Home
MLB 10 News Post

The Show Community Site has posted an article on sounds for MLB '10: The Show.

Quote:
In MLB 09 The Show, we gave you the ability to add your own music and attach that music to specific players for things like batter walk-ups, home runs, and relief pitcher entrances. In MLB 10 The Show, we have added an Edit Teams option, so you can add music to your favorite team and hear it in various game situations. So, say if you're nostalgic for your favorite Cubs announcer from your childhood singing “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” in the middle of the 7th, you can add it directly to the game and remember the good ole days.... sniff, sniff.

In Set Team Audio, you can add your own music to a variety of events such as:

* Home Run Music
* Strike Out Music
* Drawing a Walk
* Stolen Base
* Away Team Error
* Team Wins (Generic, Pennant, Division, and World Series)
* Team Loses
* Clutch Out Recorded
* Relief Pitcher Entrance
* In between Innings Music

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Knight165 @ 02/19/10 04:02 PM
Well...it looks like the site is up!
Excellent!

M.K.
Knight165

# 2 TN - BRAVES FAN @ 02/19/10 04:21 PM
Since there's not a song slot for clutch hit, can the distortion/crowd noise effect be turned off on the chants when recording?

# 3 brewersfan84 @ 02/19/10 04:23 PM
thanks for sharing this with us. Awesome on its own that we have more options for sounds this year!

# 4 CommunityCollege @ 02/19/10 04:27 PM
wow this is amazing!

I hope someone makes a Yankee all sounds file to download.

# 5 choadler @ 02/19/10 04:30 PM
Looks like there is some information on top 5 firstbasemen and top 5 catchers with screenshots of the ratings for the players....very nice.

# 6 nemesis04 @ 02/19/10 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Well...it looks like the site is up!
Excellent!

M.K.
Knight165
I do not think it was supposed to be found yet! Now there is a stampede.

# 7 rckabillyRaider @ 02/19/10 04:46 PM
The new team options is gonna be great! Too bad custom chants are still only available with the recorder. Would've been better if we can add files for the chants as well.

# 8 Pared @ 02/19/10 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I do not think it was supposed to be found yet! Now there is a stampede.
It's ok... The blog was posted by a developer in response to someone's comment in the last Show developer blog.

All backbreaker did was run here to OS to be first about it.

# 9 nemesis04 @ 02/19/10 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
It's ok... The blog was posted by a developer in response to someone's comment in the last Show developer blog.

All backbreaker did was run here to OS to be first about it.
Ah okay! Run free guys run!

# 10 Reaman @ 02/19/10 04:56 PM
Thank you backbreaker!

# 11 franch1se @ 02/19/10 05:05 PM
NICE!! 3 songs for batting music per player, thats one of the things I wanted this year.

# 12 idesign2 @ 02/19/10 05:07 PM
Good find!

I love the expanded flexibility, especially regarding sounds for entire teams. That will save a lot of work by not having to add home run music for EVERY player.

Like an earlier poster I'm bummed by the apparent inability to add chants and jeers using existing sound files. I don't really understand this decision. Is it a hardware or software issue? Are they trying to sell more headsets? I'm confused.

Other questions I have are:

1) Are there more sound file slots than last year? I sure hope so considering there are now many more situations to add music.
2) Will song markers for sound files that already exist on my PS3 need to be marked again? Or will the markers I set for 09 translate into 10?
3) Will we be able to use multiple songs for team-specific situations? For instance, can I set aside a pool of 20 songs from which the game randomly chooses between innings? Or is each inning restricted to one song only?
4) I'm assuming sounds will have to be reassigned with each roster set like last year. True or false?

# 13 MatrixTN @ 02/19/10 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idesign2
1) Are there more sound file slots than last year? I sure hope so considering there are now many more situations to add music.
2) Will song markers for sound files that already exist on my PS3 need to be marked again? Or will the markers I set for 09 translate into 10?
3) Will we be able to use multiple songs for team-specific situations? For instance, can I set aside a pool of 20 songs from which the game randomly chooses between innings? Or is each inning restricted to one song only?
4) I'm assuming sounds will have to be reassigned with each roster set like last year. True or false?
I agree with 1, I wasn't comfortable with the limit being 240. I hope they upped it or made it unlimited.

I doubt 2 would be plausible.

I second #3.

4, more than likely yes. I'd just jump on Knight's rosters.

# 14 econoodle @ 02/19/10 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
Is that what I did, ran here to be first? Not, I posted it on Neogaf first and didn't see it posted here so I posted it here. OS is cool but I don't post here first dude.
its all good, back.
you did a good deed for the community.
first, second, running, walking.
no matter. you saw, you came, you posted.
nothing but love.
thanks.

# 15 Pared @ 02/19/10 06:03 PM
Quote:
Is that what I did, ran here to be first? Not, I posted it on Neogaf first and didn't see it posted here so I posted it here. OS is cool but I don't post here first dude.
So you ran to two places to be the first. I stand corrected.

# 16 WAZ @ 02/19/10 06:12 PM
"Go Cubs Go" playing after a win at Wrigley? I am now the world's happiest human.

# 17 Rob_NYY @ 02/19/10 06:19 PM
Quote:
You see if I go at you, I get ban, so I'm going to leave it alone. Double standard in full affect.
He's messing around with you. Relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunityCollege
wow this is amazing!

I hope someone makes a Yankee all sounds file to download.

Yankee Sounds.

# 18 Pared @ 02/19/10 06:19 PM
Easy, easy... there's no need for the forum to be so serious.

You posted something first. Nothing to get riled up over.

# 19 WAZ @ 02/19/10 06:21 PM
Quote:
You see if I go at you, I get ban, so I'm going to leave it alone. Double standard in full affect.
Hmm... I think he's just messing with you man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwTJ08lb73Q

# 20 TN - BRAVES FAN @ 02/19/10 06:42 PM
You know this may not be the entire list...did you notice the phrase such as before the list?

In Set Team Audio, you can add your own music to a variety of events such as:

The Little, Brown Handbook (6th ed., HarperCollins, 1995) says:
"Strictly, such as precedes an example that represents a larger
subject

such as leads the mind to imagine an indefinite group of objects

Such as definition taken from this site:
http://alt-usage-english.org/excerpts/fxlike00.html

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.