Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Source - ESPN Videogames

Quote:
"What if Portland drafted Michael Jordan instead of Sam Bowie? It's the question that has been keeping Blazer fans up at night for decades, but "NBA 2K11" is finally going to let you see what life is like with His Airness in the City of Roses. In fact, any NBA fan who ever dreamed of Being Like Mike, or at least having Air Jordan leading their franchise to a title is sure to be intrigued by the game's new MJ: Creating a Legend mode."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 syncity14 @ 08/11/10 08:26 PM
Great idea, wrong jersey tho. I'm sure they'll fix it

# 82 UnusualMattyB @ 08/11/10 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
I am about to cry.
ha....agreed

# 83 bigeastbumrush @ 08/11/10 08:51 PM
Wow.

Amazing concept.

Kudos to 2K on this...incredible idea and implementation

EDIT: I'm not even a MJ fan. I'm diehard Knicks and despise MJ.

But I gotta give props where due.

This is ingenious.

# 84 jWILL253 @ 08/11/10 08:52 PM
Um... I'm gonna say it here and now:

NBA 2k11 will be THE GREATEST SPORTS VIDEO GAME EVER RELEASED.

Yeah, that's right, I said it.

PS: If I have the option, I will not hesitate to put him on the Seattle Sonics (His Airness + The Glove = WIN!!!); otherwise, he's staying on the Bulls...

# 85 reptilexcq @ 08/11/10 08:53 PM
Well, i am guessing Jordan will never be playable online right?? Seeing that everything is about offline. If not, here's my suggestion:

1. For Jordan to appear online, IT MUST BE random and SURPRISE. So when you pick a team (any team), you might get lucky if Jordan show up on your team. This seems to be the only legit way to have Jordan online. Other way is...

2.Have classic teams ranking. So you're ONLY picking classic teams. OR
3.Classic vs Modern ranking. So one user is going to be picking a classic team while the other pick a modern team.

# 86 eko718 @ 08/11/10 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL10
Um... I'm gonna say it here and now:

NBA 2k11 will be THE GREATEST SPORTS VIDEO GAME EVER RELEASED.

Yeah, that's right, I said it.

PS: If I have the option, I will not hesitate to put him on the Seattle Sonics (His Airness + The Glove = WIN!!!); otherwise, he's staying on the Bulls...
Seattle won't be an option, nor will the Glove. Oklahoma City will be though. This mode is with the current NBA teams and players.

# 87 MagicFan4Life @ 08/11/10 09:16 PM
Is the "Creating a Legend" mode only for Michael Jordan or is it the new "My Player"?

# 88 mvp kobe @ 08/11/10 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicFan4Life
Is the "Creating a Legend" mode only for Michael Jordan or is it the new "My Player"?

only jordan

# 89 ParisB @ 08/11/10 09:27 PM
Can't say it's a feature I would ever use for more than a couple of minutes.

# 90 MagicFan4Life @ 08/11/10 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp kobe
only jordan
Well that sucks! I want to hear about My Player, Online features, association 3.0, etc.

# 91 BobbyColtrane @ 08/11/10 09:37 PM
Idk man this isnt sim at all and i will never even click on this mode...not for me.

I would much prefer that this same aging process happens to all the other players in assoc mode.

# 92 bigsmallwood @ 08/11/10 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy703
sorry if i want to have complete control over my player and everything they do, thats why im leaning towards elite this year... sorry i dont want to be dragged into long animations all the time... 2k is a great game i just want more control, not more animations.
If you read the blogs and posts you will find out that there is going to be more control....that is one of the first things that was mentioned.

If you want to buy Elite, that is cool. Let's not make this a vs. thread. The talk and info here is about NBA 2K11 and what they have released is a mode(s) that a LOT of people will like.

# 93 XenoZograscope @ 08/11/10 09:39 PM
Ah man this keeps getting better and better...."Stop teasing me 2K!!" LOL.

# 94 MagicFan4Life @ 08/11/10 09:42 PM
The only thing I think will be cool is the Jordan challenge. I think the Create a Legend mode is a waste of time when you can have My Player.

# 95 NINJAK2 @ 08/11/10 09:49 PM
Quote:
All i have read is game modes, and i little bit about them revamping passing and dribbling supposedly giving you 1:1 control over your player... I have yet to hear them say we are giving more control over the player... I'm sure that they are only going to add a couple 100 more animations... yes the animations look good, but that doesnt drive gameplay... can someone please tell me one significant gameplay improvement 2k has released... just let me know it maybe something i overread
Did you read this flyboy?
http://community.2ksports.com/commun...d=2796112&l=11

# 96 TUSS11 @ 08/11/10 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
You know what would be funny is if they went all Matrix-like for online play and made all of the NBA teams have a Jordan team with all Jordans. And all the Jordans would be anywhere from young Jordan to old Jordan. So like every online game would be a team of 5 Jordans of differing looks, ages, etc vs another team of 5 Jordans of differing ages, looks, skills etc. That’d be insane!! They could even have Jordans that never existed, like an all-gray haired, goateed version of Jordan. Like Jordans from an alternate universe. And of course the coaches would be…Michael Jordan. And the refs? Michael Jordan.

It’d be about that point that I’d realize I had slipped into a downward spiral of NBA2K11 insanity and they’d probably cart me off to the funny farm.
We get it, you want a Jordan orgy.

# 97 TUSS11 @ 08/11/10 10:02 PM
Jordan on any team besides the Bulls (ok, maybe the Wizards too) seems peculiar. I'm definitely surprised by the community reactions. I swear some here would eat up anything 2K fed to them, but if it's what people want then all the power to you 2K. I'll be sticking with My Player though.

# 98 Goffs @ 08/11/10 10:04 PM
well this thread turned into "convince me" thread to imma complain till I get noticed...

# 99 youvalss @ 08/11/10 10:06 PM
Quote:
make it 5 times now
When you get to 12,986 (not even one less or more), post again. We can't wait to hear about it!

# 100 23 @ 08/11/10 10:08 PM
Im going to say this one time and once only

Stop coming into this thread trolling about something the topic is not about

This is not a complain thread, its about
2K Announces Michael Jordan: Creating a Legend Mode, First Rookie Jordan Screensh

If that is too hard to understand and follow through with then you are breaking the TOS is you continue.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.