Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Gameinformer has posted the first review of NCAA Football 11.

Quote:
"Offensive line blocking receives a boost thanks to reworked double-teams and edge blocking on sweeps – which you can now see diagrammed before the snap. That being said, it’s not perfect, and you’ll still see some boneheaded blockers miss their assignments. The most glaring mistake happens when backs try to step up and block on pass plays. This is hard to do when they just stand in your quarterback’s lap. These little annoyances (and some from year’s past – like magnet catches and canned interception animations) keep the game from being perfect, but they aren’t enough to spoil my enjoyment of the game as a whole.

NCAA’s dynasty recruiting is another area of the game that makes a big leap forward while still retaining some of its old flaws. Being able to do it all on your browser is a huge plus, and the improved feedback recruits offer lets you know exactly where your program and pitches stand in relation to the competition. That said, there’s no getting away from the fact that recruiting is still a grind, and if you want to get blue chippers you have to be willing to put the time in (or pay up the recruiting microtransactions). Despite these improvements, it’s confusing when you are awarded the same number of points for topics in which the recruit had differing levels of interest."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Motown @ 07/07/10 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moojenowski
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new PA announcer, just the minor inclusion of hearing him belt out that EJ Manuel was coming in for Christian Ponder over the loudspeaker had me grinning ear to ear.
Where did you see & hear this bro?

# 42 guttertalk @ 07/07/10 01:08 PM
Sorry, but this is half a review. If you're not playing online, you're not playing a significant part of this game, especially with the online dynasty.

Also, I don't believe for a second that the reviewer played even a full year in dynasty mode, let alone 2-3. And given the problems of NCAA 10 with recruiting problems and skill progression, this is an important part of determining if this game is better.

I'm just a little suspicious that the sliders all worked perfectly, especially after the 2-3 releases.

The lack of any of that info makes this review nearly useless.

# 43 bh446066 @ 07/07/10 01:49 PM
I'm a little confused about tuner sets:

If multiple tuner sets are released, you can only use 1 set at a time, right, even if you've downloaded several of them? If you like 1 aspect of tuner set 1.0, and another aspect of tuner set 2.0, you won't be able to play with them both, just 1? That would be frustrating, don't you think? It would make slider adjustments a nightmare too. Maybe someone can shed some light on this for me?

# 44 Radja @ 07/07/10 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCashus
Nice review. I'm glad this game is getting 9's, even though most people will see that as no big deal because the last few editions of the game have been getting mid 8's.
there are only a few truly good sports game reviewers around. to give a good review, you
need time with a game.

typical review:

(insert sports game here) is the best version ever. they fixed the flaws from last year. if you loved (insert sport here) you will love (insert sports game here).

then 1 week or less later, OS explodes with complaints of game-killing flaws, (insert developer here) says we knew that would be a problem. we promise to fix it in the upcoming patch. upcoming patch breaks items that were working fine before.

OS explodes with posts that this is the final year i buy this game. wars begin. bans imposed. people make nice. the next year we repeat the same ole stuff.

after last years substitution problems, this is a definitely a wait and see game for me.

# 45 Pokes @ 07/07/10 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radja
there are only a few truly good sports game reviewers around. to give a good review, you
need time with a game.

typical review:

(insert sports game here) is the best version ever. they fixed the flaws from last year. if you loved (insert sport here) you will love (insert sports game here).

then 1 week or less later, OS explodes with complaints of game-killing flaws, (insert developer here) says we knew that would be a problem. we promise to fix it in the upcoming patch. upcoming patch breaks items that were working fine before.

OS explodes with posts that this is the final year i buy this game. wars begin. bans imposed. people make nice. the next year we repeat the same ole stuff.

after last years substitution problems, this is a definitely a wait and see game for me.
I know what you mean after NCAA 08-10 I pretty much was going to give up on the series but after playing the demo I changed my mind. I hope this game will reach the level that I regard NCAA 00, 04, 07 at as being some of the best games that really advanced the series.

# 46 darknmild @ 07/07/10 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
I personally thought NCAA 2010 was more deserving of an 8.7 - 8.8 last year. I had a lot of fun with it
i agree

# 47 Super Glock @ 07/07/10 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radja
need time with a game.

typical review:

the truth...

# 48 drae2 @ 07/07/10 04:52 PM
I'll just wait until OS reviews this puppy before I make any decision. Some of the sites like IGN, Gamespot, etc, wouldn't know a good football/sports game if it came up and slapped them in the face.

# 49 bosox15 @ 07/07/10 06:05 PM
To those of you who are questioning why GameInformer broke the embargo, it's obviously because EA gave them permission to. If they'd broken the embargo, they'd be in trouble. Instead, EA advertised the review today on Twitter. Clearly they wanted a positive review to come out early.

# 50 Cusefan @ 07/07/10 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosox15
To those of you who are questioning why GameInformer broke the embargo, it's obviously because EA gave them permission to. If they'd broken the embargo, they'd be in trouble. Instead, EA advertised the review today on Twitter. Clearly they wanted a positive review to come out early.
Its pretty obvious that most reviews are going to be positive

# 51 da ThRONe @ 07/07/10 06:58 PM
I like what has been done this year. But my last thought for this game is no Coaching Carousel. I will get pass it and I will(barring any major hic-up)purchase it this year.

# 52 Shawnj86 @ 07/07/10 07:22 PM
sounds ok i guess

# 53 NDFan1029 @ 07/07/10 08:18 PM
The reviewer mentioned the rocket catches still being in the game. I thought they said they were fixing that glitch?

# 54 DonkeyJote @ 07/07/10 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosox15
Game Informer could've blasted the game, and EA wouldn't do a thing. Game Informer is owned by Gamestop which has already sold a ton of this game with their advertising and preorders.

# 55 Cusefan @ 07/07/10 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFan1029
The reviewer mentioned the rocket catches still being in the game. I thought they said they were fixing that glitch?
lol what? there is no mention of the word Rocket catch in that article

# 56 Thaen @ 07/07/10 09:36 PM
Hmm Gameinformer gave "Dragon Age:Origins" a 9/10, so that could be really good news for NCAA 11 if the best RPG of this decade got a 9/10, or it could be another tid bit on how Gameinformer misjudges games.

# 57 blackscorpion11 @ 07/08/10 03:06 PM
I tune out the commentary most of the time anyway, glad to hear that the lbs play defense over the middle.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.