Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Check out the new NCAA Football 11 video featuring offensive styles.

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 NikB13 @ 04/23/10 03:48 PM
I think its safe to say that this video is alot better then the first one. I am officially excited now, but still need to see more good info like this

# 22 geauxfan70 @ 04/23/10 03:56 PM
Seeing that jail break screen is awesome, I've wanted that play forever, here's to hoping it works and isn't another "wr screen"

# 23 str8artist @ 04/23/10 03:58 PM
Good find sir. Looking good IMO. Fellas some of you wake up everyday and post the same type of comments for Madden/Ncaa threads example"Footplanting", "IT's EA", "Im not convinced", "last gen is better", "DREADS", "Looks the same", and "I TOLD U SO"). If you do not plan on not buying the game then why come here everyday and waste your time on a product that you do not support. Move on

# 24 Rocky @ 04/23/10 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylee
I don't understand "it looks the same" either.

This is light years ahead of everything else this-gen.

And it's not like this is just NCAA catching up to Madden from last year either.
This is a definite focus on differentiating the series.

I was very negative about last year. I haven't bought an NCAA since...07 on PS2?

Very excited now.
I'm admittedly a pessimist about this game. I've seen this same song and dance before and it's shaping up to be the same this year. I can point out several instances in this video that look awful from a football standpoint.

The 1:07 mark. I understand that players have to be programmed to go to their pass responsibilities first....but the defensive player on the outside knows it's a run for 5 seconds and still backpedals. WTF? And this doesn't get better on Heisman, the D player will do the same thing and your guy just won't block him. Same song and dance.

The 1:42 mark. The defender obviously has to wrong arm that pull and make the offensive player get yards on the inside. I can't remember the last time I've seen a pull block pulled off like that and it happend 4 times in this video. Again, this doesn't get corrected on a higher level, your guy just won't block him or the CPU player will do this ridiculous move to break the block.

The pass rush...nuff said. The DB/WR interaction...nuff said.

It's the same things man. I'm used to it, I just want an improved dynasty and better presentation. I've accepted the gameplay as ultra flawed.

To end on a positive note, the apparel really adds alot to the authenticity of the game. THAT looks really good.

ps stylee, the play at 1:22 is schematically correct. We called it 22 dive. The tackle helps the SB out with the DE before going on to the LB. The technique is terrible as the SB has to get the inside of the DE (that play goes against the law of physics the way it currently is in NCAA's game), but it was actually one of our strongest plays.

# 25 bh446066 @ 04/23/10 03:59 PM
Although I'm not completely happy with how the running/cutting looks...that's still a huge improvement from 10. I can see a difference, for sure. I'm glad to see the videos starting to get out more. It's like giving a starving man a cracker.

# 26 huntt26 @ 04/23/10 04:00 PM
Looking forward to seeing the players look to the sidelines for the plays.

# 27 kennethxD @ 04/23/10 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
Looking forward to seeing the players look to the sidelines for the plays.
Me too!

# 28 boisejames @ 04/23/10 04:30 PM
They show us what the game actually looks like as you're playing it, pre-snap... Why is all live action footage from a replay? When will they show us actual gameplay footage from someone actually playing the game live? I'm not one of these EA haters or anything and I'm super excited for the game but not showing what the game looks like when it is actually being played makes me feel like they're hiding flaws.

# 29 Solidice @ 04/23/10 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boisejames
They show us what the game actually looks like as you're playing it, pre-snap... Why is all live action footage from a replay? When will they show us actual gameplay footage from someone actually playing the game live? I'm not one of these EA haters or anything and I'm super excited for the game but not showing what the game looks like when it is actually being played makes me feel like they're hiding flaws.
they are waiting until they fully release the ESPN presentational info I suppose.

# 30 ODogg @ 04/23/10 04:46 PM
Any dreadlocks? I can't see the movie.

# 31 Bumble14 @ 04/23/10 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Any dreadlocks? I can't see the movie.
Confirmed no.

# 32 canes21 @ 04/23/10 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConVick
Chain gangs? That's what you really want...really?
So, you don't want chain gangs in the game?

# 33 SageInfinite @ 04/23/10 05:07 PM
Quote:
Chain gangs? That's what you really want...really?
Just an observation bro, relax. I noticed they added refs but no chain gangs and it just adds to another silly thing this series lacks(at the moment). If you knew my history you'd know that's not even close to all that I want.

# 34 ODogg @ 04/23/10 05:13 PM
Well I'm harboring hope that they can somehow get dreadlocks in by the time the game goes gold.

# 35 SageInfinite @ 04/23/10 05:16 PM
Give it up Odogg, it aint gonna happen, lol.

# 36 canes21 @ 04/23/10 05:20 PM
Quote:
Didn't mean for it to sound like that....

....I just hope it's a lot better than Madden's
I didn't mean for it like that either lol. I was just saying, that when saying something like I quoted earlier, its like saying why should they add that. But, why shouldn't they add that is what we should be asking each other.

# 37 SageInfinite @ 04/23/10 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgrindz
Refs but no chaingangs?
Hopefully they'll be added, but if not, I just can't understand EA's/Tiburon's decisions making.

# 38 TracerBullet @ 04/23/10 05:30 PM
Quote:
I see. The way I read it was,"Chain gangs or else..."
I believe his motto is closer to, "Better animations or else..."

Edit: I was hoping to see the Spread no-huddle. Guess I'll have to wait.

# 39 SageInfinite @ 04/23/10 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgators253
I believe his motto is closer to, "Better animations or else..."

Edit: I was hoping to see the Spread no-huddle. Guess I'll have to wait.
We are too far into the generation, and this game is too exclusive for me to put up with anything less than what I expect from a football game.

# 40 Potatoes002 @ 04/23/10 05:42 PM
Was hoping to see the Hurry-up offense in that video, but oh well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.