Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Our Forum admin Chris Gunter, otherwise known as Millennium, had an opportunity to play Major League Baseball 2K10 at a recent 2K Sports event. Check out his initial impressions of the game.

Quote:
"The MLB 2K series has been on a roller-coaster ride this generation, and many are pointing to this year as a "put up or shut up" point in the development process. In other words, I was more then a little interested to see how MLB 2K10 was shaping up. Luckily for me, I got a chance to play MLB 2K10 on Thursday. "

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 SoxFan01605 @ 02/26/10 03:13 PM
Interesting. It sounds a lot like my feelings after the demo almost to a T. Hopefully that initial impressions doesn't turn sour from AI issues or various bugs and glitches. It's good to read that most of the impressions and previews have been positive while staying realistic. I'm hoping to land a rental copy next week!

# 2 samuri26 @ 02/26/10 03:18 PM
Hey Steve, how was the graphics? Better than the demo? Because I have been experiencing very jagged models in the 360 demo...

# 3 Steve_OS @ 02/26/10 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuri26
Hey Steve, how was the graphics? Better than the demo? Because I have been experiencing very jagged models in the 360 demo...
This was written by Chris (Millennium).

# 4 samuri26 @ 02/26/10 03:22 PM
ohh true.. I'll ask him

# 5 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/26/10 03:32 PM
Nice write up. Can't wait to get my copy this weekend. Great job as always.

# 6 Millennium @ 02/26/10 04:11 PM
Graphics are very much improved in the retail version. Jaggies are still there, but are fewer and farther between.

# 7 samuri26 @ 02/26/10 04:14 PM
Sweet, thank you! I knew the graphics couldn't have been the same as the demo, because every 2k demo has worse graphics than the actual retail version... Once again thank you for that confirmation!

# 8 SoxFan01605 @ 02/26/10 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Graphics are very much improved in the retail version. Jaggies are still there, but are fewer and farther between.
Hey,

You mentioned Kruk being a plus. In the video shown awhile back, he sounded canned and kind of "spliced in" or tacked on to me. I'm assuming you found it more organic?

Not a big fan of him personally, but if he's just annoying because he's Kruk and not because of any technical stuff, then I can move past it (I did with Phillips who I also hate but think sounds great in the game...lol).

# 9 nemesis04 @ 02/26/10 04:20 PM
I know this was a 360 tryout but were you able to see the ps3 version at all?

# 10 samuri26 @ 02/26/10 04:23 PM
Ohh, and also, was the gameplay buggy?

# 11 laker8la @ 02/26/10 04:29 PM
How is the hit variety?

# 12 Gusto1 @ 02/26/10 04:29 PM
I there a manager mode in this edtion?

# 13 Checmate101 @ 02/26/10 04:36 PM
Are any vids going to be coming out this weekend like it was last year?

# 14 Millennium @ 02/26/10 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Hey,

You mentioned Kruk being a plus. In the video shown awhile back, he sounded canned and kind of "spliced in" or tacked on to me. I'm assuming you found it more organic?

Not a big fan of him personally, but if he's just annoying because he's Kruk and not because of any technical stuff, then I can move past it (I did with Phillips who I also hate but think sounds great in the game...lol).
I think Kruk sounds great, both technically and analytically. He brings some good thoughts to the table so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I know this was a 360 tryout but were you able to see the ps3 version at all?
No PS3 hands-on. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laker8la
How is the hit variety?
I don't think I can answer this with the time I have. I have seen multiple types of hits, but don't know with that frequency they will occur over time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusto1
I there a manager mode in this edtion?
Haven't checked. I will later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball66
Do the strong arms of outfielders affect extra base hits and taking the extra base? Thanks.
If they are anything like the game Chase and I had last night, I'd say yes. Check out his thread for details, but summary is Adam Jones GUNNED Juan Pierre at the plate on a bloop single. Pierre was on second, and was out by a good 3 feet. It was a perfect strike, no hops. Again, without more playtime I can't say for sure, but that isn't a good sign.

# 15 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/26/10 06:24 PM
Millennium, can you let me know what the Fielder Speed & Base Runner Speed on all settings are. Wanna get a sense if they are different for each level..

Thanks

# 16 SoxFan01605 @ 02/26/10 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
I think Kruk sounds great, both technically and analytically. He brings some good thoughts to the table so far.
That's good news. It was probably just the video then. I'll be interested to see how they all play out over time with the MLB Today type stuff. Thanks!

# 17 stlstudios189 @ 02/26/10 10:14 PM
game looks and sounds like a winner this year

# 18 tril @ 02/27/10 12:51 AM
I absolutely like the swing stick

# 19 Jistic @ 02/28/10 09:35 PM
Mill how are the human pitch counts? Is it too easy to pitch complete games?

Positional player fatigue?

Relief pitcher fatigue?

Thanks.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.