Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

EA has posted another NBA Live 10 blog, this one featuring presentation.

Quote:
"With still a few months until the game ships, the NBA LIVE 10 team is starting to pick up the pace and sharing more with the community. Is it enough? Is it ever enough??? Like you, I want to hear it all! Well, from what I'm being told there is a lot of great stuff that LIVE fans should be excited about and all the producers are on board with sharing their hard work with all of you from now until the game ships. This week, Presentation Producer Matt Lafreniere shares his thoughts on some of the new ways the team has enhanced the look and sound of the game.

I was going to start this thing off by posting some screenshots of a couple other pre-game rituals we have in the game this year, as I know there’s some speculation as to what ones we have other than the Dwight shimmy and the LeBron and KG chalk-ups. But, instead I’ll be showing some of these in a presentation/visuals video sometime next week. What a weak way to start out a blog, huh?"

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 23 @ 08/02/09 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
when i learned my lesson about this was a few years ago...might have been between 2k5 and 2k6 i think and some guys were complaining about the net... I didn't post but i was like ahh come on man THE nets...please... Then they fixed them and I was like AHHhh yeah man they should have done this years ago...LOLOLoL it was hilarious. that's when i realized that all these things are connected.

hitting a J all net and having the net move just right increased my enjoyment of the gameplay even though i didn't notice it before on my own. Now I'm a gameplay net guy....LOlOL

@thmist

I guess we need sarcasm emotiocon

I believe that was 2k6 when the net moved like silk when you hit a jumper... it actually looked pretty good but wasnt so realistic. They fixed it in a patch

# 142 iminurbase @ 08/02/09 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
There is nothing wrong with "canned" cut scenes..i dont agree with the Live Team taking them completely out..just use them in the "correct" situations, timeouts,before tip off,etc...although im STOKED that they are evolving the presentation by going "realtime" with cutscenes,player celebrations,etc..

I understand the "flow" is important in bball...i suppose a football game can get by with "canned" cutscenes as there is more pauses in the game..bball is a pretty nonstop pace...so i understand opting for real time cutscene animations rather then "canned" cut scenes but i dont agree with completely taking them out...Live team just needs to use them in the correct spots.

Im really happy to see that sports games are taking a bigger approach to presentation ..finally, It was very weird seeing NFL2k5 being the only game for years after it launched with really the only real good presentation in a sports game...now days it seems dev's are finally seeing the "light" lol ...it makes playing the game so much more exciting..as simple as it may seem..it does wonders for a "sports" game.
There are still cut scenes for pre-game/timeouts, but all the in-game and post whistle stuff is AI driven.

# 143 ai2k2 @ 08/02/09 04:36 PM
^^That's the way it should be too.

# 144 BDM313 @ 08/02/09 05:56 PM
live is lookin good as far as detail.....still waiting on the core gameplay I think thats what would bring it all together..

# 145 Shakedowncapo @ 08/02/09 06:01 PM
PBZ, Carter hasn't been that ripped in 10 years. Funny how you grab a Picture of him while still in Toronto.

# 146 thmst30 @ 08/02/09 06:29 PM
Yea the player models are really good this year. Rashard Lewis looks damn near perfect IMO.

# 147 RayDog253 @ 08/02/09 06:37 PM
I like the muscle definition, makes it look more real IMO.

# 148 Shakedowncapo @ 08/02/09 09:47 PM
Oh, I can play this game!

OOOPS... Did I dooooo thatttt?

# 149 marcoyk @ 08/02/09 10:34 PM
Hahaha that use of Urkel was great.
The screenshots look really good. Nice to see Jameer looking jacked like he does in real life. I'm hyped.

# 150 Da-Man @ 08/02/09 10:35 PM
damn!.. i was complaining how some of the early photos didnt look right but that screenshot on the blog looks spot on. I think thats the best Kobe iv ever seen in a video game to date.

# 151 Da-Man @ 08/02/09 10:42 PM
After reading the blog it seems that live will be using some of the same broadcast elements that 2k9 had so im guessing that the gameplay will kinda mimic 2k9 minus the sliding and canned animations.

# 152 Shakedowncapo @ 08/02/09 10:43 PM
Answer me this..

Is Vince flexing in the EA photo?

# 153 Shakedowncapo @ 08/03/09 01:52 AM
Oh Ok.. So it's called "Flex mode" now.

I'll be sure to ask Mike about F L E X - M O D E

Thanks dude.

# 154 ai2k2 @ 08/03/09 01:56 AM
Never really realized the silly as a community WE gripe about... lmaoo... Muscle flexes???... smh... Do what it, it do guys. Keep it coming lol smh.

# 155 ai2k2 @ 08/03/09 01:57 AM
(Excuse the typo's, on the mobile version... No edit feature)

# 156 jdareal21 @ 08/03/09 02:23 AM
Graphically, I always felt Live had the capability to look light years better than 2K simply because it was completely rebuilt for the next gen systems just like Madden was.

If you guys remember, 2K6 was basically a port of the PS2 & Xbox game with updated player models, that they've been gradually improving graphically every year, whereas Live had astounding visuals from the start but the gameplay and animations were entirely broken.

This is also why, I suspect, that it took so long for Madden & Live to implement gameplay elements we were accustomed to previously. That being said, that gap is sure closing rapidly with how Madden seems to be this year, and I think Live isn't too far off either

# 157 youngfaze01 @ 08/03/09 02:35 AM
Guys, sometimes you gotta understand that this is a "video game" and everything and everyone is not going to be perfect. EA is trying their best to make everything similar to real life. It's easy to criticize the game and everything, but it's not easy for them to get everything you want it to be. Just let them do their jobs and stop being pessimistic. I wouldn't be surprised next year if EA acted like 2k and not share information until the last minute. Be appreciative for how the game is coming along.

# 158 TracerBullet @ 08/03/09 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Answer me this..

Is Vince flexing in the EA photo?
The only game I know that actually shows major changes the definitions in muscles depending on when they are flexing or not is Fight Night.

# 159 HOLLIDAY1183 @ 08/03/09 03:53 AM
This little tit-for-tat on whether VC is "flexing" or not has to be the lamest thing I've ever seen on a message board. Ever. Why waste programming time to render a "non-flexed" build when during 99.99% of gameplay you will be running, jumping, shooting, etc.... SMHx1,000,000

Anyway, looks great guys. Incredible actually. If the gameplay matches up, Live will be snatching that crown off 2K's head in 10, and I'll be buying both of these again (a la 2003 & 2005).

# 160 lindo9595 @ 08/03/09 11:42 AM
So when should we be getting the presentation/visuals videos? In the blog?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.