Home
NCAA Basketball 10 News Post

NCAA Basketball 10 is now available, post your impressions here.

NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Basketball 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
NCAA Basketball 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 fins09065 @ 11/17/09 11:49 PM
So there's rosters there right now with the names that we can download?

# 122 IamLEGENDsince87 @ 11/17/09 11:50 PM
in the tourney they don't really show the schools floor anymore...so it should be generic with a color in the FT area and an NCAA logo in the middle.....I believe they got that right last yr

# 123 countryboy @ 11/17/09 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fins09065
So there's rosters there right now with the names that we can download?
nope. I named UofL's roster.

# 124 TJP0527 @ 11/17/09 11:51 PM
Hi, I have never owned an NCAA EA hoops game before and I have heard that NCAA 2010 obviously won't let you play any game in a dynasty, which obviously sucks. I was wondering a couple things from someone that has played the game.

1- Can you select more than one team to control as the user before the dynasty season? Like if I wanted to pick Duke and Carolina (just an example) could I play both of their individual games?

2- When you get to the NCAA Tournament in dynasty, can any of those games be played or is it just the user controlled team?

Thanks!

# 125 fins09065 @ 11/17/09 11:52 PM
[quote=countryboy;2040462908]nope. I named UofL's roster. [/quote
Thank you guess il have to wait till the named rosters are done to take the gators to the final4

# 126 hitch450 @ 11/17/09 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamLEGENDsince87
last request...is there any way I can get Ohio States top 5 players ratings? or at least Turner n Buford
Sorry don't know their names so I'll go by numbers. These are the OVR ratings for the default starting 5:

C#52-79
PF#21-87
SF#23-75
SG#44-78
PG#33-81

# 127 countryboy @ 11/17/09 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamLEGENDsince87
last request...is there any way I can get Ohio States top 5 players ratings? or at least Turner n Buford
Evan Turner is an 87

Buford is a 78

Diebler is an 81

Lauderdale is a 79

# 128 countryboy @ 11/17/09 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP0527
Hi, I have never owned an NCAA EA hoops game before and I have heard that NCAA 2010 obviously won't let you play any game in a dynasty, which obviously sucks. I was wondering a couple things from someone that has played the game.

1- Can you select more than one team to control as the user before the dynasty season? Like if I wanted to pick Duke and Carolina (just an example) could I play both of their individual games?

2- When you get to the NCAA Tournament in dynasty, can any of those games be played or is it just the user controlled team?

Thanks!
no to both questions

# 129 ehh @ 11/17/09 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
everyone has the same jump shot it seems. Samuels has the same jumper as Smith.
Ugh, another annoying thing not changed from last year.

# 130 Jason2112 @ 11/17/09 11:54 PM
I just think it's a little early to be bashing player ratings. We're like 2 games into the season. John Wall hasn't earned much yet so I'm not sure why everyone wants him as a freakin' 95+ rating already???

# 131 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/17/09 11:55 PM
Thanks for impressions so far guys. I may have to pass on this game this year. Just doesn't seem like they did anything to help the game except for the CBS/ESPN stuff. Looks like my $60 will be going to AC2 or Forza3. Maybe next year...if there is a next year for this game.

# 132 whittleboy615 @ 11/17/09 11:57 PM
Quote:
they just don't call names very often it seems.

I guess we should have seen this coming.

The game added:
  • TV presentation
  • motion offenses
  • dynamic stat updates
  • dynasty sim-stats
  • dynasty menu improvements
  • 5* recruit logic
  • a roster update
  • several face models
  • arm sleeves and knee bands
  • NBA Live gameplay

Then removed classic teams.

No time for anything else. Oh well. It's enough for me. College basketball is only the greatest sport in the world, and TV presentation looks revolutionary.

# 133 countryboy @ 11/17/09 11:58 PM
the presenatation in this game is simply outstanding.

# 134 hitch450 @ 11/18/09 12:00 AM
Quote:
the presenatation in this game is simply outstanding.
True, especially when a timeout is called and they show the quick highlights and act like its going to commercial. Great stuff.

# 135 thaima1shu @ 11/18/09 12:04 AM
Anyone have any idea if they have Washington's stadium in the game this year? Bank of America Arena.

# 136 ehh @ 11/18/09 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason2112
I just think it's a little early to be bashing player ratings. We're like 2 games into the season. John Wall hasn't earned much yet so I'm not sure why everyone wants him as a freakin' 95+ rating already???
Wall isn't the issue, I'm glad he's "only" an 81.

Why is Perry Stevenson an 83 and Patrick Patterson an 84 when Patterson averaged 18 pts/9 reb last year and Stevenson averaged 8 pts and 6 reb? Makes no sense and we'll see plenty of that throughout the entire roster of the game, Stevenson should be somewhere around a 75-77.

# 137 ehh @ 11/18/09 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by six
Then why is Evan Freakin Turner an 87? I'll take Wall over Turner anyday.

Also, why is Turner ranked higher than Patrick Patterson...homer Big Ten developers it appears.
Evan Turner is a pre-season First Team All-American in pretty much every publication and probably the best all-around player in the country this year - his rating is spot on IMO. If I'm doing ratings this year I'm having Turner as a higher OVR than Patterson.

And so far in two games this year Turner is averaging 19 points, 17 rebounds and 7 assists.

# 138 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/18/09 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitch450
True, especially when a timeout is called and they show the quick highlights and act like its going to commercial. Great stuff.
That's stuff is good to hear. Can't wait to see what EA sports does next year with the presentation in their sports games.

# 139 IamLEGENDsince87 @ 11/18/09 12:11 AM
yes Patterson has big upside but Turner damn near carried OSU to the tourney last yr N shouldve been Big 10 PofY, n have u seem him this yr??? 2 games...game 1: 14, 17 n 10 game 2: 17 n 14....N he is 6-7 running the Point N most certainly will be drafted higher than Patterson

# 140 Behindshadows @ 11/18/09 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redxiiixi
How is there a lack of player editing? Global ratings aren't in, but appearance, accessories, ratings, etc are editable. Oh my, no tattoos? Are you really being serious?
I don't give a damn about rating edit. All the player will look a like, just like NCAA 09, still can't add tats, still have generic faces with no option to edit faces. All these features were in NCAA March Madness 08! And yes my premise of editing a game is to make it feel and look authentic. I hate playing against other teams and the players look like they have the same parents.

But add the fact that they still don't say the names in commentary...I mean seriously....It's been in other college basketball games since 2002-2003 season and beyond. You telling me in 7 years that EA developers still haven't gotten to that point.

College Basketball is my favorite sport, over NBA and NFL, etc. I love College Sports, that's why it upsets me so much, that so many things are removed and others just aren't there.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.