Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Hey guys... so we are aware of the issue with no (or few) freshmen on some teams in TeamBuilder and yes the same issues are found on the NCAA 10 disc. Over the past few days, one of our top priorities has been investigating solutions.

The TeamBuilder teams require some data on the disc to set Depth Charts for every team created before they can be used in a game. For example if you use the Cupcake roster as a starting point, NCAA 10 will give you a default Depth Chart for the Cupcakes for your TeamBuilder team (which you can edit in game). This means any changes we make could cause some problems with teams already created using TeamBuilder. So we need to ensure we are taking to proper steps to correct the issues.

We understand the concerns with how this can affect Dynasty mode and Online Games, so we are working hard to have a solution in place before launch on July 14th.

-Russ

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 521 mjussawalla @ 06/17/09 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Maybe, maybe not. The fact that this was caught a month in advance makes me think that it's not out of the realm of possibility that they could have a patch ready to go on launch date.
Even if it is ready, they may wait a while to see if there are any other problems to be fixed. I think they only can do 1-2 patches per game.

# 522 Security Device @ 06/17/09 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
So I've been browsing through this thread for the first time today and from what I've gathered is that there is an issue with the rosters of all teams containing few, if any freshmen, however there might be a fix in place before the game is released? Nice.

So why is it that I can work a full-time job, spend time with my wife and son, take graduate classes, and still research video game rosters enough to edit and have them pretty accurate within a few month's time, while someone that actually works for EASports, and the job he's paid for is to get rosters accurate for the game, yet he can't get them right? This doesn't make sense.
I doubt it's as easy as everyone thinks. If it was, we wouldn't have this issue. Also, has it been "confirmed" that "Roster Guy" is only "Roster Guy"? Maybe he has other responsibilities too. Just sayin'

# 523 Security Device @ 06/17/09 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
Even if it is ready, they may wait a while to see if there are any other problems to be fixed. I think they only can do 1-2 patches per game.
I think you're right. Also, I believe the cost quite a bit to do too. I know, I know, EA has a gajillion-zillion-trillion dollars and that shouldn't matter. Well, when it comes to $$$$$$, it always matters.

# 524 sportzbro @ 06/17/09 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Security Device
I doubt it's as easy as everyone thinks. If it was, we wouldn't have this issue. Also, has it been "confirmed" that "Roster Guy" is only "Roster Guy"? Maybe he has other responsibilities too. Just sayin'
He probably helped design Season Showdown as well

# 525 Security Device @ 06/17/09 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
He probably helped design Season Showdown as well
Anyone ever think maybe Season Showdown isn't for the hardcore? Why is everyone here have a 1 track mind? We're not the only people that consider buying this game each July.

Again....Just sayin'

# 526 countryboy @ 06/17/09 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Jeremy Strauser just tweeted (StrauserTrout) that a roster fix is in the works along with a patch to disallow DLC advantages for online dynasty.

http://twitter.com/StrauserTrout
very encouraging news.

# 527 SHO @ 06/17/09 05:49 PM
Encouraging.

# 528 GigemAGGIES13 @ 06/17/09 05:54 PM
That roster guy is either laughing his way to the bank or had his self-esteem crushed by the outrage his ineptitude caused.

Those original roster guys deserve an apology and a job. I bet they're getting a kick out of this mess.

# 529 moylan1234 @ 06/17/09 06:03 PM
i wonder why the dev team bothered with these fixes? i mean after all as has been proven by all the geniusses on this boad we all know they don't care.

# 530 sportzbro @ 06/17/09 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
i wonder why the dev team bothered with these fixes? i mean after all as has been proven by all the geniusses on this boad we all know they don't care.
geniuses*

there ya go. and they are bothering with this because its a huge F-up and it could mean a bunch of angry customers & a huge decline in sales. not because they care.

# 531 shoked @ 06/17/09 06:09 PM
That's fine for some, but I still have yet to play a NextGen football game and NCAA is always my favorite, although I do play Madden as well. Now that I have a system and a nice HD TV, I'm going to enjoy it. Maybe that won't truly happen until a few weeks after July 14 when the rosters are updated or released by the community, but it will happen.

# 532 moylan1234 @ 06/17/09 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
geniuses*

there ya go. and they are bothering with this because its a huge F-up and it could mean a bunch of angry customers & a huge decline in sales. not because they care.
thanks for the correction. Oh i get it now when the Madden team fixes something the community complains about it's because they care, but when the NCAA team does the same they're just trying to cover their arse and stop a sales decline? sound logic. very sound logic

# 533 countryboy @ 06/17/09 06:14 PM
who cares why they are fixing it? Whether its because they care or to cover their butt, the end result is still the same for the user/gamer....a fixed roster set.

# 534 sportzbro @ 06/17/09 06:20 PM
Quote:
thanks for the correction. Oh i get it now when the Madden team fixes something the community complains about it's because they care, but when the NCAA team does the same they're just trying to cover their arse and stop a sales decline? sound logic. very sound logic
But they aren't having to fix things as basic as rosters..They're frying bigger fish.

# 535 Saber @ 06/17/09 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
who cares why they are fixing it? Whether its because they care or to cover their butt, the end result is still the same for the user/gamer....a fixed roster set.
The obvious next question is: How fixed is fixed? Are they just going to throw in some arbitrary freshmen, disregarding all the graduated players, and incorrect numbers? Seems a little late in the process to be doing a massive rosters edit like that...

# 536 hawkeyekid @ 06/17/09 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber
The obvious next question is: How fixed is fixed? Are they just going to throw in some arbitrary freshmen, disregarding all the graduated players, and incorrect numbers? Seems a little late in the process to be doing a massive rosters edit like that...
They "claim" they had 2 roster sets and the wrong one got loaded.

# 537 sportzbro @ 06/17/09 06:25 PM
Quote:
Exactly. I don't understand how they are planning to save this thing.

# 538 countryboy @ 06/17/09 06:27 PM
Quote:
that is true, as we won't know what "fixed" means until the new rosters are released, providing another set is indeed released to the community.

Given that Adam mentioned that the wrong roster file was uploaded into the game, I'm hoping that its a matter of just uploading the correct roster.

# 539 SHO @ 06/17/09 06:34 PM
Quote:
I know defending EA is your thing, but this is totally different. Madden fixes important things like pass rush and momentum, not botching simple things like rosters to begin with. Decent rosters should be a given for any sports game.

# 540 moylan1234 @ 06/17/09 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
I know defending EA is your thing, but this is totally different. Madden fixes important things like pass rush and momentum, not botching simple things like rosters to begin with. Decent rosters should be a given for any sports game.
actually it's not my thing. not sure where you get that just because i'm excited to play the game. bottom line is they are fixing things based on community feedback which to me says they care just as much as the Madden team.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.