Home
MLB 10 News Post

Pasta Padre has posted another batch of MLB '10: The Show screenshots.

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 riDIRKulous41 @ 02/03/10 10:04 PM
Props to SCEA for getting the Rangers video board in left field. My question though is how is it determined when the Rangers wear their red or blue helmets. For most part they wear the blue with the white home jerseys and the red helmets come out with the red uniforms. On a few rare occasions you will see the red helmets with the wht/blue home unis. Red helmets are never worn on the road

# 22 CommunityCollege @ 02/03/10 10:09 PM
GASP!

Pasta Padre's pics are awesome

makes the game look like the PS3 has anti-aliasing or something.

# 23 CommunityCollege @ 02/03/10 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500Feet
It does. It has 2X AA.

I agree. Give SCEA break. They're doin' a great job.

I know it does if you play it in 720p but some screenshots look really jaggy compared to these

or maybe it's because the Padre site re-sized the pics.

# 24 PLite14 @ 02/03/10 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyville33
Agreed, also the walls in Progressive still appear with that cartoony staled out green color instead of a solid green. I am frustrated with the lack of led scoreboards, but at least they got Arlington's in. It really makes the stadium seem outdated with those nasty yellow and black electric scoreboards (I may just sim my games when playing in either stadium). I know they've been working incredibly hard on this game, but the pic at fenway has the black tarp on a night game, and seemed to ignore our stadium feedback thread for example: they didn't include the white lettering for ads behind home plate, no retractable roofs and no Wrigley bleachers. I love the game, but stadiums are a big thing for me. I do love the equipment customization, as the game will feel new for each team I play with the individuality of each player. It's just frustrating... maybe hire some stadium guys? (cough cough rolie and pirate cough cough).
Stop dude, seriously. You are giving us Cub fans a bad name on the OS boards by complaining. Did you look at how many pages long that stadium feedback thread is? I would have taken them years to implement all that stuff. Sure it's disappointing that the LED boards in Cincy and Cleveland weren't fixed, but I'm elated just because I saw a couple of our suggestions for Wrigley in the game. It will take a while, but they will eventually have every little detail down to a tee.

The problem with suggesting 'hire more stadium guys' is that those people would have to be paid, and that would cost SCEA too much money. Yes, rolie and Pirate were great stadium modders, but that doesn't mean they can program.

# 25 Knight165 @ 02/03/10 10:24 PM
Quote:
True, they do have some rough edges. 2X AA can only do so much.

It might be cause of the resize, true..

Imagine this game on a PC with 4X or 8X AA at 1080p...
STOP

M.K.
Knight165

# 26 PVarck31 @ 02/03/10 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
It's a matter of time. Try to look at everything they added, or else they just hate Cincinnati and Cleveland fans.
I think its the latter.

# 27 wrigleyville33 @ 02/03/10 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLite14
Stop dude, seriously. You are giving us Cub fans a bad name on the OS boards by complaining. Did you look at how many pages long that stadium feedback thread is? I would have taken them years to implement all that stuff. Sure it's disappointing that the LED boards in Cincy and Cleveland weren't fixed, but I'm elated just because I saw a couple of our suggestions for Wrigley in the game. It will take a while, but they will eventually have every little detail down to a tee.

The problem with suggesting 'hire more stadium guys' is that those people would have to be paid, and that would cost SCEA too much money. Yes, rolie and Pirate were great stadium modders, but that doesn't mean they can program.
Last post before this blows up... How in the world am I giving the Cubs fans a bad rep on OS? I'm complaining because one of the MAJOR features at Wrigley is the bleachers. Sorry, I hate seeing seats in the outfield of one of the best ballparks in the game. I love Wrigley, I catch a couple games in Chicago every year even considering where I live. I'm wanting it to be as accurate as possible, as with any other stadium. It only takes more time with a lesser workforce.

# 28 CommunityCollege @ 02/03/10 10:41 PM
Quote:
True, they do have some rough edges. 2X AA can only do so much.

It might be cause of the resize, true..

Imagine this game on a PC with 4X or 8X AA at 1080p...
Heaven on earth.

# 29 CommunityCollege @ 02/03/10 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyville33
Agreed, also the walls in Progressive still appear with that cartoony staled out green color instead of a solid green. I am frustrated with the lack of led scoreboards, but at least they got Arlington's in. It really makes the stadium seem outdated with those nasty yellow and black electric scoreboards (I may just sim my games when playing in either stadium). I know they've been working incredibly hard on this game, but the pic at fenway has the black tarp on a night game, and seemed to ignore our stadium feedback thread for example: they didn't include the white lettering for ads behind home plate, no retractable roofs and no Wrigley bleachers. I love the game, but stadiums are a big thing for me. I do love the equipment customization, as the game will feel new for each team I play with the individuality of each player. It's just frustrating... maybe hire some stadium guys? (cough cough rolie and pirate cough cough).

# 30 CommunityCollege @ 02/03/10 10:52 PM
Quote:
I bet that's basically what the PS4 will be capable of.. 1080p with 4X AA.
No, it should be capable of doing much more!

I think 4x is a slight upgrade...should be around 8x or 16x

# 31 CommunityCollege @ 02/03/10 10:55 PM
Wow this looks good! good looks SCEA.

# 32 TN - BRAVES FAN @ 02/03/10 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunityCollege
No, it should be capable of doing much more!

I think 4x is a slight upgrade...should be around 8x or 16x
What are the settings for the PS3?

# 33 sixmillion @ 02/03/10 10:56 PM
Quote:
GASP!

Pasta Padre's pics are awesome

makes the game look like the PS3 has anti-aliasing or something.
Never did like night games, day games look " way better "

# 34 CommunityCollege @ 02/03/10 10:57 PM

Air Jordan playing for the Red Soxs???...oh it's just Mike Cameron...

# 35 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/03/10 11:08 PM
Quote:
Wow this looks good! good looks SCEA.

Look how authentic the grass and dirt color looks, and even the lighting.

Quote:

Air Jordan playing for the Red Soxs???...oh it's just Mike Cameron...

Michael Air Cameron!

This pic looks amazing ... the HDR lighting is so sweet.

# 36 dickey1331 @ 02/03/10 11:09 PM
Rangers stadium looks AMAZING. I cannot wait for this game. Good job SCEA

# 37 Mr. Franchise @ 02/03/10 11:12 PM
Now imagine this on PC with 4X or 8X AA only.... FULLY MODABLE

*drool*

# 38 Knight165 @ 02/03/10 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise
Now imagine this on PC with 4X or 8X AA only.... FULLY MODABLE

*drool*
(with a PC editor)

I SAID STOP!!

M.K.
Knight165

# 39 Mr. Franchise @ 02/03/10 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
(with a PC editor)

I SAID STOP!!

M.K.
Knight165
OH MAN
CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS
REAL LIFE OVERLAYS
MODED JERSEYS
REAL LIFE STADIUM ADS
CUSTOMIZABLE PLAYER PICS

YUMMY

:P

# 40 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/03/10 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise
OH MAN
CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS
REAL LIFE OVERLAYS
MODED JERSEYS
REAL LIFE STADIUM ADS
CUSTOMIZABLE PLAYER PICS

YUMMY

:P

I would buy the PC version in a heartbeat.

1920x1200, 8x AA, 16X Anisotropic

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.