Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 mars85042 @ 05/18/09 01:16 PM
That was pretty awesome, the graphics look great.

# 22 PlatooN @ 05/18/09 01:25 PM
looks good overall but what the hell is going on with the tight end play at 4:30?? looks odd. heath miller takes on 3 guys and pushes them all backward then it kind of jumps forward? ..looks weird

# 23 TheWatcher @ 05/18/09 01:25 PM
At 2:07 of the vid the defense is huddling up like an offense would... defenses don't do that.

Here is an example of an offensive huddle and defensive one:

Notice how the offensive huddle (Cardinals) is neater, and the defensive huddle (Steelers) is less organized.

The camera starting at 2:07 needs to come down some too. Because of where the plays are positioned, it's obstructing the view and the shot looks a bit strange.

# 24 sozo @ 05/18/09 01:26 PM
The game looks good even in this alpha build. Props to Ian for giving an interview to a floating mic for 15 minutes lol. That must have been very awkward. Those little glitches will most definitely get fixed before release. They wouldn't let the game ship with pro-tak looking like that. It's their staple for this game

# 25 dougdeuce @ 05/18/09 01:28 PM
I think the one new thing that I came away from the video with was how when a tackle is engaged and the player is definitely going down, the camera angle changed to a broadcast style one. This is different to previous years where the play was over for 8 seconds and the camera never changed. I like this A LOT!

Good work folks, I'm diggin the new stuff coming out.

# 26 Smoke316 @ 05/18/09 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I sure hope they put the field lines back onto the play call screen. They've made it almost TOO generic looking.

Also, while I am happy for the camera flashes in the Super Bowl, I think it's gone a bit overboard. There are 100 camera flashes going off per second during a regular play from scrimmage. Only on the opening kickoff is the flash volume that high. I don't mind it though since it makes the SB feel more "different."
Yea i had mentioned that a few weeks ago. It looks real generic plus i want to see what routes get me the first down without having to smart route u know? I hope that could be fixed.

# 27 Rashad19 @ 05/18/09 01:33 PM
Nice vid the little things are really starting to add up. I like how Big Ben gets under center with one leg behind the other just like we see on Sundays!!

# 28 LBzrule @ 05/18/09 01:38 PM
What I liked:

Dockett blows up a run.
Dockett gets pressure up the middle on the pass play.
Good steering animations by the OT's
Good riding and fight by the DE's (although I still think they engage to early)

What needs more tuning:

Dansby engages too early. Should have run up the field some more.

QB finishes drop way too early before DE's get up the field. Or is it DE's engaging too early and thereby making it look like the QB finishes his drop way too early. Whichever one it is and it could be a little bit of both, this needs to get straightened out.

Will have to look at it again. The gang tackling at the end with Miller they will fix, I'm sure, so I'm not including that.

# 29 Da Bears @ 05/18/09 01:38 PM
I'm at work, guys yall are killing me lol.

# 30 davjaffe @ 05/18/09 01:40 PM
I'm starting to get very excited for this game. However, my favorite part of Madden has always been running the ball, and in the videos I've seen thus far (including this new one), the running game looks to be similarly problematic to last year's edition.

I know that there have been OL/DL improvements made, and the game speed has been slowed to facilitate running, but it still looked like the play got blown up too soon, and there was still the same silly, slow "hop-juke" at play, and the holes still didn't seem to materialize as well as they should.

Could we possibly get some footage of the running game in action?

P.S. I agree with those who have already said that we need the yardage lines back on the play-call screen.

# 31 Smoke316 @ 05/18/09 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLuX
Why does the grass glow so much?
I saw that too, i dont think its glowing it might just be the tv because everything seemed bright

# 32 kwas676 @ 05/18/09 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Im willing to bet the way the guy treated the interview had more to do with Madden's reputation.
I don't really think so, Ian was talking about little things that I guess they don't care much about.

# 33 LBzrule @ 05/18/09 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davjaffe
I'm starting to get very excited for this game. However, my favorite part of Madden has always been running the ball, and in the videos I've seen thus far (including this new one), the running game looks to be similarly problematic to last year's edition.

I know that there have been OL/DL improvements made, and the game speed has been slowed to facilitate running, but it still looked like the play got blown up too soon, and there was still the same silly, slow "hop-juke" at play, and the holes still didn't seem to materialize as well as they should.

Could we possibly get some footage of the running game in action?

P.S. I agree with those who have already said that we need the yardage lines back on the play-call screen.
Well I'm expecting some plays to get blown up by guys like Dockett, Hampton, Ngata, Rogers and the like. One side of the community is begging for the DT's/NT's to play better, get penetration at times. The other side is saying the DL gets off too fast. We need to come in the middle somewhere and accept that sometimes these guys need to blow up these plays and other times maybe not. I can say this though, CD build, there were no problems at all running the football. None.

# 34 Valdarez @ 05/18/09 01:43 PM
One of the best examples of game play and presentation we have seen thus far.

Game Play

Best game play I have seen in Madden, ever. Pocket's forming, guys are coming off the line correctly (no instant start). Game speed looks good. Coverage looks good.

The pocket is better, but still doesn't look quite right. It might just be that on this play the DT got pressure, but they pushed right up the middle, pretty much negating the pocket feel.

The biggest problem that I saw was the DB coverage by the guys that weren't in man coverage (zone players). The safeties that were deep (looks like Cover man 2) were still instant turning (you can see the one on the right do it several times). This is going to be a game breaker for any zone coverage, and something that still doesn't appear to be fixed/addressed. Looks like instant turns are still in.

Presentation

Looks good. The one thing that I see which still hasn't been fixed are the quick head jerks (snapping), and then how the camera follows players after a play is over. The camera follows a player (locked in) and because the players movements are fast/jerky, it causes the camera to jerk as well. The camera needs to get a passing shot of the player. Find a player to follow, determine their direction, and then let the camera float that way independently. Even if they lose sight of the player, at least the camera won't jerk back and forth. When the player is no longer in frame, then transition to another player, or to the same player from a different angle.

# 35 Valdarez @ 05/18/09 01:44 PM
Does anyone besides me wish that Madden moments were the actual games, instead of situational scenarios? I don't want to play the last 2 minutes of the game. I want to play the game itself.

# 36 burne @ 05/18/09 01:46 PM
There's still no momentum. Watch Holmes cut up the field on a dime. I'm really hoping that's something that's just still not in the game yet. If, after the blog and all the focus on tuning turn speeds and acceleration, this is the final, I will be pretty disappointed.

# 37 g2thecore @ 05/18/09 01:50 PM
Yeah nothing new, but I still enjoyed the new gameplay footage.

# 38 NYyankz225 @ 05/18/09 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burne
There's still no momentum. Watch Holmes cut up the field on a dime. I'm really hoping that's something that's just still not in the game yet. If, after the blog and all the focus on tuning turn speeds and acceleration, this is the final, I will be pretty disappointed.
This looks to be the same event as the previous IGN videos we've gotten so no adjustments that were made are shown in this video.

# 39 Reggie16 @ 05/18/09 01:52 PM
i enjoyed the new gameplay! cant wait for this!! definitely a midnight release for me

# 40 splff3000 @ 05/18/09 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
One concern for me is that at the lime of scrimmage (pre-snap), only the offensive skill player names appear... i was hoping they might show the defensive skill players names too, so i knew who my wr or te was up against.

I wouldn't throw to ochocinco if asomugha was on him kinda thing... makes it more of a chess game... the current way is a guessing game... checkers.
Thank You!!! Thank you!!! Thank You!!! I thought I was the only one that wanted this. I've been asking for this for YEARS!!!! I NEED to know if my WR is lined up against their top corner or if he's lined up against another corner. I'm gonna be more cautious if I know my WR is going up against an elite corner. Now, I have no way to know who's he lined up against. God forbid someone assigns their top corner to follow my no. 1 WR around. I NEED to know this.
Other than that the video looks good! Everyone has already listed most of my complaints about the vid so there's no need to go over them again, but PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! SHOW THE DEFENSIVE SKILLED PLAYERS NAMES BEFORE SNAP!!!!!!! Better yet, you can show all of the defensive players names before snap if you like.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.