Home
News Post

As promised, here is an OS exclusive gameplay video from MLB 09 The Show. This one features the 1st inning of the Dodgers @ Giants.

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 djjoe @ 02/26/09 05:59 PM
wow. very impressive. The Dodger fans in the crowd are very realistic as Dodger fans make up about 40% of crowd at games here in the bay during the last few years.

# 82 DTX3 @ 02/26/09 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djjoe
wow. very impressive. The Dodger fans in the crowd are very realistic as Dodger fans make up about 40% of crowd at games here in the bay during the last few years.
They sure do, all we need are "GIANTS SUCK!" chants in their own park.

# 83 djjoe @ 02/26/09 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
They sure do, all we need are "GIANTS SUCK!" chants in their own park.
I totally second that! Lol!

# 84 DTX3 @ 02/26/09 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djjoe
I totally second that! Lol!
If we can't do jeer chants for the HOME team, that should be in next years game.

# 85 djjoe @ 02/26/09 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
At At&T Park you can say that, but at the old Candle Stick Park you would be leaving in an ambulance. Just a different crowd now, but back in the day you never seen a person wearing a LA hat. They had some big bad thugs there. Scary place to tell you the truth. Makes the Raiders fans look like choir boys.
Lol! I agree- the good ol' days when Giant fans actually cared about their team.!

# 86 bxpapito @ 02/26/09 08:45 PM
WHOA I Love Bengie's Batting Stance.... DaMN THEY NAILED IT 100%!!

OMG CAN"T WAIT =]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 87 Rod_Carew29 @ 02/26/09 10:00 PM
I LOVE the fact that it's as hard as hell to follow the pitches towards homeplate. If real batters have issues, then we should too!

# 88 Blzer @ 02/26/09 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Good to hear because it was posted that EVERY stance for the Giants was off. I'm not a big 100% stance guy, but nice to hear.
It's because it is off, I don't know what he's talking about.

# 89 bxpapito @ 02/26/09 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
It's because it is off, I don't know what he's talking about.

Well i don't follow the giants, but I catched some of their games last year. Winn, Renteria and Molina's seem to be pretty accurate in my opinion.

Check Molina's batting stance in this (SLO-MO) Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2taGW1Ge1k

# 90 bxpapito @ 02/26/09 10:21 PM
Quote:
Blzer you are WRONG! That is dead on. You need to go look at the real guy. He stands just like that.
AGREE 100% with you my Friend...

# 91 Blzer @ 02/26/09 10:24 PM
Quote:
They are all right on. I don't get people. Maybe they are looking at them from the pitcher view when they see them on TV or Live. Those are very accurate stances.
Could be, maybe the player models aren't helping me see it either. Or it could be I didn't get to see the Giants much last year and maybe he's altered it. Now I didn't say it wasn't close, I just said it was off. Winn of all players was the reason I made my post. I thought that was pretty bad, actually. Molina is close, not gonna lie. I just thought he was more off than I remember.

Again, maybe it's the player models or something, not sure. I just didn't see the stance being "SPOT ON!!!!!1"

EDIT: And that video doesn't show his stance. It shows his positioning before his stride, and nothing else. Honestly, that hurt your point more than helping it. What I mean is if you showed a regular video it would have helped more. In the game, his stance is squared toward the pitcher... already off. Bat movement is similar, but Molina in real life doesn't really go below horizontal and doesn't do that Burnitz-like bounce.

Again, I didn't say it wasn't close, nor am I saying that the "other game" does it better (in fact I don't even know if it has his stance). I'm just saying that "spot on" maybe isn't the proper term here. The simple fact that the player has an individual stance is enough for me to appreciate his stance regardless, so I'm not really disappointed either way. What I despise more than anything is seeing repeat generic stances on my team, so I'm just glad that I won't see that.

# 92 Rod_Carew29 @ 02/26/09 11:54 PM
it's incorrect..unless by the time the finished version of the game includes it...

anywho, I've been uing Borowski's in place of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
The Show definitely needs to work on pitching deliveries and throwing animations in general...I think new player models would help this....

# 93 ShowTyme15 @ 02/27/09 12:03 AM
i know this is a lil off topic but it's Dodger related. manny just turned down the Dodgers new offer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3938665

# 94 Rod_Carew29 @ 02/27/09 12:05 AM
yes...just heard the report on radio....

now IF only my Mets............

LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
i know this is a lil off topic but it's Dodger related. manny just turned down the Dodgers new offer.

# 95 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/27/09 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15

it is because he is going back to Boston on the options they have on him.

*ducks*

# 96 Blzer @ 02/27/09 12:10 AM
Quote:
Blzer, what are you talking about? That Vid shows his stance. lol It is all good. Those stances are very good. Even Winn. That is how his stance is. And one thing Stances and follow throws are difference. Maybe that is what you are seeing. I don't think you are ever going to see a game with players real follow throws.

P.S. I know it is Follow-Through.
LOL actually I thought you guys were talking about follow-through. What I was saying is the YouTube video shows everything from the end of the stance on. As in, we didn't see bat movement or anything. But by positioning alone we could see that the feet were different, and seeing a top-down view isn't really "proof" either way.

Again, I'm not disappointed that they're off, I was just stating that they were off, even by a slight margin. But the best news is that I can go into create-a-player and choose from a Molina stance and a Winn stance, as opposed to two good players per team and some generics. I'm glad they have unique stances, above all things. They resemble the player very well, but they are off and I wouldn't mind if they reconsidered the stance a little bit when they supposedly have to redo them whilst redoing the player models.

And again, I think the models could be throwing me off a bit too. Molina looks a little "stretched" so it's not helping what I think his stance really looks like.

# 97 ShowTyme15 @ 02/27/09 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetercanoturn2
2 years 45 million wow put me in coach!!!
Oh I know. It's all Scott Boras he rejected the offer. the guy was quoted as saying 'the owners can't/shouldn't use the economy as an excuse". get out of here is all i have to say Boras is a joke I swear.

# 98 redsox0717 @ 02/27/09 12:33 AM
duplicates in the crowd, pitching animations, batting stances, and player models are cringe worthy but other than that looks sweet

# 99 ShowTyme15 @ 02/27/09 01:15 AM
Quote:
He will be a Giants bank on it!
i doubt that. they aren't gonna pay him the money he wants beside Will Clark has already said No Way.

# 100 bfindeisen @ 02/27/09 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smearz
Uh, no. Burris was drafted by the Giants, and came up through their system. It's a mistake by the game.
Oh no, you are right! My mistake guys, for some reason I was heard the name Burriss and was thinking of Orioles' pitcher Brian Burres -- haha no idea why...anyways thanks for the correction

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.