Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Just played a full 10 minute quarter game at home on my big screen - Titans (me) vs. Steelers. I won 31-27, Roethlisberger picked me apart (including a deep bomb to Sweed that caught me in man coverage) but I came back with Smash and Dash and scored on the final drive. I saw so many great things (along with a ton of issues that I've got to get fixed asap as well ), but the game overall just put me in a good mood, so I thought I'd share something new and cool.

This hasn't even gone live on our site yet, but I thought I'd give my fellow OS brethren a first look at the Jaguars new uniform and helmet before we post it live tomorrow:

http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...rm-helmet.aspx

Hope you dig.

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 MelMan1486 @ 05/05/09 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballinology
I guess I gotta get used to the Jags uniforms being wrong every year, EA's on a three year streak.
You know the one thing I'd like to know (and the team that works on the jerseys feel free to explain) is HOW they can get a jersey wrong that the same team has been wearing for years. The Bills (my team) have been wearing the same away jersey for years now and in Madden it's still wrong, there's just one tiny thing that needs to be tweaked. And also the 49ers jerseys have been incorrect along with the jags. How do you get a jersey wrong when there are plenty of pictures with the REAL uniform at numerous angles.

# 142 dbshady @ 05/05/09 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
MJD doesn't wear any of that though
HA, come on Kane! Ian might not know that.

# 143 Ballinology @ 05/05/09 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
I don't see a problem with them. They look good just as the last unis. Something about the teal and black, for me. Great logo, great colors, great helmets-what's not to like? But, I think most NFL teams have good unis, though. I honestly can't think of an "ugly" uni. Just glad there's no pink.
As long as the main logo NEVER EVER changes, I don't care if the Jags suit up in gold jaguar print at home games and they're ugliest uniforms to man kind. This logo is perfect, and I mean perfect.

# 144 Outkizast @ 05/05/09 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
MJD doesn't wear any of that though
he wears a mouthpiece sometimes... Week 10...

But he probably doesn't wear it too often... ? not much of a jags fan.... haha

# 145 carolina_boi @ 05/05/09 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMan1486
You know the one thing I'd like to know (and the team that works on the jerseys feel free to explain) is HOW they can get a jersey wrong that the same team has been wearing for years. The Bills (my team) have been wearing the same away jersey for years now and in Madden it's still wrong, there's just one tiny thing that needs to be tweaked. And also the 49ers jerseys have been incorrect along with the jags. How do you get a jersey wrong when there are plenty of pictures with the REAL uniform at numerous angles.
the pics are the new jag uniforms anouncced last month. They got rid of last years Jerseys and only have 2 now. The green on white *for home* and the white on black *for away* the 49ers also got new Jaersey this year *classic look* and looking at the screenshot of M.Crabtree they got those Jerseys correct also.. idk about da bills though???

# 146 carolina_boi @ 05/05/09 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowld
Jersey name font is wrong..looks like madden is still using the old name font but new numbers??
what are you talken about?? they fixed it this year..

# 147 reverend_heat @ 05/05/09 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
he wears a mouthpiece sometimes... Week 10...

But he probably doesn't wear it too often... ? not much of a jags fan.... haha
No he doesn't, but just to show how cool these models would be with said accessories, here is JD with those added and thicker legs.

# 148 dbshady @ 05/05/09 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
No he doesn't, but just to show how cool these models would be with said accessories, here is JD with those added and thicker legs.

They would look cool!!! (I would go with a black or white nasel strip tho, scrap the band-aid.

Along with a bigger head. Damn, his head looks small on that body. I have a feeling these upper bodies (shoulder pads) are still going to be too big.

# 149 Ozeob @ 05/05/09 11:41 PM
Pics look good bit I still have a slight issue with the lighting. As a previous poster said, if it's a day game the pics look a little too dark. As a graphic designer myself, I tend to look deeply into these kinds of things. I think the problem is contrast. Maybe it needs to be ramped up a little so that the shadows really stick out during day games while the whites and reflections should look more over exposed.

However, this is a still-shot so very hard to get a great idea of how it all looks in-play. From the short video clips I have seen the lighting does look better than the pics.

Loving the work by the team anyway. Keep it up.

# 150 R3ll @ 05/06/09 12:13 AM
the graphics and colors are sick!!! any patriot screens coming soon?

# 151 frankplastictrees @ 05/06/09 12:30 AM
This just shows how starved I am for information, because I just read 19 pages of discussion on a team's uniform that I couldn't give a damn about.

Screenshots look great, and only add to an excitement for a Madden game that I haven't had in a long time.

# 152 mizzta21 @ 05/06/09 01:35 AM
Hey Ian! i was wondering if you could put up some of the 49er pics with their new Uni's?? thanks Ian!

# 153 scraw28 @ 05/06/09 02:04 AM
the nameplate on the back of the jersey and helmet bumper are wrong too

# 154 Landlordos7 @ 05/06/09 02:21 AM
I am totally new here, so can someone tell me, is it normal for this guy to post this info/screenshots and then have a 20 page thread about people telling him what needs fixed, without him ever replying again?

# 155 IDontKnow @ 05/06/09 03:06 AM
where's the 49ers???

# 156 Glorious Arc @ 05/06/09 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landlordos7
I am totally new here, so can someone tell me, is it normal for this guy to post this info/screenshots and then have a 20 page thread about people telling him what needs fixed, without him ever replying again?
Sorry but the idea of what you stated is fairly funny if you look at it like I did.

Welcome to the OS

Anyone who posts that has a Purple name is a Dev. of some kind. And yes it is kinda normal for Ian to post something then everyone reply back with details of what they liked or see that needs fixing. He will in turn either post up something once the problem is fixed or update us further at a later date. That is about the basics of it

# 157 Landlordos7 @ 05/06/09 03:48 AM
I agree that it's funny

It just seems to me like the process of things was going like this

Dev. - "Hey guys check out this really awesome stuff in our game let me know what you think"

Fans - "OMG THAT IS SO COOL BUT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU COULD CHANGE IS THIS AND THIS AND THIS"

Fans - "Um....hello?"

or something along those lines

# 158 Glorious Arc @ 05/06/09 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landlordos7
I agree that it's funny

It just seems to me like the process of things was going like this

Dev. - "Hey guys check out this really awesome stuff in our game let me know what you think"

Fans - "OMG THAT IS SO COOL BUT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU COULD CHANGE IS THIS AND THIS AND THIS"

Fans - "Um....hello?"

or something along those lines
Sounds right sometimes. Ian is normally good at responding. I have seen him be the first to respond to some threads. Other times there have been where he will completely not respond and that includes some of his own polls that he has put up hehe

EX

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-mean-you.html

It took him nearly a month to respond to the multi camera angle. He was not responding because he knew there was an issue and he was trying to get it into the game but its still up in the air if it will make it.

# 159 JeniusJoshua @ 05/06/09 07:19 AM
Smash and Dash... i hope CJ is a 99 Speed. Goodluck EA

# 160 bogart69 @ 05/06/09 10:59 AM
I have to admit these graphics look awesome.. Fingers crossed Ian gets things back on track and we have a great game once again...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.