Home
MLB 10 News Post

Playstation.Blog has posted another MLB '10: The Show blog. This one covering the realism of the game, with the included video clip.

Quote:
"Last year we added quite a bit to the stadium experience, but this year we wanted to make MLB 10 stand out even more. We set out researching how the stadiums looked, finding the little nuances of each stadium. If you’re going to include fireworks, they have to look and sound real. Each fireworks explosion is designed to recreate the actual fireworks display that is seen when the home team hits a homerun or wins the game.

Another area of detail with the stadiums was adding in the famous Home Run Splash Counter in San Francisco. This also includes a special Splash Camera which follows the ball as it splashes into McCovey Cove. Also added to our stadiums are working clocks which show the actual time from game start until finish. There are digital and analog clocks throughout the stadiums, so check out the time as you play the game."

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 choadler @ 02/23/10 03:36 PM
I watched that Splash cam part of the video 4 times. That is simply amazing. The addition of the broadcast camera is a huge huge upgrade.

# 22 Ninjoid @ 02/23/10 03:39 PM
Spanker Rooney!....next week can't come quick enough....even if it means waiting an extra couple of days for delivery across the pond...roll on, roll on..awesome stuff

# 23 Timmer015 @ 02/23/10 04:41 PM
How can you show the pen at Fenway, and not have the relievers banging away with spoons, and the pirate flag? Hmph

everything else looks great though!

# 24 Shakedowncapo @ 02/23/10 04:45 PM
Something small that I noticed is the elimination of the overlay! Can we control that this year or is that a debug thing?

# 25 WaywardDog @ 02/23/10 04:54 PM
Can't wait to pick this game up on Friday....early release baby!!!

# 26 Doormat @ 02/23/10 06:14 PM
One question about this is, will it ALWAYS show the fans reaching for it? Will there be one time where they actually catch it ? I wouldn't want to be pitching to a batter just to see him foul and see the same cut scenes

# 27 csker7 @ 02/23/10 06:21 PM
the splash counter and cam are awesome. but it seemed like sandoval hit the ball pretty darn far...im just hoping its actually a challenge to hit one out to right field. bonds was the only guy who could actually hit one out as far as pablo did in that clip. but still, the addition of the splash counter is a huge plus!

# 28 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/23/10 07:15 PM
Glad to finally see the Sawx in the correct bullpen. Thanks Nem and guys for giving the heads up at CD! Considering they are active now and would be more glaring than ever.

And that splash cam and HR shot ...

I am definitely playing a few games there with 30 team control!!!

And the pitchers have way more "umph" when they release the pitch. Looks much improved!!!

# 29 antifanboy @ 02/23/10 07:20 PM
WAIT....do the guys in the kayaks come out to fetch the ball after the splash landing ???

# 30 Bahnzo @ 02/23/10 08:47 PM
One thing I saw that I haven't noticed....in the scene where the first baseman was stretching for the sharply hit ground ball, I noticed his "circle" turned a light-grey color. Is this new? I have to admit that with 09 I often times had problems quickly picking up which fielder was selected and hopefully this will help out some.

# 31 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/23/10 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
One thing I saw that I haven't noticed....in the scene where the first baseman was stretching for the sharply hit ground ball, I noticed his "circle" turned a light-grey color. Is this new? I have to admit that with 09 I often times had problems quickly picking up which fielder was selected and hopefully this will help out some.
Yes, they changed the color so people who are color blind can pick up on it.

# 32 Bahnzo @ 02/23/10 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Yes, they changed the color so people who are color blind can pick up on it.
That's great. I'm not color blind, but my aged eyes must be getting old.

# 33 Tatz666 @ 02/24/10 11:08 AM
i am completely amazed at how much detail these guys stuff in to the new release each year. you never feel like you're just purchasing a roster update with a new paint job, IMO. i mean, they got the friggin' splash counter in the game. its such a small touch, but it adds so much to the realism.........hurry up march 2nd!!

# 34 livinitup921 @ 02/24/10 11:45 AM
I was excited for the game before seeing this video and now after watching the video, I am even more excited. The game looks amazing!!!!

# 35 markprior22 @ 02/24/10 03:20 PM
My first year with a PS3 and I am more excited about this game than I have been for a video game in years. Knowing that I won't be let down is the main thing that allows me to get excited. I've learned to not expect too much from other games so the disappointment won't be so great. Nice to have a game that will deliver.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.