Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

If you hang around hardcore sports gamers long enough, the topic of conversation inevitably seems to lead to some kind of "what if" scenario. I am sure many of you have thought about combining the franchise mode of one game with the stellar graphics and on-field game play of another plenty of times. And that near-perfect complete game is just what could happen if EA ever combined its NCAA Football series with its Head Coach franchise.

If you think NFL coaches have complete control of their teams, then you need to see what the college game could offer to Head Coach fans. For starters, the recruiting alone could be a whole game to many. What is offered regularly in the NCAA series could be expanded tenfold.

Read More - If NCAA and Head Coach Mated: The Possibilities

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 adembroski @ 02/03/09 11:30 PM
Yes plz k thx

# 2 Bodizzy @ 02/04/09 01:27 AM
I would actually love the dynasty mode in NCAA to be this, and that's probably the only way such a rich set of features would ever be developed (for a college game). NCAA is ancillary to Madden, as was Head Coach. To do the Head Coach thing with NCAA would be even a greater remove from marketability.

But you're right, NCAA offers a deeper well of potential regarding the head coach context than does Madden.

# 3 football0021 @ 02/04/09 10:33 AM
This would be great, but NCAA needs tons of gameplay fixes first. Can you imagine this in an online dynasty though. Wow that would be sick.

# 4 asu666 @ 02/04/09 11:12 AM
I love the idea of seeing deeped Franchise mode features in sports games. I feel the MLB series has the best mode going right now and EA has been slow to implement some of the features like pricing in Madden and disapline in NCAA that really helped to complete the experience for fans of Owner mode style games.

# 5 ennepetal @ 02/04/09 12:44 PM
Personally, I'd prefer it to be in a separate game. If I bother to fire up the console, I have enough time to play a game. I've found the recruiting tasks to be pretty tedious and unrewarding for the most part. I agree that the college game has more to offer in the off-the-field activities, but I like the idea that it's kept to a minimum currently so I can get back to playing football.

# 6 thudias @ 02/04/09 12:45 PM
I think these types of games should be incorporated with current game models. Head Coach was a good idea and should have been incorporated into madden from the get go. That is the same way I feel about this proposition.

# 7 zoltan @ 02/04/09 01:23 PM
it would probably not be that great of a playbook editor... remember how hyped up head coachs was??????? anywas that is a great "dream game" but i doubt it.........

until they make a scratch playbook editor..... with sort of a microsoft paint way to create the plays and implement motions.....

then my guess is its not gonna be that great.......

# 8 ChicagoSparty @ 02/04/09 02:05 PM
How about we mate NCAA with some defense first?

# 9 ChosenOne58 @ 02/04/09 02:49 PM
This sounds very, very sexy. I already love the little bit of recruiting that I get in NCAA.

# 10 Chessboxer1 @ 02/04/09 03:07 PM
haha, i agree with the defense comment but you have to admit this is a great idea.

# 11 janglar @ 02/04/09 05:07 PM
I would have to second those who would like to see this incorporated into dynasty mode. Now I would like all the regular control of the players in the game like standard dynasty, but include the head coach features into the coaching career menu like luring recruits, running practices, punishing players for missed classes ect. in program integrity, pulling Mack Browns and lobbying for bowls, stuff like that. Then have the option to import your coach to Madden to potentially coach an NFL team

# 12 canes2008 @ 02/04/09 05:13 PM
Sounds cool hope it happens

# 13 JAYMO76 @ 02/04/09 08:24 PM
I've got an even better one: Image if NCAA FOOTBALL 2010 on next gen had the same gameplay and features as last gen. Wow, now that would be a game!

# 14 Heshi @ 02/05/09 05:11 AM
Well, why not have a game like "Football Head Coach"? Why limit yourself to one level of play, one league in a coach/manager game? Just look at soccer games, for example: There's no separate "Premier League Manager", no "Serie A Coach" or "Bundesliga Coach". The name says it all: "Football Manager".

You can coach all over the world, work your way up from the minors or even coach a big club's reserves squad and hope to impress your boss so you may coach the first team one day. Wanna be world champion? Take over your national team and lead it to glory.

Same with Hockey. Look at "NHL Eastside Hockey Manager". It's not the NHL only.

One of the most fun things to do in manager games (at least for me) is to watch your former player's careers. After scoring more than 20 goals in a season, my low-league star striker left and went to german Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund. He didn't even play reagularly on their 3rd league reserves team, but I checked him every week.

Imagine being a college or even high school coach and see the kids you coached going to the Pro Bowl - or the Arena League. Or nowhere at all.

They won't make a game like that. Why waste all trademarks in one game? By the way, that game wouldn't need any licence, people would love to create team and player names on their own (like they're doing in NCAA, despite the licence) and share it.

Head Coach had some good things, it just needs some life (interaction with media, player, coaches, more events, etc.) and some more things to win than the Super Bowl.

# 15 jmik58 @ 02/05/09 02:36 PM
I've said this should be the case for years now. It makes no sense to make a separate game. Just incorporate it into what already exists.

I would also like to see a completely blank slate for play design.

I think the big thing that is missing from play editors right now is the ability to specify blocking assignments and set blocking schemes.

The blocking schemes and blocking AI on video games is atrocious. It would take some input from people well versed in football to do it, but it needs to be addressed.

# 16 brza37 @ 02/06/09 04:03 AM
This game has already been made but its basketball instead: College Hoops 2k8.

# 17 alexsherry23 @ 02/06/09 11:44 AM
Great blog...what an amazing game...it makes me wish I had the background to make videogames, I would love to be part of making that game, if done right, would be best sports game out there, MAdden lovers would be buying this as well, maybe more then MAdden

# 18 Malik899 @ 02/06/09 02:00 PM
People forget that madden a couple years ago had a feature where you could create a play from scratch. It kills me that I paid $90+ for a game and then I couldn't even create my own plays.

# 19 fistofrage @ 02/06/09 02:53 PM
This sounds interesting, but only if they include the mascot game. Those fuzzy little critters crack me up with their barrel rolls.

It seems like it would be rather easy to make a good solid sim coaching game. That code has been around since Lance Hafner games on the Commodore 64.

# 20 TCF @ 02/08/09 12:15 PM
this would just be awesome!!

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.