Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Crabtree, Johnson, Orakpo and Sanchez Featured on Platform Exclusive Covers

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., - April 23, 2009 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that Michael Crabtree, Brian Johnson, Brian Orakpo and Mark Sanchez will be featured on platform exclusive covers of EA SPORTS™ NCAA® Football 10, available in stores July 14th. Each cover athlete led his team on a memorable run toward the BCS National Championship, helping to shape the competitive landscape of college football in 2008.

Michael Crabtree, formerly of Texas Tech University, graces the NCAA Football 10 Xbox 360® cover. A top 2009 NFL Draft prospect and two-time recipient of the Biletnikoff and Paul Warfield Awards, Crabtree is a highly recognized wide receiver who led Texas Tech in a close race for the BCS National Championship up until the final weeks of the 2008 season. Texas Tech’s victory over Texas in Lubbock is considered one of the defining moments of 2008.

The PLAYSTATION®3 cover features University of Utah’s former quarterback, Brian Johnson. In 2008, under Johnson’s leadership, the Utah Utes became the only undefeated NCAA Division I team, boasting a 12-0 record heading into the 2009 Sugar Bowl. In that game, #7 Utah upset #4 Alabama to finish the season with a perfect 13-0 record. Johnson was named the Most Outstanding Player in the 2009 Sugar Bowl.

The PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) version of NCAA Football 10 will showcase University of Southern California’s former quarterback, Mark Sanchez. In his only season as USC’s starting quarterback, Sanchez led the Trojans to a near perfect 12-1 season, narrowly missing the opportunity to compete for the 2008 BCS National Championship title. Sanchez was named the Most Valuable Offensive Player in the 2009 Rose Bowl.

University of Texas’ former defensive end, Brian Orakpo, is featured on the PlayStation®2 cover. In 2008, Orakpo was unanimously selected as a first-team All-American and named the Associated Press Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year. In his final season with the Longhorns, Orakpo won the Bronko Nagurski Trophy, the Ted Hendricks Award and the Lombardi Award. Under Orakpo’s leadership, the Longhorns were one of the most dominating teams in the college football last year, defeating numerous top 25 teams including eventual Big 12 Champion and BCS National Champion contender Oklahoma in a memorable Cotton Bowl confrontation.

NCAA Football 10 will bring the excitement of college football to fans across the nation like never before with the all-new Season Showdown. In this new mode, every game counts as fans declare their loyalty to a favorite school and give the ultimate show of support in a nationwide competition. After choosing a school to represent, players will earn credits in-game through head-to-head online matchups and single player modes. Credits not only accumulate in-game but players can also earn credits for their school via new web-based games. Millions of college football fans around the country will be on a mission to prove their school is number one with
NCAA Football 10’s Season Showdown.

NCAA Football 10 introduces TeamBuilder, an all-new, online create-a-school feature that will enhance the user’s ability to produce personalized content. With the capability to upload logos and numerous customization options for uniforms, fields, rosters, and much more, TeamBuilder gives users the opportunity to design completely original teams with infinite possibilities. Plus, preloaded logos for several Football Championship Subdivision schools will help users create authentic teams for NCAA Football 10. With its intuitively designed online database that is searchable across several fields, TeamBuilder allows users to share content with ease. A football fan’s dream, TeamBuilder will enable users to experience the excitement and pageantry of college football, defined by their own personalized creations.

With additional features scheduled to be announced between now and launch, football fans are encouraged to visit www.ncaafootball10.com regularly for the most up-to-date information. For pack art and screenshots from NCAA Football 10 please visit, http://eaus.gamespress.com/release.asp?i=1121.

Developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon, and licensed by The Collegiate Licensing Company, NCAA Football 10 will be available on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, the PlayStation®2 and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment systems and the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable).

EA SPORTS™ is the leading interactive sports software brand in the world, with top-selling titles and franchises including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, NCAA® Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® and NASCAR® racing.

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 da ThRONe @ 04/23/09 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
You just made that up, didn't you?
Yeah but it there the devs. are always saying time is such an huge issue. So teambuilder took away from something with all those logo and such I did just assume it took time away from accessories. You got me!

# 102 Squeezee12 @ 04/23/09 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
posts like this are ********

#1, nobody is FORCING you to use the feature. If you want your so called "sim" season then just dont use the feature and play dynasty like its set up and been. Its not a big deal, once again let me stress, you dont have to use it if you dont like it. I thought Campus Legend or whatever its called was stupid but i didnt sit around bitching and moaning about it, i simply just didn't use it.

#2, like i said before, you cant just add 1 extra team to the 120 teams or however many extra teams on top of the 120 because of the conflict it creates with schedules

#3, you talk so much about wanting things to be realistic and then go on to say let us create custom conferences. How is that realistic?

#4, you dont have to sub out Florida or a big name school. Sub out a team like Western Kentucky. Do you honestly pay attention to what they do during your dynasty anyway?

#5, they have a massively realistic create a school because people have been asking for create a school to be brought back since the game has been on next gen. And if they just gave you the same exact create a school that was on the ps2 then people would bitch that it took so long to get it in and they just ended up getting the same exact thing from the old systems. So they brought the feature back and made it a lot better for those that enjoy this feature.

#6, so if its pointless for you once again DON'T USE IT. Rather than focus on the positives that we've seen so far, you're going to pick out the 1 new feature you don't like and won't use and bitch and moan about it. And it most likely won't be a huge disappointment for those that have wanted this back in the game. People act like you were able to just add extra teams when create a school was in the older versions. The whole idea of substituting a created school for a current school was in the older versions as well.

I mean people are getting ridiculous. If its something that you dont think you're going to ever use or will like, then simply don't use it. You can simply not use and play a normal dynasty like you've been able to do every year. But for those that enjoy creating 1aa schools, d-2, d-3 and yes even their old h.s. teams, this is a feature we will enjoy and that adds a lot of replay value to the game.
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree!!!!

# 103 hayvis @ 04/23/09 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
You would think with the upsets and tough games FCS would be in or the devs. would find some kind of way to sneak them in!
You'd think? But stranger things have happened with EA...

# 104 da ThRONe @ 04/23/09 08:02 PM
Its about priorities if I perfer accessories over teambuilder and teambuilders in and the accessories dont change at all I just put two and two together.

# 105 WolverinesFinest @ 04/23/09 08:04 PM
Quote:
Its about priorities if I perfer accessories over teambuilder and teambuilders in and the accessories dont change at all I just put two and two together.
EA hasn't stated whether accesories are being updated or not so don't count that out

# 106 da ThRONe @ 04/23/09 08:05 PM
Quote:
we dont even have all the correct FBS stadiums. You said before that adding CAS takes time away from other things but do you realize how much more work it would take to add FCS schools as opposed to just adding CAS so that those who really want FCS schools can just create them themselves.
My beef isnt against CAS its the fact that I dont like the way it seems the devs. are going to implement it in 10.

# 107 hayvis @ 04/23/09 08:05 PM
Quote:
we dont even have all the correct FBS stadiums. You said before that adding CAS takes time away from other things but do you realize how much more work it would take to add FCS schools as opposed to just adding CAS so that those who really want FCS schools can just create them themselves.
I think he was refering to my post, when I said I would like to have the ability to schedule CAS teams in order that I can play FBS in offline dynasty, without subbing any of the FBS teams. So he's kind of agreeing with you.

# 108 da ThRONe @ 04/23/09 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
EA hasn't stated whether accesories are being updated or not so don't count that out
True but its not looking good but at the same time 2 months ago everybody was crying "No CAS this year" and look its in! I realize this is a speculation but this is what happens when they release info bit by bit.

I know you dont wanna see App. St. in the game dont lie!

# 109 WolverinesFinest @ 04/23/09 08:18 PM
Quote:
True but its not looking good but at the same time 2 months ago everybody was crying "No CAS this year" and look its in! I realize this is a speculation but this is what happens when they release info bit by bit.

I know you dont wanna see App. St. in the game dont lie!
I feel you I want accessories too but forget about FCS teams lol I want to create my high school team in the game as a cupcake garbage team and build them up. I think CAS is a real good feature because it adds almost unlimited playability to the game.

Im more than willing to sacrifice asscesories for CAS!

# 110 da ThRONe @ 04/23/09 08:27 PM
Quote:
how many more accessories are needed? Facemasks, yes, knee braces, sure but besides that what more accessories are really needed? Mouthpieces? Why, so you can see them for 5 seconds during a cut scene?

The only accessory i can see making a big deal about would be cleats. The cleats are way too generic and there should be some team color added to them but based on the pictures we've seen that hasn't been changed.
The only ones I care about are facemask and long hair. But there are gloves ,hand towels and single chin straps.

# 111 da ThRONe @ 04/23/09 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
I feel you I want accessories too but forget about FCS teams lol I want to create my high school team in the game as a cupcake garbage team and build them up. I think CAS is a real good feature because it adds almost unlimited playability to the game.

Im more than willing to sacrifice asscesories for CAS!
Once again its all about opinions cause I feel the complete opposite about CAS. But good luck am glad people are getting what the want that by itself is good for all of us in the long run!

# 112 TrevJo @ 04/23/09 08:37 PM
Quote:
My beef isnt against CAS its the fact that I dont like the way it seems the devs. are going to implement it in 10.
You don't seem to like the way they implement anything. The grass is always greener on the other side. If they had Erin Andrews topless in the game, you'd complain that she wasn't completely nude.

# 113 olemish @ 04/23/09 08:39 PM
How could you put logos on your hardrive?

# 114 TrevJo @ 04/23/09 08:41 PM
Quote:
The only ones I care about are facemask and long hair. But there are gloves ,hand towels and single chin straps.
And when you get that you'll want tattoos. It will never end.

# 115 TrevJo @ 04/23/09 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olemish
That's a good question and I hope they will address it in the IGN thing tomorrow.

# 116 da ThRONe @ 04/23/09 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
And when you get that you'll want tattoos. It will never end.
1st Where you reading? I said the only ones I care about was facemask and long hair.

2nd why should it stop? Thats the point to get better every year.

# 117 da ThRONe @ 04/23/09 08:50 PM
Quote:
You don't seem to like the way they implement anything. The grass is always greener on the other side. If they had Erin Andrews topless in the game, you'd complain that she wasn't completely nude.
You seem to dont care about where you spend your money if you accept everything they do as a good idea.

# 118 Solidice @ 04/23/09 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olemish
Quote:
That's a good question and I hope they will address it in the IGN thing tomorrow.
I don't think you'll have to. I think it may be like tiger Woods and Nascar '09, where you can upload it to your EA locker(I think that how they do it) from the EASportWorld site, then you can use it in-game.

I could be wrong and it's only an import feature from the hard drive, but I'm pretty sure when they said upload logos, that they mean what I said before.

# 119 TrevJo @ 04/23/09 08:55 PM
Quote:
1st Where you reading? I said the only ones I care about was facemask and long hair.

2nd why should it stop? Thats the point to get better every year.
It does get better every year. That's why some people like me get annoyed when people complain that a new feature should not have been included at all just because it wasn't done exactly the way you want it.

# 120 TrevJo @ 04/23/09 09:00 PM
Quote:
You seem to dont care about where you spend your money if you accept everything they do as a good idea.
I certainly don't accept everything they do as a good idea. Mascot games, bowling, that stuff. I hate replay being in the game. I could do without Campus Legend. Some of the glitches in the game, that they should have fixed but haven't yet, drive me crazy. The only reason you think I accept everything they do as a good idea is because, unlike you, I don't spend 90% of my energy complaining about the features that I don't like.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.