Home
Backbreaker News Post

According to quite a few people at the official Backbreaker forums, you can pick up your copy Saturday (tomorrow). Call ahead, just to make sure.

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 81 dickey1331 @ 05/29/10 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkboy
Actually, they're doing this because they're Gamestop and they have enough power to manipulate publishers, especially a smaller one like 505.

This isn't the first game they've done this with. They did the same thing with Modern Warfare 2. The owner of my local Play N Trade gets pissed at our two Gamestops because they're always doing this to her and it costs her preorders.

Its got nothing to do with the AI issues, its more about capitalizing on sales early.
I really dont think Backbreaker is going to be taking a lot of sales from other stores.

# 82 elgreazy1 @ 05/29/10 09:37 AM
I hate all of you right now!!!!!!

<--Ebay copy won't ship until Tuesday.

# 83 Eski33 @ 05/29/10 10:00 AM
The demo was beyond disappointing. Hopefully, this game isn't $60....

# 84 Spear @ 05/29/10 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
Just as an FYI for any Canadian BB'ers, I called the Gamestop/EB where I pre-ordered BB and they said they didn't receive any emails about releasing it tomorrow.

This is also likely due to the fact that I may in fact be the only person in Canada to have pre-ordered this game
They said the same thing to me. Might call another one today to see what's up.

# 85 TheShizNo1 @ 05/29/10 10:12 AM
Called Blockbuster and they said they arent selling it till June 1st

# 86 Phobia @ 05/29/10 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Called Blockbuster and they said they arent selling it till June 1st
I am going pick up my preorder from gamestop in 2 hours WOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 87 Spear @ 05/29/10 10:44 AM
Note to those who are in Toronto:

Called the EB at the Eaton Centre, they said they have it in. Both PS3 and 360.

Now I'm debating if I pull the trigger...

# 88 CWSapp757 @ 05/29/10 11:06 AM
Ya know, I've been having the same issue since last night Spear. But today I realized my credit card bill for this month is a lot less than I anticipated. So why the heck not right? I'm going to get it now.

# 89 allBthere @ 05/29/10 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
Note to those who are in Toronto:

Called the EB at the Eaton Centre, they said they have it in. Both PS3 and 360.

Now I'm debating if I pull the trigger...
I'm not going to the eaton centre...i hate going there. There are 2 EB's close to me, one walking - if the walking one has it I'm going hands down, anything else I probably can't as I'm throwing a party tonight.

plus rashad rampage tonight

edit: my local EB won't sell it - he was like the street date is in the computer and there is no way that's going to change. I told him Eaton Centre is doing it and he said they will get in trouble most likely - guy was a douche. I know he didn't actually really look into it or anything.

# 90 fliplm0de @ 05/29/10 01:22 PM
Just got it, can't wait for the demo. The GS i went to only had 4 copies per console.

# 91 Spear @ 05/29/10 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I'm not going to the eaton centre...i hate going there. There are 2 EB's close to me, one walking - if the walking one has it I'm going hands down, anything else I probably can't as I'm throwing a party tonight.

plus rashad rampage tonight

edit: my local EB won't sell it - he was like the street date is in the computer and there is no way that's going to change. I told him Eaton Centre is doing it and he said they will get in trouble most likely - guy was a douche. I know he didn't actually really look into it or anything.
What location? I might head to my local one, if not I might bite the bullet and go down to the Eaton Centre.

# 92 allBthere @ 05/29/10 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
What location? I might head to my local one, if not I might bite the bullet and go down to the Eaton Centre.
hey man...i called eaton centre because my will power faded...the girl said they are not selling and to come by june 1.

My location is near yonge/eg and they are not selling.

# 93 allBthere @ 05/29/10 01:28 PM
Spoiler

# 94 Spear @ 05/29/10 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
hey man...i called eaton centre because my will power faded...the girl said they are not selling and to come by june 1.

My location is near yonge/eg and they are not selling.

I know this place that always breaks street dates if they think you're alright, it's gameshack at bloor and yonge in a little strange mini-mall. They make you pay cash though and make it so there is no change. I want to pay visa, so I'm not doing that.
It was some dude at the Eaton Centre who told me they were selling it. I'll call again before I head down.

Yeah the Yonge and Eglinton EB told me the same thing yesterday. I'd try Game Shack but I have an EB card that I want to use up.

EDIT: Called them all (including the girl at the Eaton Centre), all of them are saying June 1st now. Once again us Canadians get the short end of the stick. The one guy at Dufferin said they had it but can't sell it till the 1st.

# 95 bkrich83 @ 05/29/10 01:49 PM
Just picked mine up. Heading home to fire it up.

# 96 ChampN252 @ 05/29/10 02:13 PM
Just got mine. I love you Madden guys, but this game is working on a different formula and cheaper. I couldn't say no. I'm on the rocks with Madden. I'm leaning toward skipping this year.

# 97 tef @ 05/29/10 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Chargers4Now
Haha what a tradgedy for me. I called gamestop and they said they hadnt even HEARD of it. She said that she had heard of FACEbreaker but not BACKbreaker lol shame.....
Did you call the store in Hiram by any chance? When I went this morning the girl said someone called last night and she had no idea what they were talking about. They have the game in stock in the back.

# 98 GOBLUE_08 @ 05/29/10 02:36 PM
Just picked mine up as well, traded in some old games and ended only paying 10 bucks and change for BB. Im almost positive its worth at least that lol.

# 99 p_rushing @ 05/29/10 04:29 PM
I went ahead and picked mine up. I don't know if I'll open it, maybe after reading some more about it.

My Gamestop didn't even know they could sell it. I had to tell them to read their email. They had 6-8 copies for 360 and 1-2 for PS3. I guess they aren't thinking many PS3 users will buy.

# 100 BlackJack_Williams @ 05/29/10 05:00 PM
Just picked mine up for the PS3
Took 2 gamestops in Oklahoma and a little scare but hey, about to fire it up

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.