Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

It looks like the rumors were true. Michael Jordan is your cover athlete for NBA 2K11.

Quote:
"Michael Jordan might be retired, but he’s still the most powerful force in the basketball marketing world. He has proved that in the shoe business and now he’ll get his chance on a video game cover.

Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports, confirmed to CNBC.com that the Charlotte Bobcats owner will appear on the cover of NBA 2K11, which will hit stores on Oct. 5."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 shindiana @ 06/03/10 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os

Close enough right?
Did you do it?
It's a great cover!

# 102 DaveDQ @ 06/03/10 09:23 AM
Michael Jordan is retired and he doesn't play anymore, but he's Michael Jordan and his name speaks very positively to what basketball is to fans. It's not a campaign to "wish" he was still playing.

And I think for 2K Sports this is deserving. One thing they have been able to do with their NBA 2K series, particularly with this console generation, is rise above the competition. They have been outbid for the NFL, their baseball game has had a less than average run, hockey is dismissed, along with Choops.

I think the normal expectation is anticipate a current player and wonder who, but with MJ on the cover I think it's a very positive thing.

# 103 econoodle @ 06/03/10 09:31 AM
good stuff.
i wonder if they will do multiple covers?

Hoping praying they will add the entire Knicks early 90s roster.
as well as the rockets.

I gotta get mase in their face and remember to take out a cold Starks for Rolando Blackman late in the game.

Just for Pat Riley.

But if they do add these teams they best not use the same coaches.
I dont wanna see friggin Mike D'Antoni screaming at Oakley after a silly foul.

That would take me right out of it.

# 104 DaveDQ @ 06/03/10 10:02 AM
One thing I hope Jordan does is lead the online department to make the game play better online. I mean, he's developing the game now, right?

# 105 youvalss @ 06/03/10 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
One thing I hope Jordan does is lead the online department to make the game play better online. I mean, he's developing the game now, right?
2K will have to get Phil Jackson, so he can show MJ that he doesn't need to do it all by himself...

# 106 MrMayface @ 06/03/10 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt957
I hope so because it wouldn't be right. I want to be able to play as MJ, Pippen and the Bulls against the Bad Boys Pistons and catch hell and hard fouls. I want to be able to play against the Knicks and have scuffles in The Garden. I want to be able to play against the Lakers, Blazers and Suns for the 1st three-peat. I want to be able to win the 4th ring against Seattle on Father's Day and cry on the floor. I want to be able to play with the flu for ring 5 and hit The Last Shot for ring 6. (They better have all the Jordan shoes as well.) Plus all the other rivalries that brought heat and fights like the Pacers - Knicks, Knicks- Heat, and the rest.
After reading your post, a thought popped up in my head. How about in the Association they put Jordan in as one of the draft prospects. Then after that season he gets drafted. It would be cool if 2K has him built so that his rating improve the same way his career did. So you could actually have him playing against Lebron or Wade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shindiana
Now can we have MJ on the cover of College Hoops 2K11 in a North Carolina jersey?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os

Close enough right?
This would be great. Their not making this game are they?

# 107 halltj2 @ 06/03/10 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpe14
Now im curious to see who nba elite brings in
They should put both Magic and Bird on the cover

# 108 drlw322 @ 06/03/10 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtownboy15
Agreed...MJ is my favorite basketball player of all time, yet it's 2010 not the 90's MJ had his time to shine let other players have theirs....I could care less who is on the cover of the game the case doesn't see the light of day once i take the disc out of it
I don't see how he's your favorite player of all time. If you say this. You weren't old enough to appricate jordan when he was in his prime. When he won his 1st championship you were like only 1 or 2 years old.

# 109 youvalss @ 06/03/10 11:27 AM
If there's a real playable MJ character and some of the past great teams, it does matter.

# 110 rspencer86 @ 06/03/10 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
If there's a real playable MJ character and some of the past great teams, it does matter.
I can't imagine MJ being on the cover and NOT having a playable character. That would be asinine.

# 111 WTF @ 06/03/10 11:44 AM
I'm hoping they don't mess it up, and not allow historical players to be played with in association and season modes.

# 112 halltj2 @ 06/03/10 11:53 AM
http://kotaku.com/5553664/michael-jo...11s-cover-star

Is the image of him in this link just a created one?

But either way I can't imagine him not being playable, however I would like to see other legends in the game, maybe one per team or something to level out the playing field.

# 113 bonbonan @ 06/03/10 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shindiana
Did you do it?
It's a great cover!
That's a great cover but then that MJ is not that cool compare to now.

# 114 ifriedrice @ 06/03/10 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by halltj2
http://kotaku.com/5553664/michael-jo...11s-cover-star

Is the image of him in this link just a created one?
It's a PC Modded version of him from NBA 2K9.

# 115 BOSsTOwN @ 06/03/10 12:14 PM
hope they have classic and all time teams aong wit the decade teams they always have.

like in college 2k8 when they had alltime and classic teams.

# 116 Altimus @ 06/03/10 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I'm hoping they don't mess it up, and not allow historical players to be played with in association and season modes.
I remember that from Madden. lol

# 117 kolanji @ 06/03/10 01:09 PM
i hope that they have a collectors edition for this one!this is history and the greatest thing to happen on ne cover of ne sports game ever.and i want to be a part of it.(with fingers cross) i hope this truly reflects the contents of the game by the presentation on the cover man himself the hall of famer the team owner the icon the legend MJ

# 118 23 @ 06/03/10 01:11 PM
I'd definitely buy the collectors edition

# 119 ScoobySnax @ 06/03/10 01:13 PM
"NBA 2K11: Legendary Edition"

Autographed Bulls memorabilia
MJ "G.O.A.T" DVD
MJ Behind the scenes at 2K
Play the 1992 NBA Playoffs with retro arenas, uniforms and accessories

I hope this wasn't just a dream.

# 120 Jukeman @ 06/03/10 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I'd definitely buy the collectors edition
I'll buy it for $150 (well $180) and wont even play it...

ugh... Im buying into the gimmick crap!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.