Home
Backbreaker News Post

Very anxious for this conference call. The call should start in an hour, I'll have a live blog set up in this space for then. Check back early and often!

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 81 splff3000 @ 04/20/10 10:39 PM
I don't know man. I was hyped about this until the no fatigue thing. I can deal with no injuries, but no fatigue? Yeah, this just went from a must buy to a must rent. I'll definitely do that.

# 82 JayBee74 @ 04/20/10 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Give me one example of something in the videos that looked like Blitz.
Tackles-Blitz had tackles. Backbreaker has tackles.
ROTFL!!!

# 83 JayBee74 @ 04/20/10 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Fatigue really isn't in any football game. When Madden pulls your guy, just sub him back in, he doesn't run any slower or anything.
True,And yet, No Fatigue is a game killer!

# 84 JayBee74 @ 04/20/10 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by granddogg
i dont know why you guys are going back and forth with these trolls...
I don't know-I shouldn't-I'm fascinated by their transparent bias toward the game. TWO WORDS-TECH DEMO!

# 85 Bellsprout @ 04/20/10 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I don't know-I shouldn't-I'm fascinated by their transparent bias toward the game. TWO WORDS-TECH DEMO!
Similar to the "this is the best game EVER even before it's released!" bias?

As far as the other guy and I are to the "this game won't be all that great" end of the bias scale, you're just as far towards the "this game is like the pope, infallible!" end of it.

# 86 Pacman83 @ 04/20/10 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Lol, I love irony.
Lmao--Jaybee, can't tell what side your on...

Anyway, kinda disappointed with some of this news, still gonna support this game, and not because it don't like Madden, which i think will actually be good better year now that the jittery movement is gone (Say what you want, don't care)

Anyway, BB should be be pretty fun, by chance what rate does it run at? 30?

# 87 JayBee74 @ 04/20/10 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Lol, I love irony.
What Irony? That's your mantra. You guys own it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
Similar to the "this is the best game EVER even before it's released!" bias?

As far as the other guy and I are to the "this game won't be all that great" end of the bias scale, you're just as far towards the "this game is like the pope, infallible!" end of it.
More fiction: You Backbreaker Bashers make things up. (TECH DEMO!!!)

# 88 Bellsprout @ 04/20/10 11:11 PM
Quote:
More fiction: You Backbreaker Bashers make things up. (TECH DEMO!!!)
You're right. Let's play it off with irrationality.

Also, what you just said is that it's fiction that we make things up. Fiction means something is made up. I believe you were looking for "More fact".

# 89 bvb24 @ 04/20/10 11:13 PM
I want this game. Do you think fatigue would be patchable?

# 90 splff3000 @ 04/20/10 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
Lmao--Jaybee, can't tell what side your on...
LMAO I was thinking the same thing.

# 91 LeonM @ 04/20/10 11:20 PM
I am in the minority on this one but I really do not have a problem with no injuries or no fatigue. I would prefer to have them both in the game but it's not a game killer atleast for me.

If injuries can't be done properly than they mean nothing and fatigue means very little in football video games. It's window dressing.

To me it doesn't take away from having a full depth chart because you still need to field a team with different players. Example?

Outside of the 24 starters. 11 on offense, 11 on defense and a kicker and punter. You still need multiple backs, multiple te's and multiple WR's. You'll have two and three tight end sets, You'll have 5 wr sets. Same thing on defense. multiple d-lineman and linebackers needed as well as defensive backs depending on what defensive alignments you are playing in. There's speed back vs power short yardage back, There's throwing qb vs scrambling quarterback etc etc etc

# 92 splff3000 @ 04/20/10 11:21 PM
Quote:
I can't tell if that the 30 question was a serious question or a back handed slap at the game. I am going to assume it was serious judging by the rest of your post, the game is $50. I don't think it is realistic for a game today with the development costs to be selling for $30 if you want any kind of profit margin. NFL 2K5 selling for $20 was a rare occurrence and people really shouldn't expect something like that to happen again.
I think he meant what frame rate is it running at. 30 or 60?

# 93 mgoblue678 @ 04/20/10 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I think he meant what frame rate is it running at. 30 or 60?

Oops, my bad. Looking at that now, that makes a lot more sense, lol.

Didn't the devs say it was running at 60 somewhere if I am not mistaken?

# 94 Pacman83 @ 04/20/10 11:45 PM
Yea, i meant frame rate, man...thanks

# 95 JayBee74 @ 04/20/10 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
You're right. Let's play it off with irrationality.

Also, what you just said is that it's fiction that we make things up. Fiction means something is made up. I believe you were looking for "More fact".
"More Fiction" is your falsehood about BB supporters heralding a yet to be released game as "the greatest thing ever". You invent a counterpoint to help you support your continued bashing of a yet to be released game.

# 96 JayBee74 @ 04/21/10 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonM
I am in the minority on this one but I really do not have a problem with no injuries or no fatigue. I would prefer to have them both in the game but it's not a game killer atleast for me.

If injuries can't be done properly than they mean nothing and fatigue means very little in football video games. It's window dressing.

To me it doesn't take away from having a full depth chart because you still need to field a team with different players. Example?

Outside of the 24 starters. 11 on offense, 11 on defense and a kicker and punter. You still need multiple backs, multiple te's and multiple WR's. You'll have two and three tight end sets, You'll have 5 wr sets. Same thing on defense. multiple d-lineman and linebackers needed as well as defensive backs depending on what defensive alignments you are playing in. There's speed back vs power short yardage back, There's throwing qb vs scrambling quarterback etc etc etc
YOU'RE IN MY MINORITY, SIR!! WELL SAID. I hope your post enlightens the Backbreaker Bashers (why do they wade around in this forum anyway?).

# 97 Bellsprout @ 04/21/10 12:06 AM
Quote:
"More Fiction" is your falsehood about BB supporters heralding a yet to be released game as "the greatest thing ever". You invent a counterpoint to help you support your continued bashing of a yet to be released game.
Umm, okay. Whatever. I could argue semantics with you all day, I suppose, but I don't think it would go anywhere. You keep blindly worshiping at the altar of Backbreaker, I'll keep my common sense and rationality to myself, since it obviously has no place in this section of the forums.

# 98 mgoblue678 @ 04/21/10 12:07 AM
I have seen alot more people bashing the game with the generic blitz comment or tech demo comment than people acting like it will be the greatest game ever. The general opinion among the people supporting the game seems to be more the game should be fun with some flaws rather than anybody calling it the greatest game ever. Not saying I haven't seen a little bit of that but generally the people looking forward to the game seem to be mostly level headed expecting a fun game with flaws, while I see far more people bashing the game without using a lot of logic. Saying it is NFL Blitz when there isn't much to indicate that is an example.

It is possible to be critical of the game without bashing it as well, I have pointed out some things I didn't like in the videos, but that is different than leaving a generic "NFL Blitz" or "tech demo" comment in every thread.

# 99 kjcheezhead @ 04/21/10 12:12 AM
Quote:
Oops, my bad. Looking at that now, that makes a lot more sense, lol.

Didn't the devs say it was running at 60 somewhere if I am not mistaken?
i'm pretty sure I heard that as well. Something about the game processing at animations 90fps but actually playing at 60fps? Does that make sense?

# 100 Pacman83 @ 04/21/10 12:24 AM
Long as it runs smoothly (360). Thanks.

Anyways, this is no different than the Madden forums. Some folks don't like to hear any criticism for games, especially when they have such high hopes. Chill out, its just video games.
Not expecting BB to be great, i just want it to be solid, cause I'll support it regardless, i can afford to. In then end it better for all three football games.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.