NHL 10 News Post

Game: NHL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 28 - View All
NHL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Splitter77 @ 06/30/09 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
It has nothing to do with how good goalies are in the NHL. It's a matter of gameplay balance in the video version of the sport. For many of us, goalie skill is out of balance in relation to the rest of the gameplay. I can easily skate up the ice, for example. I can walk into the CPU's zone, every rush. I can skate around in circles and the CPU can't touch me. I can kill penalties by simply skating up and down the ice, and the CPU will never touch the puck. But I seldom score more than 1 goal a game -- the goalies play like Jacques Plante incarnate.

The gameplay is out of whack. Goalies need to play less like brick walls and CPU defenders need to check with some intensity.

exactly

# 42 savoie2006 @ 07/01/09 05:38 PM
Doesn't NHL 10 have plenty of Goalie sliders this year? That should have prevent the "god goalie" problem, except online, but that's OK. The better the AI goalies can stop the glitchers the better.

# 43 Ruffy @ 07/02/09 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
If you're patient on offense, look for screens and work the puck around the goals come easy enough in 09. Sure you can skate in all day long and one timer it or just fire it on net, much like real life its going to get stopped. I'd much rather it be that way and present a challenge then be able to score at will. I can easily see AI CPU goalies being more scorable on this year anyway with the elemination of the puck magnets and rolling down the backs anyway.
Exactly.

The game has sliders this year so you can adjust for your offline tastes. Me I love the goalies to be walls forcing me to pound in rebounds and capitalize on 2 on 1s or maybe even a rare breakaway chance.

# 44 BigH2k6 @ 07/02/09 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy
Exactly.

The game has sliders this year so you can adjust for your offline tastes.
Lets hope they work properly

# 45 Flyermania @ 07/02/09 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigH2k6
Lets hope they work properly
I felt they had much more of a noticable impact than the sliders in NHL 09.

# 46 RaychelSnr @ 07/02/09 02:32 PM
Ha...I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who gets peeved at sliders which either don't work or barely work.

Video is nice, the guys working on NHL 10 seem to have it together too, so I'm hoping/expecting this year to be another good year for video game hockey.

# 47 akula @ 07/02/09 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Doesn't NHL 10 have plenty of Goalie sliders this year? That should have prevent the "god goalie" problem, except online, but that's OK. The better the AI goalies can stop the glitchers the better.
see, the goalies don't have to be "god goalies" to be able to stop glitchers! they just need to have human-like behaviour ie: learn and adapt to glitchers shots, yet still able to be beaten.

# 48 BigH2k6 @ 07/03/09 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
That is great Flyer. Not that I doubt what you are saying, but I still remain a little unconvinced given the statement last year that passes were not going to be tape to tape and how passing actually was in NHL09 (tape to tape all the time)

Seeing is beleiving

# 49 Flyermania @ 07/03/09 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigH2k6
That is great Flyer. Not that I doubt what you are saying, but I still remain a little unconvinced given the statement last year that passes were not going to be tape to tape and how passing actually was in NHL09 (tape to tape all the time)

Seeing is beleiving
I can understand and relate to your hesitation...I felt the same way with NHL 09's passing. But the inclusion of separate human and CPU sliders in NHL 10 really adds a whole new level of customization to the gameplay.

# 50 Vikes1 @ 07/05/09 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
Great news FM.

Having more sliders, that actually work is a great combination.

Nothing is more frustrating than either not being given the ability to adjust things to our liking...or the sliders are there, but do little to nothing. Again...great news.

# 51 savoie2006 @ 08/08/09 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaowns2k
are you 2K this is 50000000 times better than 2K th pads dont look too big or too small
Yes goalies are definately 2K's achillies at this point.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.