Home
Tiger Woods 10 News Post

For those of you that purchased Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10, please post your impressions here.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 ronnyballgame @ 06/11/09 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
Yeah, it isn't just you. The game is much harder and the CPU opponents are much tougher. They used to always miss those little 3 foot putts in 09, now they all play amazing.

I got embarrassed by that Bjorklund woman with the purple pants! She beat me by 10 strokes in 9 holes at Firestone! In 09 I could beat her by 3 touchdowns easy.
What level are you playing on?

BTW I do love this game, and no it isn't perfect or flawless but it is an enjoyable and fun game

# 162 kerosene31 @ 06/11/09 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyballgame
What level are you playing on?

BTW I do love this game, and no it isn't perfect or flawless but it is an enjoyable and fun game
I'm on pro now but will be moving to tour pro soon. I'm just trying to get more feel for the putter, plus I'm trying to unlock as many challenges as I can first.

# 163 hawkeyekid @ 06/11/09 05:13 PM
OK I'm stupid. How do you even play this lady in the purple pants?

# 164 Benz7524 @ 06/11/09 05:23 PM
Quote:
I like when my guy drains a birdie putt and rides his putter like a horse. I cracked up when I saw that.

Seriously, you guys can have an opinion on the game, but you knew what you were getting. The demo was out well before the game hit stores. It isn't like they pulled one of those "let's release the demo after the game is out!" deals to fool you.

You knew the box didn't say Links 2010. We'd all love a super realistic golf sim, but for now, I am playing Tiger and having a blast. I actually caught myself pumping my fist like Tiger when making big putts.

After playing the demo, I was expecting the game to be just like 09 with weather and the new putting meter, however I was pleasantly surprised to see quite a few tweaks.
How could you actually find it funny that your golfer rides his putter like a horse, if i was playing with someone or saw someone do that on TV, I would seriously walk off the course or turn off the TV. So lame. That is stupid kids stuff that has no place in a PGA Tour game, unless they want to change the name to Boo Weekley PGA Tour Golf 10. Then maybe I'd expect it. It is not funny, it is just for people like you who think Happy Gilmore is what professional golf is actually like. Watch a damn tournament, it is not like that.

# 165 Zalf @ 06/11/09 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz7524
How could you actually find it funny that your golfer rides his putter like a horse, if i was playing with someone or saw someone do that on TV, I would seriously walk off the course or turn off the TV. So lame. That is stupid kids stuff that has no place in a PGA Tour game, unless they want to change the name to Boo Weekley PGA Tour Golf 10. Then maybe I'd expect it. It is not funny, it is just for people like you who think Happy Gilmore is what professional golf is actually like. Watch a damn tournament, it is not like that.
He didn't say the tour was like that, he said he found it funny.

His point is that TW has never been exactly tour like and that the demo made it obvious some of these things wouldn't change this year.

# 166 kerosene31 @ 06/11/09 06:20 PM
Quote:
Thanks for insulting me. That's something you wouldn't see on tour either. Before calling people childish, you should look in the mirror.

Maybe you should stop treating your opinion as fact. I find it funny. I actually laughed out loud.

I was brought up to respect the game and taught to play by my grandfather who would never allow me to even wear a t-shirt or jeans when golfing. I still respect that to this day.

When I play a video game in my living room, I don't care that my guy acts like a buffoon. I actually find it funny.

Throw as many personal attacks you want, but it doesn't change the fact that you're playing a video game. People wear racing helmets and pirate outfits. Get over it.

# 167 kehlis @ 06/11/09 06:30 PM
Quote:
Geez, step back a little.

ITS A VIDEO GAME.

# 168 hq3000 @ 06/11/09 06:52 PM
Quote:
Thanks for insulting me. That's something you wouldn't see on tour either. Before calling people childish, you should look in the mirror.

Maybe you should stop treating your opinion as fact. I find it funny. I actually laughed out loud.

I was brought up to respect the game and taught to play by my grandfather who would never allow me to even wear a t-shirt or jeans when golfing. I still respect that to this day.

When I play a video game in my living room, I don't care that my guy acts like a buffoon. I actually find it funny.

Throw as many personal attacks you want, but it doesn't change the fact that you're playing a video game. People wear racing helmets and pirate outfits. Get over it.
I agree with you, why must this guy insinuate that the people who bought the game have never watched golf or attempted to play it before? Of course we know things like that never happen.

You're high and mighty stance is quite rude.

As for impressions of this game, because this is what this thread is for, the game is fun. I haven't played a TW game since 06 but enjoyed the previous iterations on the PS2.

The arcade quality of the titles is what kind of drew me in the first place. I'm not ashamed to admit I enjoy mashing my A button around to spin the ball.

A note to unlocking: I think you can change the difficulty of the Tour Challenges if you're strapped for time. Its an easy and fast way to unlock items you can use in modes you're more interested in.

I am very confused at times when I hit very high shots and the ball just backspins. I never saw this in the past games. Is there a way to make it so the loft is not so high? I know there is the loft stick, but perhaps there are other strategies to take into account.

Aside from being a bit rusty, I am enjoying the online tournaments. I think its really cool to go up against real scores even though many players will demolish them. Its still a great concept.

The daily tournaments are a great idea as well. I like the idea of trying to improve my score by seeing how other players do.

The new putting stick is difficult but rewarding. However, I could see it being mastered in a short span. I do enjoy the mechanic though.

One last note to those who continue to post here negatively here, yet was "intelligent" enough to not buy the game:

Please stop it. All you do is make yourselves look bad.

Thanks.

# 169 Benz7524 @ 06/11/09 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalf
He didn't say the tour was like that, he said he found it funny.

His point is that TW has never been exactly tour like and that the demo made it obvious some of these things wouldn't change this year.
I understand what your saying, but my point is that it is people thinking stupid things like that are funny that make it so us people that actually watch and play golf can't get a game that recreates that PGA Tour experience.

You are right that TW has never been tour like, but my point is that if EA Sports wants to have the exclusive license to the PGA Tour, then we should at least get a PGA Tour game, and I personally feel that it is them catering to all of the weekend warriors who just want to hit 500 yr drives and do dumb celebrations, instead of the people that actually watch and follow PGA Tour golf that is the reason that this game is not even close to resembling the PGA Tour. They should have TW golf, and then another game called PGA Tour 10. That would be awesome, cuz TW is not PGA Tour golf.

I am not trying to be rude, I am just a big fan of golf and think that a PGA Tour video game should resemble the PGA Tour, and I just don't see how riding the putter like a horse, throwing clubs, wearing pirate suits, and dancing like an idiot have anything to do with PGA Tour golf. Just my .02

# 170 bjf1377 @ 06/11/09 08:42 PM
I hate impressions threads; I always end up reading them, caving, and buying the games, lol

# 171 bluengold34_OS @ 06/11/09 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf1377
I hate impressions threads; I always end up reading them, caving, and buying the games, lol
So true bjf....I do the exact same thing. I did that with infamous for the PS3.

OT: How is that Jimmy Johns there at Kent, we used to go there all the time last year when we lived in Aurora.

# 172 bjf1377 @ 06/11/09 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34
So true bjf....I do the exact same thing. I did that with infamous for the PS3.

OT: How is that Jimmy Johns there at Kent, we used to go there all the time last year when we lived in Aurora.
Yeah, I ended up almost buying Prototype after reading that impression thread but resisted the urge.

OT: Amazingly enough I've yet to go there in the 3 years I've been here. I think I'll have to go there tomorrow while I have nothing to do

# 173 hq3000 @ 06/11/09 09:16 PM
Quote:
I understand what your saying, but my point is that it is people thinking stupid things like that are funny that make it so us people that actually watch and play golf can't get a game that recreates that PGA Tour experience.

You are right that TW has never been tour like, but my point is that if EA Sports wants to have the exclusive license to the PGA Tour, then we should at least get a PGA Tour game, and I personally feel that it is them catering to all of the weekend warriors who just want to hit 500 yr drives and do dumb celebrations, instead of the people that actually watch and follow PGA Tour golf that is the reason that this game is not even close to resembling the PGA Tour. They should have TW golf, and then another game called PGA Tour 10. That would be awesome, cuz TW is not PGA Tour golf.

I am not trying to be rude, I am just a big fan of golf and think that a PGA Tour video game should resemble the PGA Tour, and I just don't see how riding the putter like a horse, throwing clubs, wearing pirate suits, and dancing like an idiot have anything to do with PGA Tour golf. Just my .02

There are at least 4 sentences in those paragraphs that sound like you're talking down to everyone on this thread right now. Its unfortunate you don't have a game to call your own. I can relate to that.

Normally I don't like playing arcade style sports games as well. This game has a a sense of enjoyment that has surprised me over and over.

If I did not enjoy it because it has silly dances and stupid mascots, does that mean I'm going to go on an impressions thread and talk down about a game I have yet to play? No.

As for the reason we are on this thread, which are impressions of the game, I would like to talk about the Tour Challenges.

Does anyone know what the points are for after you beat them?

I assume it was to unlock certain items. Not sure.

For some reason, I'm enjoying constantly buying these things. Normally I don't like doing things like that, but changing my character's clothing is somewhat satisfying.

Doing a challenge with Paula Creamer right now. Its going well.

Thanks.

# 174 highheatkingsb @ 06/11/09 09:33 PM
LOL!!! First tournament out of the gate, I didn't build my golfer at all and went straight to Tour Pro difficulty. Finished a +19. Crazy, especially after going -2 the first round. Worst round of video game golf ever. I love it. This game rocks.

# 175 OnlookerDelay @ 06/11/09 10:12 PM
Quote:

Speaking of Boo Weekly PGA Tour Golf 10 I guess you quit watching the Ryder Cup in 2008, when Boo Weekly "rode his driver" then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_tMOE4-tKc

Yes, they've still left a little silliness in the game, but thankfully, they've given an option to turn most of that off now. I hit that "A" button as soon as it starts and it's gone.

# 176 JBHuskers @ 06/11/09 10:48 PM
For the first time, I'm actively participating in the live daily tourneys. Mainly because a tour pro mode is offered every day. I'm more of a fan of those even though this is the first year I've played mainly tour pro. On amateur you gotta shoot lights out just to cash.

# 177 NC State-31 UNC-27 @ 06/11/09 10:51 PM
thinking about picking it up, haven't played in a few years, can someone answer these questions? or try...

How many courses are there and how many are real?

Is it possible to hit pitch and run chip shots from a few yards off the green? Can you actually land the ball where you want with any accuracy? Do they all have to much loft on them and not enough roll?

Are there any camera options for when the ball is in the air?

In tour mode can you still spin the ball after you hit it?

thanks guys

# 178 JBHuskers @ 06/11/09 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
thinking about picking it up, haven't played in a few years, can someone answer these questions? or try...

How many courses are there and how many are real?

Is it possible to hit pitch and run chip shots from a few yards off the green? Can you actually land the ball where you want with any accuracy? Do they all have to much loft on them and not enough roll?

Are there any camera options for when the ball is in the air?

In tour mode can you still spin the ball after you hit it?

thanks guys
16 courses - all real & as of today Spyglass is available in the store for $7.50 (there is going to be a fantasy course out as DLC soon)

You should be able to pitch and run if you're pointing the club head down and have the aim of the green slope right. I don't do much with the chip as I do with the pitch though. I have more success lofting and sticking than chipping and running. But that is my personal preference.

There are a few different camera options. A new presentation cam and the old cam for sure....not sure if there are any other options haven't played around with it.

In tour mode you can spin the ball if you change the loft of your club (right stick).

# 179 NC State-31 UNC-27 @ 06/11/09 10:58 PM
Thanks for the response. I looked on your blog and noticed the Wii has 10 more courses, that stinks for us. I think I saw the presentation cam too and I don't like that all too much. Wish there was an option to watch the ball from behind the golfer.

# 180 JBHuskers @ 06/11/09 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
Thanks for the response. I looked on your blog and noticed the Wii has 10 more courses, that stinks for us. I think I saw the presentation cam too and I don't like that all too much. Wish there was an option to watch the ball from behind the golfer.
Yeah if you play on amateur presentation cam is a pain because you have to hit X or A to initiate spin.

Yep Wii has more courses because they're not as of a high quality graphically, so more fit on a Wii disk.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.