Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Manage your school using the web in NCAA Football 11. Read all about it, at ESPN Videogames.

Quote:
"With "NCAA Football 09", EA Sports introduced football fans to their version of an online dynasty where gamers were able to play in a conference with up to 12 players, but managing your school had to be done through the console. This year, the team behind "NCAA Football 11" is finally taking the feature full-force to the Web, enabling gamers to log onto their dynasty anywhere they have access to the Internet, whether it's on a computer, iPhone, or even an iPad.

That's right, now if you an extra 20 minutes to kill at work (or if you just don't feel like working), you can log onto your team online, schedule a game, try to recruit that strong-armed quarterback for next season, and even write up a news story about how you destroyed Florida the night before and post the story to Facebook.

Talk about a productivity killer. "NCAA Football 11" is set to cost corporate America millions of dollars in lost time just so Dan from Palo Alto can try to convince some virtual running back that Stanford is the best place for him to high-step down the field next season.

But that's just the start of what EA has planned.

I recently had the chance to sit down with NCAA Football 11" producers Ben Haumiller and Russ Kiniry to get the inside scoop on the game's new online dynasty features.

Video highlights of a player's entire career? Team highlights that extend to 60 seasons? That's only just the beginning."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 DaRealist01 @ 06/10/10 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPOMAN
Souns like something they did with madden 10.
I don't think Madden 10 was nearly as deep as this suppose to be. I hope they make it more depth though.

# 142 DJ @ 06/10/10 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
This is great news, but my only concern is when it comes to things like conference invites and job offers. Things that add to the offline experience maybe not being available in an online dynasty. If that stuff is in online mode, then awesome. If not, then I'll still be running an offline D alongside my online one.
Yep, that's the only question I have if I convert my offline dynasty to an online one ... will the job offers and coaching changes still be there?

I'm really impressed with what EA is doing to this game this year. Looking like a Day 1 purchase for me.

# 143 gogators @ 06/10/10 10:10 AM
This is amazing!!

# 144 ODogg @ 06/10/10 10:19 AM
Wow, fantastic news. This will really help to move online dynasties forward. However, as a writer the feature i'm most excited about is doing these post-game write-ups. I remember back on Leaguedaddy I think I spent more time on writing pre and post-game writeups than I did playing the actual game.

# 145 mavfan21 @ 06/10/10 10:37 AM
I am a solo player only but I will be putting my dynasties online for sure! This is GREAT. No need to have a dynasty blog to keep track of my teams progress. Also, the ability to recruit and adjust rosters from my phone or laptop means I can screw around with my dynasty while watching TV with the wife, bonus!

# 146 Dame @ 06/10/10 10:37 AM
I wonder can the commissioner advance the week VIA online or only through the console....this will also help a lot

# 147 ODogg @ 06/10/10 10:55 AM
I am praying we can advance via web but my money is on us not being able to..

# 148 Danimal @ 06/10/10 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettouch
I wonder can the commissioner advance the week VIA online or only through the console....this will also help a lot
I want to know the same thing. Being able to advance the week from the web would be incredibly helpful.

# 149 RynoAid @ 06/10/10 11:46 AM
i believe the advances and offseason stuff have to be done through the console.

# 150 rudyjuly2 @ 06/10/10 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
I am a solo player only but I will be putting my dynasties online for sure! This is GREAT. No need to have a dynasty blog to keep track of my teams progress. Also, the ability to recruit and adjust rosters from my phone or laptop means I can screw around with my dynasty while watching TV with the wife, bonus!
Co-sign. This is awesome!

# 151 The GIGGAS @ 06/10/10 11:51 AM
And I'm going to go preorder now. Jizz in pants and all.

# 152 Linuxx @ 06/10/10 11:53 AM
This is great...now with reading these forums at work and doing NCAA roster moves with recruiting, I will be putting in overtime at work with just keeping up with everything…..wont my boss be impressed!! fficeffice" />>>

# 153 Cito2009 @ 06/10/10 11:54 AM
I really hope you can advance the season from a computer. That would be the best feature they could add to this whole thing. Not sure why you wouldn't be able to. PLEASE be able to... Also the off-season on the computer would be great too.

# 154 RamblinWreck21 @ 06/10/10 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito2009
I really hope you can advance the season from a computer. That would be the best feature they could add to this whole thing. Not sure why you wouldn't be able to. PLEASE be able to... Also the off-season on the computer would be great too.
Both of those would be great!!

# 155 jeremym480 @ 06/10/10 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinWreck21
Both of those would be great!!
+1.

You know what would be even greater? If we could create (or edit) prospects on the web. I mean can you image being able to set the amount of 5* prospects and creating them at whatever position we want and such? That would be awesome.

I know it's probably too much to ask for this season but, web-based roster/player editor would take this game to a whole new level. With that said, I'm still unbelievably happy with every thing I've heard so far. I couldn't be more excited for this game!

# 156 Koolie G @ 06/10/10 01:07 PM
These are awesome features. Great work EA. I love the online dynasties and this will just make me more interested in them. I'll write a recap, they are always fun to read after your games. Plus you can keep up with what the other people in your OD are doing and how their games went. I am gonna love this feature.

Also, recruiting from the computer will be wonderful. No more me telling the fiance I need 30 minutes more on the ole XBOX because I have to recruit. And then have her explain to me how they are not real people and I'd rather recruit fake highschoolers than spend time with her. Now I can still recruit fake highschoolers AND spend time with her. WIN - WIN! Thanks EA.

# 157 MizzouBravesFan @ 06/10/10 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
As an online commissioner....

I "heart" these new additions. Getting 12 guys through an offseason of recruiting is going to be muuuuuuuuuuch easier.

And...the email alerts will be used extensively.

Awesome additions all the way around this year.

Big applause for EA.
Yessir...the Legends Dynasty just got even more legit.

Can't wait!

# 158 HokieB @ 06/10/10 04:23 PM
Sorry... I never play online.

Can you use edited rosters online (e.g., player names)?

# 159 Solidice @ 06/10/10 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
Sorry... I never play online.

Can you use edited rosters online (e.g., player names)?
you can use any roster set in online dynasty. the commissioner/host sets it up.

# 160 md0t @ 06/10/10 04:59 PM
i just hope the gameplay is better, this does not excite me.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.