Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Basketball is just around the corner and EA timed it up perfectly, by sending us an early copy of the NBA Live 10 demo on the Xbox 360, which features the Orlando Magic @ the L.A. Lakers, played in an "NBA Finals atmosphere". You can only play the first half, in the demo, which is two, 4 minute quarters. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to take screenshots or video from the game. Hoping to have beta code by mid-September, so keep your eyes open.

Read More - NBA Live 10 Demo Hands-On Preview

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 aholbert32 @ 08/21/09 10:12 AM
I love this:

"On the offensive side of the ball, wow. The Lakers have 392 plays to choose from and a lot of those plays have variations. You can choose plays from the post, perimeter, isolation, pick and roll, screener, post up and off ball screen."

I dont like hearing about the hustle plays happening too much. I was worried that would happen.

# 2 RayAllen20 @ 08/21/09 10:17 AM
Thats probably just for the demo I gotta feeling you can play minigames in the hangar in the actual game.

But anyways this game looks tiight. Love the little things, the amount of plays, coaching on the fly options, euro step, and not a dunkfest anymore!!!

Cant wait for the demo to drop.

# 3 SageInfinite @ 08/21/09 10:17 AM
Wow this game sounds pretty solid, and this is just the demo. Thanx Steve! The game is sounding like a pretty big leap from 09, which is all I need

# 4 Da_Czar @ 08/21/09 10:19 AM
Great read Thanks Big Steve !!! Sounds good !

# 5 Mostarac @ 08/21/09 10:20 AM
really encouraging read, it got me even more excited for this game...

# 6 kunqlao @ 08/21/09 10:24 AM
Cool can't wait for this game.

# 7 Ki.Manz @ 08/21/09 10:30 AM
steve u know the different shots did they go in differently (hit the rim in the way in, bounce in) or were they all swishes

# 8 Prince James @ 08/21/09 10:37 AM
all of it sounds great except i dont like rashard's rating, if gasol is 87 then rashard should be no better than 80

# 9 bball_1523 @ 08/21/09 10:44 AM
392 plays? Wow this is awesome!

# 10 theanswer34 @ 08/21/09 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bball_1523
392 plays? Wow this is awesome!
That stood out the most to me to, I loved 09 playbook I wonna see how they expanded on it.

# 11 Pared @ 08/21/09 10:47 AM
Sounds great! Love this:

The mid-range game? It's MONEY! You feel rewarded seeing Lewis pop out on a screen and bury the mid-range, not just me as the user, but the AI will burn you too. They will actually use it and make you pay. There are a few times where I see the AI over passing the ball, but for the most part, if they work for that open jumper, it's wet.

But hate this:

Hustle plays are cool, but there are times when the hustle kicks in and it's not needed. For example, Kobe would have had an easy breakaway dunk, but instead he dove for the ball (Seen it about 4 times)

# 12 HeavenlyTouch @ 08/21/09 10:49 AM
How is Rashard rated 85 but Vince only rated 83? averages more points and assists.

I highly doubt many people would say Rashard is a better player than Vince.

# 13 AlexBrady @ 08/21/09 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyTouch
How is Rashard rated 85 but Vince only rated 83? averages more points and assists.
Because Rashard gives better effort on the defensive side of the ball, doesn't choke away playoff games like Carter does, and he can sometimes be a useful post up man.

# 14 lv2bll @ 08/21/09 10:59 AM
2k fan but i think ima buy both games this year cause they're both gonna be great games this year imo(8.5+)

# 15 yungflo @ 08/21/09 10:59 AM
Quote:
Hustle plays are cool, but there are times when the hustle kicks in and it's not needed. For example, Kobe would have had an easy breakaway dunk, but instead he dove for the ball (Seen it about 4 times)
just like 2k lol.

# 16 HeavenlyTouch @ 08/21/09 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
Because Rashard gives better effort on the defensive side of the ball, doesn't choke away playoff games like Carter does, and he can sometimes be a useful post up man.
Choke in the playoffs?

Vince plays incredible in the playoffs, why don't you go check out his playoff averages? http://www.nba.com/playerfile/vince_...eer_stats.html he averaged 27+ for 4 years straight.

Rashard wasn't known for anything before playing next to Dwight Howard, let's not forget that. He was an 18 PPG scorer on a bad Sonics team, and he's an 18 PPG scorer on a great Orlando team, Rashard hasn't changed as a player. Vince averages 1 steal per game btw, as does Rashard. There is not much evidence to state Rashard is a much superior defender to Vince; they are both average.

Vince can beat any SG off the dribble and he's an incredible shooter, he's a much better offensive option than Lewis. Lewis can post up and it doesn't even translate into higher assist numbers, go figure? He chucks 3's and he converts them at a high rate, Vince is much more well rounded.

# 17 Peninc @ 08/21/09 11:06 AM
I hope they fix the hustle plays as well as the other issues because this is sounding like an entirely different game from last year. Shows EA put alot of work in. Cant wait to see some gameplay vids steve

# 18 the croz 1027 @ 08/21/09 11:08 AM
overall player ratings mean nothing in Live as they are comprised of dozens of ratings that are equally weighted. Additionally you can't compare different positions and 83 SG is not same as 83 PF. Don't worry about the ratings.

# 19 poster @ 08/21/09 11:08 AM
Good write up Steve, thanks for the info!

# 20 RayDog253 @ 08/21/09 11:10 AM
Wow.....I can't wait, the new controls, the new animations and all the little things. It's going to be crazy fun this year, and this is all from a demo.

« Previous123456789Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.