Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

2K Sports have posted another NBA Developer Insights. This one focuses on NBA 2K10 audio.

Quote:
"Custom arena music is in:
I know a lot of you have been asking us for this and NBA 2K10 delivers. For the first time, you can import your personal music and have it played through the PA system on your XBOX 360 . I haven’t been able to touch on every new audio feature that we have in store for you. Hopefully, you’re as excited about the new features as we are here at 2K. We’re working hard to break some new ground in sports game audio, but I think we’re just starting to scratch the surface of what’s possible. Enjoy!"

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Greene_Flash03 @ 09/03/09 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malky
During breaks in the action, Kevin and Clark will go Around the League and provide scoring updates from the NBA

FINALLY! Scores from around the league while playing your game. This is setting up to be the NFL2K5 of basketball, keeping my fingers crossed.
Would be nice if they could incorporate video highlights with scoring updates..

# 62 STLRams @ 09/03/09 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
Would be nice if they could incorporate video highlights with scoring updates..

Yes video highlights from around the league is what I've been waiting to see in a basketball game for years. The only game that did this was NBA Live 95 or NBA showdown, can't remember which one, it was basic but nice. NFL2K5 was great with this, its time for the devs to put this in NBA2K10.

# 63 HOLLIDAY1183 @ 09/03/09 11:54 PM
This is awesome to me personally... I'm going to prob go all out and chop up parts of songs for just about everything they allow custom music for (I have an MP3 collection of old playoff/Finals music, NBA/ESPN stuff etc on CD's) like I did with NFL2K5... and I'm wondering what the official reason is to not include this feature on PS3. I trust that there must be some legit reason around it, because guys, of course they knew it wouldn't be popular to leave out of the PS3 version. I'm interested to know the factual reason why, from 2K.

# 64 B-Wills @ 09/04/09 12:01 AM
Wow, It seems like everything I've wanted in this game is in this year, this game will be freaking sick.

# 65 VDusen04 @ 09/04/09 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Yes video highlights from around the league is what I've been waiting to see in a basketball game for years. The only game that did this was NBA Live 95 or NBA showdown, can't remember which one, it was basic but nice. NFL2K5 was great with this, its time for the devs to put this in NBA2K10.
I actually feel like that may have been one of the "Vs." games (Bulls vs. Blazers perhaps?). That was so gnarly.

I'm surprised at all the great information coming from the audio write up. I was not expecting much. I was satisfied before I even noticed custom music would be included as well. I'm not sure to what extent I'll use it, but it'll surely be great to have alongside all the other sweet sounding additions and tweaks.

# 66 B-Wills @ 09/04/09 12:13 AM
"In all, we’ve added over twenty-thousand new lines of dialogue this year in support of our new commentary systems. Kevin and Clark were fantastic as always, providing valuable insight and helping to bring these new systems to life. The dialogue in NBA 2K10 is a major step toward delivering natural broadcast commentary."

"During breaks in the action, Kevin and Clark will go Around the League and provide scoring updates from the NBA, discuss leaders for all the major stats, update you on conference standings, including playoff seeding and game implications, and deliver single game promotions of upcoming NBA games, including the All-Star game. "

sick

# 67 TreyIM2 @ 09/04/09 01:42 AM
For me, even as a PS3 owner, I could care less about custom music, whether or not Kevin and Clark tell me about real time NBA stuff IF I'm in my franchise (they should be talking about goings on around the league IN MY FRANCHISE during those times) or if they have 4 million lines of dialogue or, even, if they mo capped EVERYBODY in the world for a googamillion animations - WHUSSUP WITH THE GAMEPLAY??

I've read everything written on 2K10 and sounds like minor things were tweaked, which is OK IF they didn't have Live 10 to compete with which is sounding beyond sick, right now. I even downloaded the Combine demo that was released today on PSN (THANK GOD I didn't have to pay $5, like I was originally going to, to play that crap) - WTF?? I have to admit that it REALLY doesn't make me look forward to this game after initially feeling a bit pumped about 2K10. What's going on in LIve 10 is really starting to sound like gameplay that is waaay ahead of 2K, now.

Bottom line is that this all doesn't matter if 2K isn't really coming with it, gameplay wise. Once again, it's sounding like a hollowed, chocolate Easter bunny.

If anyone from 2K is reading these posts - You got my dough the last two years but I think you won't be, this time around. Minor tweaks and a TON of window dressing seems to be the name of your game. I hope you can prove me wrong but by the sounds of it, I really don't think so.

# 68 portlandblazer @ 09/04/09 01:49 AM
sucks for ps3 users but im glad "next gen" is finally catching up with last gen . custom arena music is a great feature which i never got to experience since i was a ps2 user before. bout time! id like to see more things brought back from previous versions that have been removed.

anyway, we will have to start a thread where people post which songs are played in their citys arena so we can ultimately come to a perfect nba arena mixtape download with a corresponding document so we can individually implement the songs properly on our 360.

# 69 akiracy @ 09/04/09 01:50 AM

# 70 ctu130 @ 09/04/09 02:09 AM
I thought the PS3 version was just a port of the 360 one, so why would 2k take it out? I thought it could have been what PS3 can and can't do but I dunno since I dont have a PS3. To be honest, I don't think I would change the arena's music anyway, it doesn't really bother me too much..

# 71 seanbarkley @ 09/04/09 02:28 AM
Quote:
The Game: “I've been a beast at NBA 2K for years, I was #1 on the PS3 leaderboards..."
maybe it's time for The Game to raise his voice and ask 2k developers why the f**k he cannot listen his own songs while playin the game...

and the funniest thing is that i'll have to listen kanye sayin again and again that it's amazing... yes it is!!

# 72 Hotobu @ 09/04/09 03:52 AM
I wonder how many separate "occasions" we will be able to substitute custom soundtracks into, how many variations each can have, and whether or not this will work online (clearly we wont be hearing the other guy's music).

# 73 mot5082 @ 09/04/09 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotobu
I wonder how many separate "occasions" we will be able to substitute custom soundtracks into, how many variations each can have, and whether or not this will work online (clearly we wont be hearing the other guy's music).
It would be cool if we had a league and you actually had to hear the other guys songs. But it should be an OS league therefore the songs would be what the real teams would play at those specific times. That would be......AMAZING. All 2K will need for 2K11 is a starting lineup intro.

# 74 Goffs @ 09/04/09 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandblazer
anyway, we will have to start a thread where people post which songs are played in their citys arena so we can ultimately come to a perfect nba arena mixtape download with a corresponding document so we can individually implement the songs properly on our 360.
We dont even know if its stadium specific..im guessing its mostly situational like NFL2k5 but then again..

Quote:
I haven’t been able to touch on every new audio feature that we have in store for you. Hopefully, you’re as excited about the new features as we are here at 2K.
there might be more to it...

# 75 shindiana @ 09/04/09 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akiracy

I hate my PS3 :'(
Seriously this with a 96' roster... that's just plain sick.

# 76 Facts @ 09/04/09 07:01 AM
For you naysayers that are making the excuse that custom sounds can't be done on the PS3. NCAA Football 09 & 10 had the feature both on the 360 and the PS3. It's possible

# 77 Eddie1967 @ 09/04/09 08:16 AM
WOW, dynamic crowds, better play by play. VC is doing a wonderful job with this game. 2k10 sounds like it will be a huge upgrade in every way. I'm all about presentation so this is music to my ears.

# 78 kenzil @ 09/04/09 08:31 AM
I have ps3 and I am a little disappointed that you MAY not be able to have your own music in the game BUT...This article was great news! I am really looking forward to this game.

# 79 portlandblazer @ 09/04/09 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
We dont even know if its stadium specific..im guessing its mostly situational like NFL2k5 but then again..

good point, but im such a sim head that i would go through the trouble of setting up custom arena sounds for each time i played a quick match.

# 80 aholbert32 @ 09/04/09 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie

2k5 was stadium/team specific and situational. More likely then not its just adding songs to the rotation of songs that plays in the background. Especially since there are less situation specific songs played in the NBA. I can only think of two for the Wizards. They play Mystikal every time Caron makes a jumper and Tony Yayo every time Deshawn makes a jumper.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.