Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

E3: Madden NFL 11 Ravens vs. Titans Gameplay (off-camera) featuring Ray Lewis' pre-game routine. For those of you that can't view the videos from OS, check out and subscribe to our Youtube channel.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Valdarez @ 06/16/10 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
If you can manage to make the most exciting broadcaster in football sound like a generic bore, it's over. Nothing can save you.
Madden 11, featuring Gus Hammond! Seriously, how did they manage to turn Gus Johnson into Hammond? That takes some serious skill there.

# 42 HealyMonster @ 06/16/10 12:11 PM
Man, I am one disappointed cat. I know,I know. By now I should not be getting my hopes up for Madden, but I really thought something would shake out. I thought Gus Johnson would make a difference, I thought maybe they added better presentation, I just thought that there would be something I could cling to to make me play this game.

Gus Johnson sounds just like Tom Hammond, and while I tend to be a lot more picky about things than the average dude here, I dont see anyone arguing that. Which is sad. It literally took like 20 seconds of gameplay to basically render their biggest thing worthless. LOL. I wonder how this will effect his career. He doesn't want like the NFL network using Madden and showing his commentary, noone will hire him lol.

Presentation is essentially the same. Same stupid overlays "Bo Scaife caught 2 passes today averaging 24 yards" I have been watching the NFL for 28 years andf I have never seen that overlay. Possibly towards the end of the season when talking about yards per game or something, Madden shows it after every other play. WTF.

These guys have issues, I mean these jokers stated thatlast year "They just threw cut scenes in there to be there with no rhyme, reason, or purpose. Now, I obviously have an issue with them saying that outright, but OK. Lets not go there. What does that say for this year when its the same crap? It doesn't look like they even touched presentation. I saw 0 new overlays, the same crap happens when you kick a field goal and the camera changes just as the ball goes in, I mean this is literally like the twilight zone or something.

# 43 ch46647 @ 06/16/10 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
Man, I am one disappointed cat. I know,I know. By now I should not be getting my hopes up for Madden, but I really thought something would shake out. I thought Gus Johnson would make a difference, I thought maybe they added better presentation, I just thought that there would be something I could cling to to make me play this game.

Gus Johnson sounds just like Tom Hammond, and while I tend to be a lot more picky about things than the average dude here, I dont see anyone arguing that. Which is sad. It literally took like 20 seconds of gameplay to basically render their biggest thing worthless. LOL. I wonder how this will effect his career. He doesn't want like the NFL network using Madden and showing his commentary, noone will hire him lol.

Presentation is essentially the same. Same stupid overlays "Bo Scaife caught 2 passes today averaging 24 yards" I have been watching the NFL for 28 years andf I have never seen that overlay. Possibly towards the end of the season when talking about yards per game or something, Madden shows it after every other play. WTF.

These guys have issues, I mean these jokers stated thatlast year "They just threw cut scenes in there to be there with no rhyme, reason, or purpose. Now, I obviously have an issue with them saying that outright, but OK. Lets not go there. What does that say for this year when its the same crap? It doesn't look like they even touched presentation. I saw 0 new overlays, the same crap happens when you kick a field goal and the camera changes just as the ball goes in, I mean this is literally like the twilight zone or something.
Agreed, I just dont know what to say. I am usually very optimistic when it comes to Madden but there is just nothing anybody can say to defend this effort. The game and presentation look nearly identical to Madden 10. It looks like the Tiburon team just does not have what it takes to make a good football game (except for the graphics). EVERY aspect of the game other then the graphics are light years behind other sports games, including games within EA with smaller development teams in NHL and FIFA.

# 44 splff3000 @ 06/16/10 12:24 PM
Quote:
lol, I was thinking this very same thing as I was reading through the posts lol.

# 45 RGiles36 @ 06/16/10 12:27 PM
Quote:
I can understand everything you said aside from this paragraph and the bolded. For one, M10 barely had any real stat banners last year. You often got that little pop-in within the score hub to tell you that you're linebacker had 2 tackles (d'oh!) but there were little to no stat banners. And the banners that did show usually gave us something useless like the history of the franchise.

That said, though I haven't seen a lot of gameplay to check the sequencing, I'm happy to see stat banners. I hope that they are frequent so that I'm not having to press pause to get an idea of how my QB/RB/WR are performing.

I do wonder why EA/Tiburon went with a sentence-structure for their stat updates i.e. "Bo Scaife has 2 catches and averaging 24 yards". Most if not all broadcasts break stats down a little less wordy:

Catches Yards TD
2 24 0

...or something to that effect. That's what I wanted to see .

# 46 XtremeDunkz @ 06/16/10 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketRocket
I may be in the minority here, but I see that as a good thing. What good is it to add new features when the features added in the previous version, Madden 10, aren't firing on all cylinders ? It seems as if the focus,for Madden 11, is correcting the current flaws, and fleshing out the vision that they, Tiburon, had for Madden 10.
that would be fine if the gameplay really looked greatly improved; sadly it looks like minor updates at best.

# 47 Victory23 @ 06/16/10 12:32 PM
Only thing I can say that's different is that the game moved with a little more flow.

Can't really see any changes.

# 48 XtremeDunkz @ 06/16/10 12:33 PM
yeah the sentences in the stat banners don't make any sense, really bothered me last year. Why do they always try to change everything to make it "their way" its not what the people want.

# 49 XtremeDunkz @ 06/16/10 12:34 PM
on another note though the graphics look amazing......guess that is a plus...

But I will still be there at midnight...because I am part of the problem.

# 50 spankdatazz22 @ 06/16/10 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
So much for my commentary hopes. Playing Madden is like going to a wake. A few words are said, followed by moments of silence and contemplation.

EAAnthony Quote: "How do you fill all that time" (in reference to commentary)
Valdarez: "Banter Anthony. Banter" *sigh*
That's both sad and funny at the same time. Reminds me back in my Maddenmania days last gen when someone asked a developer what they doing to fix bump and run (which was basically just dancing at the LoS) and the developer said "What's wrong with it?".

It's proof positive that the problem is Tiburon imo. They finally - FINALLY - add nice ESPN wipes and increase the replay frequency, but screw it up by having some Tiburon-super-close-up view that takes a person totally out of any sense of tv-style presentation. Combined with the commentary looking pretty poor at this point, and I can't believe that this is looking like it'll be another year where they can't surpass NFL2K5 in the Presentation dept., a game that's been standing still for the past 6yrs.

The only way these guys are gonna get it is if credible reviewers start holding their feet to the fire and stop rating the game based on Tiburon's own poor next gen efforts, and start making judgment calls on where the game should be. It shouldn't be some sort of accomplishment to start getting back to where they were 5-6yrs ago. Because the game isn't bad enough that it's going to turn people off when they don't have any other NFL options.

# 51 mm boost @ 06/16/10 01:00 PM
Wow, simply put...this game is gorgeous. Animations, graphics, lighting, movements, muchhhh improved. I can't wait to play this game. I am so excited!!

# 52 bigsmallwood @ 06/16/10 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
Wow, simply put...this game is gorgeous. Animations, graphics, lighting, movements, muchhhh improved. I can't wait to play this game. I am so excited!!
Sarcasm at it's finest...or a bad joke lol

# 53 DGuinta1 @ 06/16/10 01:20 PM
Looked hawt though seemed really FAST! =O

# 54 DGuinta1 @ 06/16/10 01:27 PM
Darn no "lock-on' feature in M11! Booooooooooooo

# 55 rangerrick012 @ 06/16/10 01:41 PM
Was I the only one that noticed that the Ravens' chant sounded the exact same as the Saints chant pre game? Please don't tell me they only recorded one chant....I didn't hear the "What Time is It" chant. SMH EA...

And the ice skating? Collinsworth with the same lines I despised in Madden 10? Wow...

# 56 Victory23 @ 06/16/10 01:47 PM
Watching it again, Vince Young was basically forward moonwalking.

# 57 mm boost @ 06/16/10 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
Sarcasm at it's finest...or a bad joke lol

No, serious as a heart attack. Some of you people will never be pleased, i personally love what I am seeing. It looks to play just like NCAA 11 demo, and if this is true, I am one happy camper. NCAA 11 plays great this year, I think EA has done a fine job. I don't have high expectations. If I did, then I'd be sorely disappointed and never appreciate anything I get.

# 58 spankdatazz22 @ 06/16/10 01:58 PM
They really need to stop taking a cookie cutter approach to defense also. At no time do I ever think it's the Ravens defense out there. Nothing to fear, no real reason to gameplan against a defense, not much to worry about in terms of mismatches/accounting for certain players. Same as it has been with Madden for years, the defense seems more like a prop

# 59 DGuinta1 @ 06/16/10 01:59 PM
Why do some see the moonwalking/ice skating and some don't? What the hell? To me it looks good. I am confused. =\

# 60 Vikes1 @ 06/16/10 02:05 PM
I remember a time not so long ago there seemed to be a grace period of sorts that most people were very upbeat about the game. Seems as though that grace period is gone. Along with many gamers patients.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.