Madden 2010 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Bgamer90 @ 07/10/09 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax696
It's not ignorance, fellas, it's frustration. I don't want Ian Cummings to change the past, I want him to change what we're getting now, because that's what he has the power to change. You're probably very satisfied with where this game is at, and I'm not.

This team of designers spent a lot of time putting in new ideas, and new cutscenes, and new cameras...and there's still one (at least I think) very key feature that's missing.

I understand you can't get everything, but broadcast NFL is where it's at for me, and when you market to me and hammer home telling me that this year is all about broadcast and I find out that it means everything BUT a broadcast angle...I mean come on...I'm getting let down year after year here, man.

I guess I'm the only one.
I's in the game it's just that in it's current form there's a lot of bugs and issues with it which is why a person can't choose it in the game.

Again, you can't blame Ian for this since he isn't the reason why it was hard to implement it into the game and that's all I'm saying.

Me personally, I could never play with that view but for people that really want it, I understand the frustration since it something that hasn't been in for a pretty long time while other sports games have it.

# 42 roadman @ 07/10/09 10:55 PM
Quote:
It's not ignorance, fellas, it's frustration. I don't want Ian Cummings to change the past, I want him to change what we're getting now, because that's what he has the power to change. You're probably very satisfied with where this game is at, and I'm not.

This team of designers spent a lot of time putting in new ideas, and new cutscenes, and new cameras...and there's still one (at least I think) very key feature that's missing.

I understand you can't get everything, but broadcast NFL is where it's at for me, and when you market to me and hammer home telling me that this year is all about broadcast and I find out that it means everything BUT a broadcast angle...I mean come on...I'm getting let down year after year here, man.

I guess I'm the only one.
Well, you should look at post #47 in this thread, click on the link and see the first post in that link.

It's already in the game, but it was shut off because of bad bugs. They will try to patch the broadcast view at a later date.

# 43 blklightning @ 07/10/09 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul2zion

Btw, Debbies? I'm new here.
debbie downers.

# 44 BrKrMaTa @ 07/10/09 11:23 PM
Great leap in presentation. Grade A

# 45 Jamin23 @ 07/10/09 11:24 PM
I hope that every ea game this year, including ncaa basketball, nba live and nhl takes the cut scenes/presentation to the same level that madden did. This game is going to be amazing and can't wait to see what the other ea sports titles have up their sleeves. Only 35 more days and I can't wait.

# 46 blklightning @ 07/10/09 11:27 PM
btw, all that stuff looked great. i just hope they seamlessly integrated it into the game. would be a shame if it all had a "tacked-on" feeling to it.

# 47 Ian_Cummings @ 07/10/09 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
I hope that every ea game this year, including ncaa basketball, nba live and nhl takes the cut scenes/presentation to the same level that madden did. This game is going to be amazing and can't wait to see what the other ea sports titles have up their sleeves. Only 35 more days and I can't wait.
That's what I wanted to hear! Especially because this stuff is what I was referring to in this thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2039554527

I had to bite my lip back then as our very own jdr4693 even doubted me! (though he still does anyway but maybe a little less so)

# 48 Outkizast @ 07/10/09 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
That's what I wanted to hear! Especially because this stuff is what I was referring to in this thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2039554527

I had to bite my lip back then as our very own jdr4693 even doubted me! (though he still does anyway but maybe a little less so)
Is it just me or did the graphics and lighting look even better in this video than the other footage we have seen?? Maybe because it's HD... hm... I dont know...

But either way this video got me PUMPED for this game!!!

# 49 Perfect Zero @ 07/10/09 11:48 PM
It's about time all of this was in the game. Kuddos to Ian and crew. I hope that in time, y'all can see that you can never beat 2kX due to the way it played, but you can create a whole new football experience just being EA Sports Madden XX.

# 50 jdr4693 @ 07/10/09 11:52 PM
Quote:
Ha thats actually pretty funny looking back at it now. Also I'm praying for NHL team to follow up on presentation like this.

# 51 TrapStar215 @ 07/11/09 12:11 AM
I'm really digging the player interviews on the field!

# 52 SageInfinite @ 07/11/09 12:17 AM
Definitely a really nice step up in presentation. Post play cams still need work(See APF), but overall very nice job this year. I will expect more next year. Glad we have you at the helm Ian. You guys have definitely gave me a little faith in the Madden series.

# 53 jdr4693 @ 07/11/09 12:20 AM
Another cool thing EA could use from 2k is QB's and kickers throwing their helmets when they miss a big kick or have an INT.

# 54 SageInfinite @ 07/11/09 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
so basically the "Madden Guys" put in a copy of NFL 2K5 and took notes....
They need to take better notes then...some from APF too. j/p

# 55 SkinsBoYee @ 07/11/09 12:53 AM
Quote:
You said you sat and watched an AFC Championship game and took screenshots of that game...yet you didn't happen to notice you were watching the game from a BROADCAST ANGLE???

"Let's just emulate what broadcasts do..." - Ian Cummings

I don't get you guys, man. It's like you never quite get it. What's up with not having a broadcast angle in the game when it's all about broadcast. Maybe I just don't understand, but you guys are trying to redesign the freakin' wheel here, this is an aspect of the game that was there from the beginning of PS2, how in the world can you tell me out of all the things you sought to implement in this generation of football, you never got around to that. This game is incomplete, and I'm through paying for half-*** work.
Was going to post something similar but your taking it a bit far. I first half to say WOW. Hats off to Ian and the gang for going pretty much the distance and finally breathing some life into this franchise. The cut scenes and presentation have to be bar none some of the best looking work we have seen in a sport video game ever. I applaud you.

But I say pretty much the distance because let me get this straight. You guys sat down to watch for broadcast elements and you are going to make a game without a broadcast camera in the final build. I mean, does any one else find this incredible comical? I am mean seriously. That is some funny stuff there. You nail down all the little nuisances but the main and most important thing in making it look just like sunday...THE BROADCAST ANGLE is somehow missing due to bugs. I am mean seriously...that is funny.

To all that this camera really matters to, we all know "a patch" could be in the works to get this in the game, but there is absolutely no guarantee to that. Zero. What makes this video post so funny, with the no broadcast angle to gameplay...is that it kind of makes the video seem like one of those spoof movie like "Best in Show" or "Waiting for Guffman"...

But again, the advancements look great.

# 56 adembroski @ 07/11/09 12:58 AM
I'm a little lost on the broadcast camera... are you guys coach mode or CPU vs. CPU watchers? I can't imagine trying to play that way. That'd be terrible.

Hell, I can't imagine coach mode from that angle. How do you know what defenses your facing? And if you don't know what defenses you're facing, are you 'coaching', or calling random offensive plays and letting the CPU play it out? If so, what's the point?

The only place I want a broadcast cam is for the walk to the line and replays.

# 57 TreyIM2 @ 07/11/09 12:58 AM
Many of you guys really sound like clowns, whining and complaining still. This game is shaping up to be a HUGE leap over Madden 09 and looking GREAT overall yet people still talking that 2K5/APF2K8 non-sense as if those games WERE ABSOLUTELY PERFECT then nitpick Madden 10. Please growup, please...

# 58 SageInfinite @ 07/11/09 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I'm a little lost on the broadcast camera... are you guys coach mode or CPU vs. CPU watchers? I can't imagine trying to play that way. That'd be terrible.

Hell, I can't imagine coach mode from that angle. How do you know what defenses your facing? And if you don't know what defenses you're facing, are you 'coaching', or calling random offensive plays and letting the CPU play it out? If so, what's the point?

The only place I want a broadcast cam is for the walk to the line and replays.
I know it sounds crazy but I've actually seen guys on here claim they play from that angle.

# 59 Jamin23 @ 07/11/09 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
so basically the "Madden Guys" put in a copy of NFL 2K5 and took notes....
That's a good thing!!

# 60 Fresh Prince @ 07/11/09 01:08 AM
I can't ****ing wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.