Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Teamxbox has posted their hands-on preview of Madden NFL 10.

Quote:
"In terms of executing a play, Madden NFL 10 feels similar to last year’s game. Those who have played the last few Madden games will have no troubles jumping in and running an offense or defense. The results of these plays in Madden NFL 10, however, are often different than in its predecessor. Here’s a tip—or more like fair warning—when setting up a running play: Don’t try and run that speedster back into the pile. We learned that first hand with Willie Parker: Pittsburgh’s resident “scat” back. Willie has blinding speed and razor-sharp cuts, but he’s not the most bullish back in the NFL. Madden NFL 10’s new Pro-Tak system forces users to know the player (and that player’s role) much more intimately than in games prior; no more physics-defying 160 pounders taking on an entire front three or four."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 NYyankz225 @ 05/18/09 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Am I the only one to interpret that as "executing plays are the same"? You still pick the plays in the same manner and tap a (or x) to start them.

Like when you just take that statement out of context, yeah it sounds like he's saying the game overall is exactly the same, but when reading it, all he's saying is that it's easy to get into if you played previous maddens which is something that Ian wanted.

So yeah... I don't see why people are getting worried over that statement. I guess it's just people misinterpreting it...
Very good! Another person that can read!

I understand why people take it the wrong way. But the author of this review was talking about controls. A lot of sports games are switching from buttons to analog controls (NHL and Fight Night, MLB 2k9, etc) so he obviously had that on his mind and wanted to explain that the game hasn't changed its control scheme.

# 22 Vikes1 @ 05/18/09 10:42 PM
I'm just happy to hear that seemingly, size and ratings matter in Madden '10'. To me...thats huge.

My confidants level in M10 remains pretty high.

# 23 xX CASCABEL Xx @ 05/18/09 10:57 PM
The old "jam the stick down and run around at the snap" technique doesn't put you in the best position anymore. More than once, I instinctively took off running, only to be greeted by a sack at the hands of an end or linebacker. But when I broke that habit, I found I could slip around, even step up, and buy the time to make a play.

Great News...^^^

# 24 NYyankz225 @ 05/18/09 11:09 PM
I wonder what Ian has to say about all these impressions. He's looking at this thread right now...

# 25 rckabillyRaider @ 05/18/09 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
Very good! Another person that can read!

I understand why people take it the wrong way. But the author of this review was talking about controls. A lot of sports games are switching from buttons to analog controls (NHL and Fight Night, MLB 2k9, etc) so he obviously had that on his mind and wanted to explain that the game hasn't changed its control scheme.
exactly. I dont understand what all the commotion is

# 26 bogart69 @ 05/19/09 01:44 PM
This is also how I read it... Simply speaking about comfort.. The ability to settle right in and play.. Nowhere did I take this to read that the game was lousy like '09..

As long as Ortiz doesn't have his hands in this and Ian does I am pretty confident this will be the best Madden by a large margin since the next gen started..

# 27 Netherscourge @ 05/19/09 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie16
i wanna hear ians or any of the games developers thoughts on what these game sites say about it being similar to last year

What do you think they'll say?

They'll just disagree and say it's brand-spanking new and never-seen-before... yadda yadda yadda

It's good to get outside opinions - not just the company line.

# 28 Maelstrom-XIII @ 05/19/09 01:51 PM
It always confuses me when folks post that it is the same as last year, especially when regarding something like controls or playcalling...of course it will be similar to last year...they didn't overhaul the play call...they changed the play calling screen, sure...but you still choose plays in the same way...its not like they implemented a playcall system using the sixaxis controller...you don't have to waggle the controller a certain way to call a PA Flat and spin it in circles to call a HB stretch...you push X or A or...you get the drift. It's the same engine...therefore some things will feel the same...it does not mean that it will play the same...

# 29 drae2 @ 05/19/09 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Am I the only one to interpret that as "executing plays are the same"? You still pick the plays in the same manner and tap a (or x) to start them.

Like when you just take that statement out of context, yeah it sounds like he's saying the game overall is exactly the same, but when reading it, all he's saying is that it's easy to get into if you played previous maddens which is something that Ian wanted.

So yeah... I don't see why people are getting worried over that statement. I guess it's just people misinterpreting it...
This is starting to get reee-damn-diculous already. It's like some people are not even reading what A. Ian said about the interface of the game, or B. The people HERE that have played the game. As soon as somebody says something that people constrict as being negative, all hell breaks loose. And quite honestly, when it comes to sports games, why in the hell are you listening to those sites anyway!?!? Most of those sites don't know a good SPORTS game from a hole in the wall. I can't tell you guys what to think, but I do know this, I would/will continue to listen to Ian and the guys here that have played over those other sites. That's just me though.

# 30 trufootball @ 05/19/09 10:33 PM
Look forward to seeing more in-game footage for mysel but I have to admit I was expecting more dazzle out of these early hands on reviews...

# 31 Tengo Juego @ 05/19/09 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
"Madden NFL 10 feels similar to last year’s game."

Take this one line however you want it, to me it's nothing more then a crutch for reviewers. Most of these reviews then go on to talk about the difference tackling, the pocket or injury system make. Also i gather that these people got a very limited demo build of only Madden moments at this point and probably haven't spent enough time to form a valid opinion on game play.

To me it seems like "hey we played the demo for 30-45 minutes, lets spit out some marketing jargon that has been written down for us"

It's a little too early to say the game is or isn't improved. I'll reserve that judgment to I start seeing long game play clips and actually trying the game.
Exactly. I wont even bother reading this after reading all these responses. I'm gonna do my best to avoid any kind of previews for Madden and NCAA this year.

# 32 TombSong @ 05/20/09 12:01 AM
Wow, This is JUST LIKE what was happening after the AP2K8 Trailer dropped 2 years ago. All the back and forth speculation, the up and down game site reviews. The forum debates and speculation.

If it all holds to form like it did for AP2K8 and we dont have a Star Trek time travel scenerio happen, Madden 2010 is gonna be THE BEST football game of all Time.

With that said....I dont think we are really gonna know if this game is gonna be bust or boom till we see some finished product gameplay footage. Which we probably wont see until the middle of July.

# 33 PeckinOrder @ 05/20/09 10:03 AM
Here is a question, what do you expect the game to feel like. Smooth chocolate pouring over your skin, the sense of touch from a hooker in new york city caressing your buttocks? The sharp shrilling pain of being stabbed in the heart? I dont get you what you guys want this gaem to feel like. ITs football, its supposed to feel like football. And thats exactly what it feels like. There is no difference between 09 - 10, there is no diffference in "feeling" from 89 to 2010 ITS FOOTBALL! The differences you are going to SEE not FEEL are the protak, the new gang tackles, the new passing animations, the speed of the game. The injury systems and the COUTNLESS other options that EA has put into the game to make it better and BE DIFFERENT from last years or the year befores or 20 years before that. There is no new graphic technology, there is no new way to kick a football, and the runningbacks wont start running backwards to make the game FEEL different. If you want to FEEL something, go watch Doctor Phil, this is football. Play it and shut fhe **** up!

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.