Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out the Madden NFL 10 blog, which talks about the preliminary details of the 2nd title update.

Quote:
"In this second title update we focused on some of the more debated topics from our loyal and passionate fan base. We appreciate all the feedback so please keep it coming! In this update you will be happy to hear that we have tuned our Flat Zone assignments to cover the flats more effectively. Defenders will not chuck a WR if another receiver is running a route towards their zone. This will help the defender be in better position to react to a quickly throw flat route and allow him to make a play. The flat zone defenders will also play the ball better if a pass is thrown behind the line of scrimmage as well as taking better pursuit angles after the catch to prevent the ball carrier from being able to get around the corner. This has been one of the top complaints that we have heard about and realized it was definitely something that we needed to address."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 501 HolyCrap @ 11/20/09 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H1DR03L3KTRIC
Roughly 3,000,000 copies sold, sixty dollars a pop $180,000,000 x.01% = 1.8 million dollars. In this economic climate that should be enough for a patch.
apparently not..i dont think people at EA sports really watch that much football...people would be happy with APF football with updated graphics and real teams that would be an improvement

# 502 CFTejada @ 11/20/09 07:23 PM
Heard the new patch caused OTHER ISSUES? Can someone state if this is true?

# 503 mems1224 @ 11/20/09 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
I think way too many of you are drama queens. For the record, Ian tweeted, as of last week, that the patches are OFFICIALLY with Sony and MS and he also said that this new patch caused more issues. If you don't believe me, find Ian's tweet. Take it down a thousand notches, ok, people? It will be out soon.
wait....so they broke their game even more?? how is this even possible?? have these guys ever designed a game in their life? or watched football for that matter???

so basically the new patch screws everything up and thats the last one we're getting? cause they said only 2 were gonna get released.

# 504 tarantism @ 11/20/09 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mems1224
wait....so they broke their game even more?? how is this even possible?? have these guys ever designed a game in their life? or watched football for that matter???

so basically the new patch screws everything up and thats the last one we're getting? cause they said only 2 were gonna get released.
Lol. I am pretty sure that he was saying that the patch was ready before but they recalled it because there were other problems created.

# 505 BlueNGold @ 11/20/09 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mems1224

Let me flip your question on you. Have you ever designed a game in your life? If the answer is no then who are you to ask that question in that way?

I love how people keep asking "have these guys ever watched football in their life?" like when you watch football you can just copy and paste what you see on TV/in a stadium onto a video game so easily.

And just to let you know, the patch is taking longer than usual so that it doesn't screw things up. You read that post wrong.

# 506 tarantism @ 11/20/09 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
And just to let you know, the patch is taking longer than usual so that it doesn't screw things up. You read that post wrong.
Covered that.

# 507 matt8204 @ 11/20/09 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Let me flip your question on you. Have you ever designed a game in your life? If the answer is no then who are you to ask that question in that way?

I love how people keep asking "have these guys ever watched football in their life?" like when you watch football you can just copy and paste what you see on TV/in a stadium onto a video game so easily.

Here's the difference; we're not professionals, they are. I'm not saying it's easy, but these guys should be able to do these things with at least a modicum of competence. If I don't do my job properly, guess what? I'm fired.

# 508 CMH @ 11/20/09 10:56 PM
That's it. Enough with the off-topic chatter. Keep this thread on the patch.

If another person decides to jump into EA's business practices or tries to cleverly insult the intelligence or ability of EA's developers, I will close this thread.

# 509 H1DR03L3KTRIC @ 11/20/09 11:45 PM
I can't wait for the patch, when it comes out I am going to start a new

franchise with 32 user controlled team's. It is almost like Christmas except you don't know what day Santa is going to bring the presents.

# 510 sportskid84 @ 11/21/09 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H1DR03L3KTRIC
I can't wait for the patch, when it comes out I am going to start a new

franchise with 32 user controlled team's. It is almost like Christmas except you don't know what day Santa is going to bring the presents.
I can't wait until patch comes out so I can start a rebuilding franchise with the Rams

# 511 homeycool @ 11/21/09 04:36 AM
Is the concensus now that we are expecting the patch next week, probably tues-thurs 'ish?

# 512 ForeverYoung @ 11/21/09 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
I think way too many of you are drama queens. For the record, Ian tweeted, as of last week, that the patches are OFFICIALLY with Sony and MS and he also said that this new patch caused more issues. If you don't believe me, find Ian's tweet. Take it down a thousand notches, ok, people? It will be out soon.
Just a reminder what Ian actually tweeted:

"I have been informed that the 2nd Madden 10 title update is officially in final 3rd party approvals. (i know...finally!)
4:08 PM Nov 17th from Echofon "

"I also have no clue when it will actually be released...sorry.
4:09 PM Nov 17th from Echofon"

and

"All the details about what is in the 2nd title update should be released soon. Folks are working on the list and the blog.
4:17 PM Nov 17th from Echofon"

So before people start claiming that Ian said or even promised that the patch will be released soon (which happened already end of October because people interpreted a comment by Ian in a wrong way), let's summarize:
- Ian did not mention MS & Sony, he said '3rd party'
- he does not know when the 2nd 'title update' will be released
- he gave us no exact time when the list of fixes will be available

# 513 RumbleCard @ 11/21/09 11:32 AM
Just to clear some stuff up. "3rd party" has and always will mean Sony/MS. There is no question that the patch is in their hands. Thats why he doesn't know when it will be released. How long it takes for them to release it is yet to be seen. Typically it takes a week 5-7 days. I've seen it done in as little as 2 and as long as two weeks.

# 514 ForeverYoung @ 11/21/09 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
Just to clear some stuff up. "3rd party" has and always will mean Sony/MS. There is no question that the patch is in their hands. Thats why he doesn't know when it will be released. How long it takes for them to release it is yet to be seen. Typically it takes a week 5-7 days. I've seen it done in as little as 2 and as long as two weeks.
In the console world 'first party' means the manufacturer of the respective hardware platform.
3rd party means the independent game development studios/distributors.

E.g. 2K has exclusive 3rd party rights for MLB games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_developer

# 515 RyanMoody21 @ 11/21/09 11:46 AM
Just a rough timeline on this, on 9/8 we got the video's from Ian about patch #1.

Ian posted this on 9/9 "Just to clarify - the first title update was finalized quite a while ago (I think the week before the game shipped?)."

We didnt get the first patch till around 9/24. I could have swore we were told it was held up along the way.

The video and post defiantly shows Ian didn't want to talk about things before he knows they are in the game. It also shows the testing by MS and Sony took alteast 2 weeks. Per Ian the patch was sent for cert before the game was released, so that would have it taking over a month, but again, we got told it was held up.

We also got told this isnt something that can be "rushed". The holidays should be impacting the certification this time around. Unless we got lied to about the first patch, I dont see how it can be out before Mid December.

This also should rule out any third patch (like NCAA had) becuase again, on this same time line patch 3 would be out no sooner than 7 months before M11.

# 516 SmashMan @ 11/21/09 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverYoung
In the console world 'first party' means the manufacturer of the respective hardware platform.
3rd party means the independent game development studios/distributors.

E.g. 2K has exclusive 3rd party rights for MLB games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_developer
To EA, Sony and Microsoft are the third parties. For them, first party would be their own internal testing.

# 517 crob8822 @ 11/21/09 12:54 PM
I am glad to hear that the patch will be released soon, but for me I have moved on to basketball, It just took too long for the release of the patch and now my attention has moved forward.
I have learned a lesson this year, I will no longer buy madden at launch, Os is a great source for obtaining information about game statis.

# 518 RumbleCard @ 11/21/09 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
To EA, Sony and Microsoft are the third parties. For them, first party would be their own internal testing.
Exactly. His statement is correct but from the wrong original perspective.

# 519 sportskid84 @ 11/21/09 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crob8822
I am glad to hear that the patch will be released soon, but for me I have moved on to basketball, It just took too long for the release of the patch and now my attention has moved forward.
I have learned a lesson this year, I will no longer buy madden at launch, Os is a great source for obtaining information about game statis.
yeah I have been playing Nba live alot lately I haven't touched Madden in weeks

# 520 Sausage @ 11/22/09 01:41 AM
I have not been able to stop playing it since release. When I don't play for a few days I get all paranoid and start scratching everywhere. Yeah I'm addicted. Supposedly this patch will fix issues (not sure what they are, because I don't visit glitch threads), just more icing on my addiction. One heck of a game we got this year.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.