Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

IGN has posted their hands-on preview of NBA 2K10.

Quote:
"The NBA 2K series has been pummeling NBA Live into the ground over the last few years. There's no doubt that Live is looking stronger than it has in a long while this season, but NBA 2K is aiming to raise the bar even higher with NBA 2K10. I recently spent some time at Visual Concepts to get my hands on a preview build of the game. And yes, I beat both developers that I played – though they always go easy on us journos.

The first and probably most important new addition to the 2K formula is called NBA Today. It's both a small mode in the game and a feature that permeates just about every other game you'll play. From the main menu clicking on NBA Today will bring you to a list of real NBA games that are set to take place. For our purposes – and since the NBA season hasn't started yet – we were treated to a list of pre-season games. NBA Today not only keeps up with the current NBA schedule, but it also has an effect on things like franchise mode."

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 hoodkid205 @ 08/20/09 02:26 AM
lol if i remember correctly wasnt 2k9 supposed to be focusing on the defensive side of the ball? lol but i still play the hell out of it though

# 102 nogster @ 08/20/09 03:33 AM
no negotiations in my player?
wtf...thats a pretty big ommision from that mode.
its a huge part of being an nba player..
becoming a free agent and looking for the best deal etc..
i really hope things like trades are possible.
or else whats the point.

i was REALLY looking forward to this mode. now. ive got concerns.

about all the extra tendencies and 82games.com....man i hope its implemented well and within the context of 2ks gameplay...
because i dont want to spend hours adjusting tendencies/ratings this season. i dont have the time anymore.
this hopefully will be the 1st nba game where i can just use 2ks rosters. please

i really want to get a comprehensive "my player" breakdown.
i dont understand how they can ommit negotiations from the mode????
what depth does this mode have?
i hope its not just the nba league version of 24-7 .
that would be a BIG letdown and a wasted oppurtunity by 2k.

# 103 stizz @ 08/20/09 03:54 AM
I'm not liking the sound of using lock on d depleting your turbo bar. It's not that I dont like the idea, it's just that it's gonna force more people to play off ball d.

# 104 Greene_Flash03 @ 08/20/09 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stizz
I'm not liking the sound of using lock on d depleting your turbo bar. It's not that I dont like the idea, it's just that it's gonna force more people to play off ball d.
I'm with u on this one...hmmmm so no turbo meaning no hands on the side and defensive stance? so how are u gonna defend a guy? chase him or something?

# 105 Goffs @ 08/20/09 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stizz
i dunno ive been playing without the lock...i just find it more fun and challenging...im liking the idea that it depletes the turbo bar...though i understand the concern after reading how easy it is to do isomotion now...

still early though im sure theyre going to give the D some love....

# 106 Muzyk23 @ 08/20/09 06:46 AM
So..no word on spacing, rotations and players running to their spots on plays.

In-game saves is what I've been asking for for 2 years.

No need to be worried about the graphics but there are some doubts when it comes to framerate, because 2k9 had some serious issues with it.

# 107 DC @ 08/20/09 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon Squad
I agree with dude up there, Live is adding things that 2k had since 2k7, nothing about Live was better than 2k since forever. Live finally added something last year to give them 1 advantage (player DNA), and that still did not put them over the top, right. 2k is adding that this year, with a bunch of more extra things, the only thing 2k actually NEEDS to do is improve small things gameplay wise, feel me. How the hell will Live be better by adding things 2k has had for years, if 2k gets the player tendancies right, then Live cant compete in anything but graphics. Yall need to stop being pessimist, to me it looks like Live will be a big jump from last year and for the 1st time since 02 I may play Live, (seriously have not played the actual game since 02, only demo's) but just because they are getting better dont mean nothing, Live has a long way to go before they catch up in the most important thing, ANIMATIONS, until then all 2k needs to do is get a lil more realistic every year and im good.
Gotta stop making blind sided/false statements like this

# 108 Sinner @ 08/20/09 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
LOL Why do some of ya'll let 2K frustrate you when it's the same **** every year? Guess I can understand when one parent is spoiling you with no end and the other parent is making you be patient. But then again, that's how it is EVERY year lol.

Like DC said, ya'll better start keeping low expectations when it comes to info 2K is releasing and the TYPE of info they release lol.
Also co-sign with this, its dumbfounding for anyboddy that has been on these boards through at least two NBA2k game release to not know that this is what they do EVERY year. First screen is released and people say it looks like the previous year, Live gets out a lot of info and then its oh Live is looking so good, im getting that. Then a little info comes out for 2k, most many aren't happy with it and from that little info we see the "well it looks like im definately getting Live this year". Then a little more info comes out and more people are talking about 2k is going to kill Live. There are still quite a few who read a preview or what Ron or someone from 2k has posted about info for the game and take off running with anything negative about the game or totally misunderstand something and assume somethings not getting change or going to be changed. Like the preview said there are no agents for negotiating contracts, people ran with it mad thinking you have to stay with one team for your whole career...I've seen some people say that the way 2k gets info out is getting old, well I say the way some of you react to the way they get info out is whats getting old. NBA2k10 is really looking good for me, can't wait.

# 109 BroMontana82 @ 08/20/09 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
That was an underwhelming article. 2K should be showing off defensive improvements rather than ways to make it easier to score.
agreed. people have wanted better D so it would be nice to hear some improvements on that side of the ball. maybe they're just waiting though and saving the best for last...

# 110 Epiffani @ 08/20/09 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabrillo24
"Superstar" mode to me feels rushed, but could lay a decent foundation for future iterations of it.

The one thing that makes me really say "wow" are the in game saves. Everything else I'll have to judge when the demo comes out.

As for the graphics, 2K has either used artist renditions and/or photoshop edited all their screen shots. When you get to play the actual game the graphics are nothing like in the screen shots.

Now before anyone says I have a cheap TV, I have a SAMSUNG (UN55B7100) 55" 1080p LED HDTV combined with an Onkyo 876 home theater receiver with matching 7.1 speaker set and everything was professionally calibrated. Not bragging, rather I'm stating that I have a very optimal setup to judge the graphics on last years game and the year prior. Even though these screen shots are nice, last years screen shots were nice as well.
Lol..... Really what can I say other than that some HD's are better than others, and run games better than others because in my experience in seeing this game in HD (as well as other games), its has the exact opposite effect of what you're saying. When NBA 2K screens are posted on an website, no matter if their WIP, or in high res, those screens never do the game proper justice when it comes to the quality graphics (that includes everything from the lighting, all the way to the details of drips of sweat.) Now I know 2k put up an CGI-like trailer of Garnett last year, but if you're talking about typical screens that are posted on a gaming website, I couldn't disagree with you more.

High res screen

HD Screen

I know its popular here to critique every detail about a game, no matter how minuscule it may be, or no matter if the screen is far from complete, but people need to understand that the graphics in NBA 2K could stack up against any sports game ever created (favorably); honestly, when it comes to issues with NBA 2K, graphics should be an after thought. The game (NBA 2K9) looks amazing if you're playing on the right set.

# 111 navyboy09 @ 08/20/09 11:23 AM
I like 2k and live but i do feel 2k9 was a step down from 2k8 and live 09 was a step up from live 08. I hope both games are nice this year so i can have two great games and live is looking promising while what i just read about 2k is letting me down.

The main thing that let me down was when he stated there was no defensive help when he played the game and the fact that they had to dumb down the controls. sounds like its gonna be another dunkfest.

The other thing that bothered me was when he stated they had to take to take some things out to keep the framerate good. That really bothers me b/c if 2k10 adds all the animations that they want to put in and it slows the game down im gonna be very ill.

I hope that 2k is implementing foot planting this year b/c imo there was way too much sliding going on in 2k9 and i want to know if that will be fixed.

# 112 Goffs @ 08/20/09 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool2fool
That's not you playing the actual game smarty! That's going to replay mode..... The actual graphic is only 10% of that hahaha. I hate how console version couldn't achieve the same higher poly model of like the PC version during gameplay.
You're HD screen is ugly btw! Sure it may look good at 1st sigh but ur losing little detail because of ur brightness level setting being too low, contrast too high... are u saying the darker the image, the more HD it is?
Clearly the PC is the superior product...so i have no problems with the graphics

# 113 23 @ 08/20/09 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
Yes sir that is an awesome feature right there!

In game saves for the win!

# 114 Epiffani @ 08/20/09 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool2fool
That's not you playing the actual game smarty! That's going to replay mode..... The actual graphic is only 10% of that hahaha. I hate how console version couldn't achieve the same higher poly model of like the PC version during gameplay.
You're HD screen is ugly btw! Sure it may look good at 1st sigh but ur losing little detail because of ur brightness level setting being too low, contrast too high... are u saying the darker the image, the more HD it is?
Is this guy serious? So the guy (amongst others) were discussing still shots that websites post (incomplete at that, and more than likely taken in replay mode), and how they look touched up when compared to the retail game, I post a random picture (from replay mode) to show the distinguishable, and stark contrast in detail when comparing the two, and you're upset because the picture that I posted is in replay mode? It's almost as if you think it's two entirely different games. Replay mode is there when you want to get a closer look at the details that you wouldn't have otherwise notice when you're going through the motions of a game. Name me one sports game on this gen of consoles, that doesn't look better when you zoom in to get a closer look? And you're stating the obvious if your beef is that a PC version of the game looks better (PC's have always been capable of more, and has always been more powerful than consoles if the game itself can handle certain requirements.) This post is quite comical, I don't know rather you're being serious, or just joking around.

# 115 Goffs @ 08/20/09 12:08 PM
hes serious...just look at his post history...calling people clowns for getting "fooled" at the pics lol

# 116 Epiffani @ 08/20/09 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
hes serious...just look at his post history...calling people clowns for getting "fooled" at the pics lol
I just looked through the first couple of pages in this thread, and saw his posts about replay mode graphics v.s in game graphics. Damn, you're right; this dude is dead serious about this. In my time here, I've seen people gripe about some "funny" things, but this takes the cake right here for me .

# 117 23 @ 08/20/09 12:20 PM
Some of you guys are talking like this is NBA Jam2k10

come on now its just a preview screen

# 118 eDotd @ 08/20/09 01:15 PM
Smh

# 119 DC @ 08/20/09 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentousCeltic
Smh
What do you mean SMH. All of this is your fault

# 120 crazybandit2000 @ 08/20/09 01:30 PM
never seen this much hate on a "hands on preview" of an early build of a game.. if you wont buy because of this to each its own.. both games 'sound' like theyre going in the right direction... live of course has some catching up to do, so of course there will be more information coming from them

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.