Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Check out the very first gameplay video from Major League Baseball 2K10. Post your thoughts here.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 duke776 @ 02/19/10 02:16 PM
I'm really not sure if anyone knows the answer to this, as it might be something I should just ask when people get the game, but can we turn off catcher suggestions?

# 142 RGmoney @ 02/19/10 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
I'm really not sure if anyone knows the answer to this, as it might be something I should just ask when people get the game, but can we turn off catcher suggestions?
You could last year. Don't see why that would change.

# 143 jeffy777 @ 02/19/10 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Yeah man, I HATE that. I think the view has some potential, it needs to be tweaked though..
There will be more batter views to choose from. This is just the default.

# 144 duke776 @ 02/19/10 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGmoney
You could last year. Don't see why that would change.
Okay, cool. Thanks

# 145 trick02 @ 02/19/10 02:27 PM
Well I took a few things from that video.

1) There was no fly balls to the OF so thats still up for grabs on if it is still broken.( One flawless popup wasn't going to make him scream for joy anyways)

2) I saw a ton of things i will be turning off. I think like Madden did they tried to make it so just about any one could pick up and play. I am fine with this as long as the option to turn off all of them is there.

3) There was no indication of what level this game was being played on. I assume Pro but would be nice if it said something in the title.

# 146 Blzer @ 02/19/10 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I'm sure that's done on purpose. Notice how you can see both bases without the need for "runner windows."
Yeah, but I'm still trying to figure out why there's so much wasted space on the bottom of the screen. I figure they could have at least thrown in a sports ticker down there (they might have one), but we take away some of the batter's stance in order to see dirt where the catcher should be positioned. I never understood why they went with that option, and I think the default option will turn many people away. This is bar-none the most outlandish default camera system in a baseball video game I have seen in a long time (not saying it's bad, but it's just so different that it seems like a custom angle).

And I'm just going to throw something out there that probably bugged me the most, and I was going to keep quiet about it but it hasn't yet been mentioned. Aside from the fact that the right fielder is able to get so far in on the base hit to throw it to third, his throw is some strange lob to compensate for charging in so much to let the runner get to third. But then later in the inning you see the right fielder dart a 110 MPH throw to the cut-off man after a base hit. It was particularly strange, and makes me think they still haven't corrected the proportional spacing with the way that outfielders run versus the way the field is set up. I think the reason this happens is because they allow the outfielder to run full speed up until the point that they catch the ball, whereas in real life a sprint would probably result in an error of sorts.

# 147 Pared @ 02/19/10 02:42 PM
I wouldn't say it's wasted space. Raise the camera and the upper half of it is looking at the sky.

Plus I'm sure they need to worry about support for SDTV.

Just a couple of reasons. They still might be able to tweak it in the future. It's not a bad take on it though, and some have already said they actually like it. I'll reserve judgment but I don't like the look. But I also felt that way about other views until I tried them.

# 148 Blzer @ 02/19/10 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I wouldn't say it's wasted space. Raise the camera and the upper half of it is looking at the sky.
Oh, I didn't say to "pan" the camera upward, but position it higher if that makes sense.

Quote:
Plus I'm sure they need to worry about support for SDTV.
Interesting. Does 4:3 cut off information on the top and bottom on the screen? I figured it was just the sides, but I'm actually not sure now.

Quote:
Just a couple of reasons. They still might be able to tweak it in the future. It's not a bad take on it though, and some have already said they actually like it. I'll reserve judgment but I don't like the look. But I also felt that way about other views until I tried them.
No doubt. What I was going after in my previous post was more on the lines of the default options possibly turning people away from the game. It surprises me how many of my friends play games without tweaking any options (except maybe difficulty level). They won't touch any such sliders or presentation settings, yet I am the biggest stickler and work it until I find perfection, even down to how the public address announcer comes out of the rear speakers.

With that being said, there are are others that do tweak a couple of these settings, but if they haven't been keeping up with information and if the demo comes with no options (like 2K9 before it and NBA 2K10), then they may turn away from the game because they feel the default settings aren't up to snuff. Others will understand that there will be more options, but until they get a good hands on with it, they may not appreciate how they see the game as is.

I'm just worried with the decision that 2K made to default with this stuff, and for people to not give the game a solid chance because of it.

# 149 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/19/10 02:48 PM
The thing that bothers me about it is that it shows way too much dirt, and less grass so to speak. And the pitcher looks unnaturally far away. Looks more like a catcher view than a hitting one. And does not capture the feel of a big dominant pitcher being on top of you from his elevated mound and height.

More like being fed balls from a pitching machine.

# 150 Blzer @ 02/19/10 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
The thing that bothers me about it is that it shows way too much dirt, and less grass so to speak. And the pitcher looks unnaturally far away. Looks more like a catcher view than a hitting one. And does not capture the feel of a big dominant pitcher being on top of you from his elevated mound and height.

More like being fed balls from a pitching machine.
Totally understand that feeling, which is why I won't even give this camera angle a chance and I'll change it instantly.

I have an idea for a different kind of camera view that I want to give insight on, but it may not make much sense. Perhaps down the road I'll present my idea, but until then I need to make sure that even I know what I'm talking about lol.

# 151 PVarck31 @ 02/19/10 02:52 PM
I love this view. Maybe even zoom it in a click or two.

# 152 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/19/10 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFelix
I am sure you can change that though, with height levels and zoom ratio... I wouldn't get too upset over the camera view in the video as I am sure it can be tweaked.

Oh I am sure you can and I will, but being that they (2K) are rallying this view to their pitch reading system when hitting, I wonder how that will alter how the pitches look as they come to the plate in other views. Easier? Harder? Since they appear almost too slow already, which may be a side effect from the pitcher being so far away visually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31

Agreed, zoomed some it would look much better. You have to feel a part of the action, not like you are watching it from a distance IMO.

# 153 Pared @ 02/19/10 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFelix
I am sure you can change that though, with height levels and zoom ratio... I wouldn't get too upset over the camera view in the video as I am sure it can be tweaked.
Correct. The user has options. It is up to them if they want to use them.

# 154 Eski33 @ 02/19/10 03:15 PM
Like the sound, presentation and the view when hitting. The most negative thing I found was the inaccurate font of the last names on the back of the jerseys and the odd jersey numbers, especially for the Cubs....

The sound of the ball hitting the bat was more natural....I also noticed lots of lag unless that was the video...

# 155 johnnyg83 @ 02/19/10 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31

Yeah, much much better.

# 156 findinghomer @ 02/19/10 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski33
I also noticed lots of lag unless that was the video...

its the video..

gotta give it to 2k, they always find a way to be innovative. this true "widescreen" angle is beautiful. the stats overlay, the fielding angle, the hitters eye.... also noticed no more jerkey animations....this is just my initial thoughts right off the bat. game is looking really promising. i might end up having to get this.! i would love to be able to use my xbox again.

# 157 Blzer @ 02/19/10 03:26 PM
By the way, I just wanted to point out... this game is a clear example of how there can be a slight delay after contact with the behind-the-pitcher camera. This is just to the naysayers out there that think otherwise.

# 158 Bahnzo @ 02/19/10 04:04 PM
I think one thing with the numbers is this....

They are so obviously incorrect and out of proportion, that it makes me scratch my head as to how this was overlooked and not corrected. And if something that obvious can make thru to the final release, then what else could've been missed?

# 159 Blzer @ 02/19/10 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
I think one thing with the numbers is this....

They are so obviously incorrect and out of proportion, that it makes me scratch my head as to how this was overlooked and not corrected. And if something that obvious can make thru to the final release, then what else could've been missed?
Check swings.

# 160 Sportsforever @ 02/19/10 04:43 PM
I haven't played 2K in a few years (rented 2K8), but anyone who watches this and doesn't think it's improved doesn't remember how bad it was. I think this is looking like a promising game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.