Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

This was posted by Frek21 over at the 2K forum, a screenshot from the trailer:

Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Kashanova @ 03/02/09 10:40 AM
Yeah you can pretty much book that after mods and changes to the core of the game, this will be a great baseball game

# 42 mva5580 @ 03/02/09 11:10 AM
While I do think mods would make the game amazing, I also am skeptical that a lot of modders out there will even care about it.

There seems to be a pretty negative vibe around this game at the modding sites for MVP, it seems to me as if the modders and "hardcore" players of MVP on the whole don't really want to give this game a chance, they're just content with the 4 year old game they're used to which they already know is very easily modded.

Having said that if someone figures out ways to mod this game in the same way that MVP 2005 is modded, then yes I'm sure some of them will convert over and do work for the new game. But I'm in no way convinced this game will receive anywhere NEAR the attention MVP did, because 1) Everyone has this holier-than-thou view of MVP 2005, when in reality the game unmodded really isn't all that great, 2) The modders of MVP 2005 have already put so much time/effort into that game, I wonder if they even want to attempt a new one, and 3) People are hard to change. After 4 years of MVP, a lot of these people are going to just play that and not even give MLB a chance, which is a shame.

But, we'll see. All I know is someone is going to have to crack MLB's files, because the type of modding that goes on for NBA2K9 isn't good enough. Texmod is ok, but there has to be a way to solve actually replacing the texture files permanetly rather than using Texmod to load them into memory before each load. That form of modding is not a good long term solution. Unless of course someone has already figured that out and I just haven't seen it yet.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.