Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

2K Sports has posted another Major League Baseball 2K10 Developer Insight. This is part I detailing My Player mode, part II coming tomorrow.

Quote:
"One of the main goals that we set out to achieve in our design for the mode was to always be transparent and ensure that you understand what you need to do to progress through the mode. When you start out in the Minors, there is a clear list of MLB Call-up goals that you can see getting checked off as you meet them. Once you get to the Majors, you’ll get a new list of goals and career milestones that you need to accomplish to become a Hall of Famer (more specifics about the Hall of Fame system will be coming in Part II of the My Player Developer Insight). The end result is that you will have goals that are easy to see and understand, so you won’t have to just rely on an arbitrary meter bar and have to guess as to why/when it is increasing or decreasing."

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/21/10 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeMiKaL
just to know...
in rtts on the show, if you play as an outfielder, do you just run to a spot on the ground??

It is a behind the player view as well, and you do run to a spot,l which you have to in My Player as well, since you can clearly see a marker in the picture.

The insight was thin on the information, and had more marketing in the sentence structure. I wish it was more in depth, and hopefully a review or hands on can cover it more.

# 22 KeMiKaL @ 02/21/10 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
It is a behind the player view as well, and you do run to a spot,l which you have to in My Player as well, since you can clearly see a marker in the picture.

The insight was thin on the information, and had more marketing in the sentence structure. I wish it was more in depth, and hopefully a review or hands on can cover it more.
in 2k's my player you dont run to a spot on the field. you follow the ball and catch by your judgement as described in the insight.

i was wondering ( just incase u mis-understood my question), if on rtts there is a marker on the ground that gets smaller and smaller, and you have to get under it to catch it, or is it more like 2k's mode will be?

to me the marker doesnt look like it was there for telling where the ball is going to land...

Quote:
When playing as an outfielder, you don’t just run to a landing indicator spot on the field, you actually see the path and the flight of the ball and track the ball in the air the entire time. It is very intuitive and works and feels exactly as you would expect it to. With the player perspective camera, fielding in our game is more immersive than it has ever been in any baseball video game.

# 23 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/21/10 06:38 PM
Quote:
in 2k's my player you dont run to a spot on the field. you follow the ball and catch by your judgement as described in the insight.

to me the marker doesnt look like it was there for telling where the ball is going to land...

It is going to be a riot to judge depth flight of a ball in a 2D flat image. (I know they are "3D" graphics, but there is no depth perception on a 2D screen you are looking at).

There is still a marker there, and thus I am more than positive said marker is to aid you to get to the ball position.

They mentioned nothing of that marker arrow, which I am sure isn't there for looks. I want to know what it does. Obviously it is ball flight, but the game has to lock the player in for the catch, or it is going to be a riot to watch.

As for the Show, there is a marker, there is an arrow, just like you see in 2K that shows the ball flight.

It does not say there is NO landing indicator, just says you "just don't run to it", you see the flight. I am sure the landing indicator is still there, just out of view cause of the angle.

# 24 KeMiKaL @ 02/21/10 06:42 PM
Quote:
It is going to be a riot to judge depth flight of a ball in a 2D flat image. (I know they are "3D" graphics, but there is no depth perception on a 2D screen you are looking at).

There is still a marker there, and thus I am more than positive said marker is to aid you to get to the ball position.

They mentioned nothing of that marker arrow, which Ia m sure isn't there for looks. I want to know what it does. Obviously it is ball flight, but the game has to lock the player in for the catch, or it is going to be a riot to watch.

As for the Show, there is a marker, but you don't really see it unless you are near it, there is an arrow, just like you see in 2K that shows the ball flight. And I am sure there is a "zone" for catching the ball and triggering animations as well. Just because they don't show you it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist under the hood.

It does not say there is NO landing indicator, just says you "just don't run to it", you see the flight. I am sure the landing indicator is still there, just out of view cause of the angle.
ok, i see wat u mean. hopefully we still get the chance to track the ball down without too much help. i want the experience to track the ball without too much aid.

# 25 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/21/10 06:44 PM
Quote:
ok, i see wat u mean. hopefully we still get the chance to track the ball down without too much help. i want the experience to track the ball without too much aid.
That would be really cool, I just don't see how well it can translate in a 2D screen. 3D gaming on the other hand.

# 26 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/21/10 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500Feet
I do like how the camera shows the ball while you're an outfielder in My Player. Like Nemesis said though, it would be tough to judge that on a flat image, so I think that's what that indicator is for. It has to aid you somehow.
Agreed, I like the camera myself as well.

# 27 Wavebird99 @ 02/21/10 07:19 PM
Good point. Didnt really notice the marker either. That should definitely help you follow and go to where the ball is going to land.

Still a cool view though.

# 28 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/21/10 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bowler
Where is this indicator you speak of? All i can see is the OF looking straight in the air at the ball.

You don't see the orange arrow pointing down?

# 29 KeMiKaL @ 02/21/10 07:31 PM
i wonder if you increase the difficulty the harder it gets to track the ball

# 30 Skyboxer @ 02/21/10 08:58 PM
Quote:
That would be really cool, I just don't see how well it can translate in a 2D screen. 3D gaming on the other hand.
i think you'll find it is waaay easier than you think....

Trust me

# 31 KeMiKaL @ 02/21/10 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
i think you'll find it is waaay easier than you think....

Trust me
yea i kinda thought the same. even in the picture i can tell where to run to catch the ball.

# 32 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/21/10 11:14 PM
Pretty amazing considering all the variables. Not to mention the fact he is already in the ready position.

# 33 Skyboxer @ 02/22/10 10:51 AM
Quote:
Pretty amazing considering all the variables. Not to mention the fact he is already in the ready position.
If the game even comes close to the visual/depth perception of real life it will be easy to know when and where to run. I played 90% of my baseball life in CF the other 10 at 2nd (arm related move) so I'm pretty excited about the view....
We'll see...

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.