Home
Madden 2010 News Post

ESPN Videogames have posted their preview of Madden NFL 10.

Quote:
"For the first time in series history, when the ball hits the ground, it doesn't just go to the guy who randomly touches it. In "Madden NFL 10," players will pile on the ball, and gamers will need to pound the button that is shown on the screen to try to wrestle away the rock. As the button commands change on the screen, the ball can switch hands numerous times until the refs actually dig through the bodies and declare a winner.

"That sounds a lot more fun than being in a real pile," Brown says, laughing. "Guys will do just about anything to get that ball."

But the fumble pile isn't the only new addition to "Madden NFL 10," and ESPN sat down with the game's senior producer, Phil Frazier, to get all the dirt on the new game. Here are the five things you need to know about "Madden NFL 10" ..."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Badboy49er @ 04/28/09 03:10 PM
Good read, i like almost everything i read. However one concern i have is regarding the QB avoidance feature.

Phil says they mainly want people to have success. Now i really hope the QB's elusiveness rating really comes into play here because i wouldnt want a QB to be able to avoid a sack with a low elusive rating just because they want it to work.

# 22 steez3 @ 04/28/09 03:10 PM
awesome read....very interested in what the "cooperative online" is all about.....would love to be able to play on the same team with some of my buddies who moved out of state

# 23 green94 @ 04/28/09 03:12 PM
Phil Frazier "I just think the game is really starting to feel like an NFL simulation should feel, and that's really what I'm most proud of."

Can anyone ask for anything else, WOW. This is a great read.

# 24 LBzrule @ 04/28/09 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwpit79
Didn't remember reading about a QB avoidance maneuver. Is that a new feature?

I'm a little nervous I'll be able to avoid sacks a little too easily while controlling Big Ben. I hope it's very subtle and hardly ever works.

Also, I like that the controller vibrates before you get hit, giving you a sense of the rush, but I'm wondering if it will be confusing. Will I look down at my QB thinking I got sacked when in reality I was just under pressure?

Gotta see how this works before commenting further.
Yeah avoidance is new in Madden for this year (and before someone says it yes 2k has already done it and it works similarly). As for the rumble, there was a debate about that.

# 25 Scott @ 04/28/09 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arseniotall
YES! finally things that were in a 4 year old game make it to next gen. I'm not jumping circles. And yes I should have every right in voicing my opinion about NOT being stoked just as much as someone has the right to voice how greatly they are stoked about these features. Good bye madden forum.
Bye

# 26 Blitzburgh @ 04/28/09 03:15 PM
very nice!

# 27 Netherscourge @ 04/28/09 03:15 PM
How soon does the controller start to shake when a defender approaches the QB? Is it based on your awareness rating?

Elusive QB's should get the "warning" shakes sooner then the statue QB's, IMO.

# 28 djordan @ 04/28/09 03:15 PM
Quote:
YES! finally things that were in a 4 year old game make it to next gen. I'm not jumping circles. And yes I should have every right in voicing my opinion about NOT being stoked just as much as someone has the right to voice how greatly they are stoked about these features. Good bye madden forum.
LMAO!!!....How are you going to leave when all of these cool announcements are out?....hahah PEACE!

# 29 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 04/28/09 03:17 PM
I just hope the transition from the real gameplay to the cutscene in the pileups is smooth. And I wish there wasn't a meter so it would be a surprise who gets the ball instead of seeing the meter.

# 30 Badboy49er @ 04/28/09 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
It's an amazing piece of technology. I was really impressed with it. Without it, I don't think they could have made the leap they made from 09 to 10.
LB, i know you cant really say anything yet so im not going to press i just have a question im wondering if you can answer...Regarding the Pro-Tak tech and the gang tackling. Obviously 2K5 did a great job at this and really felt dynamic in alot of ways.

The question is do you feel Madden has finally reach and or passed this with pro-tak? It sounds like an amazing technology and i was wondering how dynamic it felt.

To me thats the biggest thing for a football game gameplay wise to feel fresh .....you know that "anything can happen" sense.

You get me?

# 31 green94 @ 04/28/09 03:18 PM
Ok, so the button mashing thing is about the only let down in this entire article. I'm not sure how I really feel about it, but definitely not good.

Kickers on the sideline warming up - awesome
Pro-tak - unbelievable
QB Avoidance - awesome (I think Ian was asking about this a year or two ago, about how to implement it - controller shaking sounds great)

# 32 green94 @ 04/28/09 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I'm not sure, so I won't but would really love to It's beast man.
No doubt, i can't wait until they let you guys talk. Sounds incredible.

# 33 steez3 @ 04/28/09 03:20 PM
qb avoidance sounds like a great new feature and am excited to check it out...It would absolutely amazing if the better scramblers would have more time then the average or pocket passers would....Like if your using Ben your controller would start vibrating as soon as a Defensive end breaks free from the tackle and is rushing right at him...where as say the average QB wouldn't get asmuch time to react...maybe the average QB's controller would vibrate only when the defender is RIGHT on him....if that makes any sense lol...does anyone know if its going to be like that or is it the same for every QB??

# 34 lgxjames @ 04/28/09 03:20 PM
I dont really like button mashing, hopefully there is some kind of advantage to who reached the ball 1st, which doesnt seem the direction there goin

# 35 Badboy49er @ 04/28/09 03:22 PM
Quote:
SO let me get this right...your mad it took them 4 years to get something like this into the game(understandable) ...and when they finally do....your still mad and leaving the forum? LOL.

I dont get it .... I mean if you hate the game more power to yah, everyone has the right to there opinion, it just seems contradictive in your statment IMO.

# 36 splff3000 @ 04/28/09 03:23 PM
Quote:
Although we did plan to have an achievement in the game if you were able to play an entire game of "Madden" without knocking over an official. But it's so hard to do, we had to take it out. But no, you can't Hit Stick them, and even when you run into them in the game, they won't stop your progress, you just knock them over and keep going.
This whole phrase is a little disturbing to me. This means the refs are really in the way. You rarely see a ref knocked down in a NFL game, but he's saying you rarely DON'T see it happen in Madden 10. Also, he says the ref won't stop your progress if you run into him, but I hope he at least slows down your progress. The refs are part of the field. They are not just there for show. They shouldn't be that way for the game either.

# 37 Badboy49er @ 04/28/09 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Ok, so the button mashing thing is about the only let down in this entire article. I'm not sure how I really feel about it, but definitely not good.

Kickers on the sideline warming up - awesome
Pro-tak - unbelievable
QB Avoidance - awesome (I think Ian was asking about this a year or two ago, about how to implement it - controller shaking sounds great)
I was thinking the same thing but i think we should wait to hear from some of the guys who have played it and their thoughs before we write it off. It might actually turn out to be a fun mini game within the game.

Heres hoping

# 38 LBzrule @ 04/28/09 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy49er
LB, i know you cant really say anything yet so im not going to press i just have a question im wondering if you can answer...Regarding the Pro-Tak tech and the gang tackling. Obviously 2K5 did a great job at this and really felt dynamic in alot of ways.

The question is do you feel Madden has finally reach and or passed this with pro-tak? It sounds like an amazing technology and i was wondering how dynamic it felt.

To me thats the biggest thing for a football game gameplay wise to feel fresh .....you know that "anything can happen" sense.

You get me?
I'll say it this way: With Pro-tak, they have a piece of tech that can leave 2k5 and 2k8 in the dust. The key word is "can." It's going to depend on how much polish they can give to it. Hopefully, they will have all the time they need.

# 39 splff3000 @ 04/28/09 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
I dont really like button masking, hopefully there is some kind of advantage to who reached the ball 1st, which doesnt seem the direction there goin
Yeah I was worried about this as well. I KNOW I can't button mash as fast as one of my boys, so that means that when we play he'll always win these types of situations. They should make it timed based ala God of War and Resident Evil. Have a random pattern of buttons pop up and whoever responds the fastest wins the fumble. I also don't like the idea of having a meter. It kinds kills the drama of it all.

# 40 LBzrule @ 04/28/09 03:28 PM
As for the button mashing, I didn't think it was bad. Watcher made some really great suggestions for this feature though and hopefully he will show up and talk about that, because if they take even half of what he suggested for it, it'll be really cool.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.