Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 canes21 @ 07/16/10 07:04 PM
The receiver catches the ball, starts celebrating, turns towards the sidelines and starts running over there to get a breather, then Gus Johnson yells,"He's got it! Touchdown!" Really EA?

# 22 at23steelers @ 07/16/10 07:12 PM
My question: "why does the commentary have a 5 second lapse between start of play until Gus' voice?"

Ian Cummings response: "Oh I see now - demo build? Seems like a bug there since the demo is not a final build"

Ian Cummings 2nd response: "Oops, may not be a bug, Ronnie just reminded me they cut out a ton of commentary to make it fit in the demo."

# 23 Goffs @ 07/16/10 07:14 PM
Eh its a demo guys I really don't think they tweaked it to synch right....I'm surethe full version will be synched better

# 24 iva-chargers-fan @ 07/16/10 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus205
Delay of game....On the announcer
HAHAHA 4 real the announcer sounds soo borring....so far the best announcers have been from madden 07.

# 25 Fedor_52 @ 07/16/10 07:19 PM
wow i can't believe that so many people are buying this game!

i don't really care for the announcing thing, but what is wrong with that running game? that looks so off!

EA needs some competition!

# 26 iva-chargers-fan @ 07/16/10 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
My question: "why does the commentary have a 5 second lapse between start of play until Gus' voice?"

Ian Cummings response: "Oh I see now - demo build? Seems like a bug there since the demo is not a final build"

Ian Cummings 2nd response: "Oops, may not be a bug, Ronnie just reminded me they cut out a ton of commentary to make it fit in the demo."
that makes sence i get it now..

# 27 blklightning @ 07/16/10 07:50 PM
that was like watching a movie with out of sync audio. i really hope this is the fault of the video. if not, commentary will be turned off because that is beyond annoying.

"he's looking to turn the corner."

gus, he turned the corner 5 yards ago. wake up, fella.

# 28 roadman @ 07/16/10 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
that was like watching a movie with out of sync audio. i really hope this is the fault of the video. if not, commentary will be turned off because that is beyond annoying.

"he's looking to turn the corner."

gus, he turned the corner 5 yards ago. wake up, fella.
Read the quote above your post.

Ian explains it on Twitter.

# 29 blklightning @ 07/16/10 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers

well, that's still not an adequate explanation. the play by play needs to be in sync with what's happening on the field. so far as i can tell, he's saying there is missing filler from collinsworth?

oh well. not a big deal for the demo; it's the retail copy that i care about.

# 30 jpdavis82 @ 07/16/10 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
well, that's still not an adequate explanation. the play by play needs to be in sync with what's happening on the field. so far as i can tell, he's saying there is missing filler from collinsworth?

oh well. not a big deal for the demo; it's the retail copy that i care about.
What Ian is saying is that they had to take out some of Gus' commentary to fit it in the demo.

# 31 patsfan188 @ 07/16/10 07:56 PM
He actually did say lester. hopefully bugs like these are just in the demo. but Im skipping the game till christmas and getting nhl when it comes out

# 32 blklightning @ 07/16/10 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Read the quote above your post.

Ian explains it on Twitter.
yup. saw it after i hit submit.

# 33 jpdavis82 @ 07/16/10 08:00 PM
Here's another gameplay video of the demo

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/maddennfl11/video/6269376/madden-nfl-11-gameplay-movie-j-e-t-s-jets-jets-jets-#toggle_video

# 34 davep @ 07/16/10 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
What Ian is saying is that they had to take out some of Gus' commentary to fit it in the demo.
Right...but it's still way too late. And if it sounds so poor on the demo, why did they even choose to put it in halfheartedly?

Honestly, I think the Madden audio crew needs to go and have new blood hired...they've been pretty bad for awhile now (writing, implementing AND choosing announcers) and I'm not sure why they still have their job.

Gameplay looks alright, just boring and stale to me.

I honestly can't believe their 'big thing' is gameflow this year. In some interviews Ian just sounds kind of defeated and apathetic, like he's getting pressure from management on how to develop the game and they're restraining his creativity.

# 35 seriousluboy83 @ 07/16/10 08:08 PM
there it is again...coach calls it perfectly..."let's pound the ball up the middle on this run. And if they blitz maybe we can evade and get a big gain."...then BOOM!!! the exact thing he just said happens...scripted

# 36 roadman @ 07/16/10 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
Right...but it's still way too late. And if it sounds so poor on the demo, why did they even choose to put it in halfheartedly?

Honestly, I think the Madden audio crew needs to go and have new blood hired...they've been pretty bad for awhile now (writing, implementing AND choosing announcers) and I'm not sure why they still have their job.

Gameplay looks alright, just boring and stale to me.

I honestly can't believe their 'big thing' is gameflow this year. In some interviews Ian just sounds kind of defeated and apathetic, like he's getting pressure from management on how to develop the game and they're restraining his creativity.
They already hired a new sound man. I don't think it's the writing or choosing of announcers(except for Hammond), just the way it's implemented.

I don't know if your last paragraph has any merit. Ian already admitted he hates the camera. The developer series turned from a 2 hour job to a 6 hr job. If that happened to me, I'd be pretty ugly looking too.

# 37 Dog @ 07/16/10 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus205
Delay of game....On the announcer

5 yard penalty, repeat 1st down.

wait.. what?!?!?!

# 38 bxgoods @ 07/16/10 09:28 PM
The commentary from Gux Johnson and the coordinator talking about the play don't match well.
The Coordinator sounds so calm, and then out of nowhere Gus just comes out screaming the action lol.

I don't think Gus Johnson is a good choice for a video game announcer, he screams whenever he talks, he doesn't sound right in a videogame. Only way he would work if there were two announcers, one calm one, and one Gus.... in his screaming glory lol.

# 39 PantherBeast_OS @ 07/16/10 09:52 PM
The videos looks good. Can't really get a feel for Gus Commentary in this short video right now. But I can't wait to play the demo. Thanks for posting bro.

# 40 Alliball @ 07/17/10 03:02 AM
Is Cris Collingsworth friends with Michael Irving?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.