Madden NFL 11 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 LeonM @ 04/28/10 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan

I did not like this run....I mean it is in the rain, but the rb is able to shift his body up field in a weird way after the juke he did.

I swear I see more gliding in these recent videos than in Madden 10, maybe I'm just remembering wrong....

I will say I like the game planning feature....it would be funny/fun if there was an online mode where it forces both players to use which ever team they pick team's gameplan.

It would be pretty realistic and frustrating funny, if they did a good job researching teams......being stuck using Jimmy Raye's play calls would drive me crazy...but at least I would try to make it work.....almost like a game within a game.
That video is an example of how locomotion could fail. Who in the history of football has ever been able to skate directly across the field. That was an absurd example of acceleration. Locomotion kicks in and Arrington skates full speed to the outside!!... just awful.

# 82 Exonerated @ 04/28/10 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_larry
I see Pro-tak has not been improve much, still only one person making the tackle while the other defenders just fall to the ground.
Absolutely.

# 83 streamline @ 04/28/10 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeStrangeSin
classic madden engine at its finest! I focused on all the gameplay clips and I am very upset with what I saw, the only way im getting this is if I win it in wal marts madden tournaments and even then I might trade it in for something else...
The main problem with the game right now doesn't seem to be the locomotion, but more so how it appears. It probably feels a lot better than the current system we have, but visually it looks like more of the same. Maybe it something with their engine, but even with this new system in place it seems like the players are skating more than planting on a grass field.

# 84 sarlndr @ 04/28/10 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tite50
i think it looks awsome!,remember guys this thing isnt even fully done yet,they got four more months to polish and get stuff right. i know im stoked
It's basically May now, so they have 2 to 2.5 half months left, not 4. So they should be starting to "polish" up soon.

# 85 Pacman83 @ 04/28/10 04:21 AM
Pro-Tak doesn't even look like its on? LOTS of falling, and most broken tackles are strange.

# 86 blitzkrieger @ 04/28/10 07:20 AM
So far the running animations look modestly upgraded.. Still way too stiff, but I'll take any improvements at this time.

I like the quicker games cos this means I can now play more minutes per quarter, get more realistic stats and still have a quicker game. My only concerns with this is will the game feel like one big two minute drill ? And please tell me you can still use hot routes. I hot route about 90% of the time.

# 87 Exonerated @ 04/28/10 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkrieger
So far the running animations look modestly upgraded.. Still way too stiff, but I'll take any improvements at this time.

I like the quicker games cos this means I can now play more minutes per quarter, get more realistic stats and still have a quicker game. My only concerns with this is will the game feel like one big two minute drill ? And please tell me you can still use hot routes. I hot route about 90% of the time.
Of course you can hot-route.

# 88 CreatineKasey @ 04/28/10 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz Freak
Did you even read my post, and what I quoted? What does that have to do with loco-motion??
Yeah I did, cowboy. You said that EA isn't working on any SIM features and just producing gimmicks for quick sales (usual rhetoric). I said locomotion is a massive sim feature, effectively discrediting your point.

I usually don't like to confront posters because it doesn't really help, but that post really annoyed me so I figured I'd inject some logic into the discussion... it didn't take much.

# 89 boooey @ 04/28/10 10:12 AM
yea, the players look just like the NCAA video to me.. like they are skating on ice.
I do like the whole idea of a gameplan, and the offensive coordinator calling in plays to you.
Lets hope that its implemented 100%, and working as it should, and not yet another half implemented feature.

Some good info here, but man, i really dislike these over produced EA infomercials that they use to get the game details out..

# 90 roadman @ 04/28/10 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
yea, the players look just like the NCAA video to me.. like they are skating on ice.
I do like the whole idea of a gameplan, and the offensive coordinator calling in plays to you.
Lets hope that its implemented 100%, and working as it should, and not yet another half implemented feature.

Some good info here, but man, i really dislike these over produced EA infomercials that they use to get the game details out..
It's a looooooooooong way to July, my friend. haha

# 91 Gosens6 @ 04/28/10 11:23 AM
I don't know, people seem to picky I think it looks great. The one thing that is bothering me though is what other people have mentioned and thats the tackles. The extreme absence of pro-tak is a serious let down. Every tackle I saw was a one on one takedown with other defenders just falling around them.

# 92 johnnyg713 @ 04/28/10 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey

Wow really? I think NCAA movement looks much better than this

# 93 BezO @ 04/28/10 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan

I did not like this run....I mean it is in the rain, but the rb is able to shift his body up field in a weird way after the juke he did.

I swear I see more gliding in these recent videos than in Madden 10, maybe I'm just remembering wrong....
Yeah, the foot planting still leaves a lot to be desired. That looks terrible. For what it's worth, I complained heavily at CD.

# 94 23 @ 04/28/10 12:13 PM
Ive been trying to tell you guys that. This was in NBA Live

That's exactly why I said you would hate it. A soccer movement does not belong in basketball nor football.

Wait til you feel it though, especially on defense when you would otherwise be able to cut off a lane and the guy takes 10 seconds to do a cut.

There really is no footplanting in this sense. It was there in Live 09 and taken out and replaced by this. Enjoy it though, you will probably like some aspects of it, and some of it, case in point you wont.

# 95 johnnyg713 @ 04/28/10 12:21 PM
Makes me mad because according to the CD guys and from what I recall the locomotion engine they put in last year was great and in some aspects like cuts were better than this years.

# 96 blocknose @ 04/28/10 12:53 PM
so rather than making the Money Plays less effective they just made it easier for you to call those plays and nothing else big step backwards in my opinion make the computer cover the money play better

# 97 johnnyg713 @ 04/28/10 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Yeah, the foot planting still leaves a lot to be desired. That looks terrible. For what it's worth, I complained heavily at CD.
Did they say they planned on fixing it? or do they seem to like it the way it is?

# 98 ch46647 @ 04/28/10 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
but what i've seen in NCAA vids the running doesnt look that ridiculous. In this vid the guy never plants a foot or slows down at all, he just moves wherever the person wants and never slows down at all. In NCAA though the running looks better.
This... I can almost guarantee you that Madden will have better foot planting and locomotion then NCAA as well. Madden has more resources to work on the game and fine tune it.

# 99 HolyCrap @ 04/28/10 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blocknose
so rather than making the Money Plays less effective they just made it easier for you to call those plays and nothing else big step backwards in my opinion make the computer cover the money play better
i agree. people pick so few plays cuz they kno how to glitch the cpu and call plays that always work. hopefully they improve the cpu AI

# 100 roadman @ 04/28/10 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz Freak
Then why is NCAA always a better game? Game-play wise, and graphics...
I don't agree that NCAA was better last year, not at all.

A lot of game play issues.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.