Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

2K Sports just sent us this higher resolution screenshot of Michael Jordan, in his rookie season, in NBA 2K11.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Goffs @ 08/11/10 10:24 PM
Agreed with the oversized calfs...i think the lower half of the body is still being used globally...meaning they will use the same leg models...

# 22 ZoneBlitz @ 08/11/10 10:27 PM
They are missing a follicle of hair on his head. Also, they are missing about 34,562 skin cells, and about 9,867,410 atoms from his thumb. By the way, I'm not sure they properly captured his tooth enamel, the blood vessels in his right eye, and about 2 creases on the inside of his left index finger.

If they don't fix those things, that's it for me. I can't understand why developers don't just fix stuff like this. Really, 2k!? Is it that hard to determine the exact length of his finger nails. Gimme a break!!

This really, really sucks.

# 23 milin @ 08/11/10 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by esilk
If this is a pic from the new mode, Its right. They said that you can play with rookie MJ in todays NBA not from 1984
That's it. I don't know what they're complaining about.

# 24 killah13600 @ 08/11/10 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
His nose looks off and I'd bet his shorts were a bit shorter back in '84.
His nose is off?? are u crazy?? look at that picture with him smiling ^ up there & then compare it wit da game... u tell me whats up?

# 25 23 @ 08/11/10 10:49 PM
While most people probably are satisfied with the screen, for the simple fact that its MJ, its going to be looked at sharply.

From his leg sleeve to his armband, people are going to notice everything.

# 26 EmmittSmithx22x @ 08/11/10 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
While most people probably are satisfied with the screen, for the simple fact that its MJ, its going to be looked at sharply.

From his leg sleeve to his armband, people are going to notice everything.
you are 100% right. people will find something to nit pick about because its MJ.

# 27 aloncho11 @ 08/11/10 11:26 PM
2nd year MJ looks beefed up much like 2K's A.I.

# 28 RubenDouglas @ 08/11/10 11:50 PM
They are gonna get the full force of all the "nitpicks". i hope they're ready. they were barely capable of doing the current nba teams. now they have past stuff?

It's past my time and effort to nitpick so I'll have fun with whatever.

jersey cut especially around the neck is way off. basically its the same as the current stuff. but the older stuff was way more slim fitting. so they can try to make it look like rookie mj all they want, but itll never come close without a different jersey model.

# 29 trentrud @ 08/12/10 12:16 AM
I believe this is a picture from MJ's rookie year:

2K11 will probably have the other Chicago road uniform available, but otherwise, it looks good to me.

# 30 hollywood @ 08/12/10 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by esilk
If this is a pic from the new mode, Its right. They said that you can play with rookie MJ in todays NBA not from 1984
This.

It's a different mode, where you can draft MJ into the current NBA as a rookie. The uni is right for this mode.

# 31 mikenoob @ 08/12/10 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood
This.

It's a different mode, where you can draft MJ into the current NBA as a rookie. The uni is right for this mode.
The picture clearly isn't from the "Become Legendary" mode. He has short shorts on, therefore it's incorrect.

# 32 RubenDouglas @ 08/12/10 01:45 AM
btw, that celtic logo at center court is 1984 era specific... that suggests to me, we are seeing a mj moments mode character, a true "rookie"

Except for maybe the color.. wheres the lime green at? lol

# 33 23 @ 08/12/10 01:48 AM
Wally...good to see you still around man

LOL they should've brought you up there by now for the colors

You had just the right obsession to make it work

# 34 youvalss @ 08/12/10 01:53 AM
I'm assuming MJ helped 2K guys with his look. If he got it wrong, who are we to correct it?

# 35 LeBronistheKing @ 08/12/10 02:36 AM
Now that I see it in higher resolution he looks a little too big to be acurate to the time period in 85-86 MJ was pretty slim. Here is a pic from that very game I think it's the shoulders on the player model that is throwing it off at least from that angle. That and I agree that Mike was a little darker skinned.

# 36 RubenDouglas @ 08/12/10 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Wally...good to see you still around man

LOL they should've brought you up there by now for the colors

You had just the right obsession to make it work
Hibernation mode has been in effect it seems from a few weeks after launch of these games, up until about August. The itch is there.

Btw, if that is the Boston Garden, as the half court logo suggests, why is there a lcd ribbon reflection on the court?? I'm telling you, let go of these obsessive nitpicks, because it will just kill any fun you may be wanting to have. Unless of course, it's a static banner but my eyes are telling me thats one of the upper deck lcd animated banners. Era specific art is almost impossible to accomplish without at least 50% errors.

# 37 LeBronistheKing @ 08/12/10 03:30 AM
Also during the 63 point game Michael was wearing red shoelaces instead of the black ones featured in the pic. As well as higher socks and shorter shorts (though the shorts in the pic might be the accurate length it could just be the angle it's hard to tell) Also there was no NBA logo on the jerseys at that time, but I'm pretty sure those things are editable with the probable exceptions being the shorts and NBA logo on jerseys.

.....Another thing I noticed the Bulls and number on the jersey apears to be stitched like the current Bulls jerseys when at that time all the way up to 1992 their jerseys had a more glossy ironed on look to the lettering and numbers. Notice the ironed on shiny glare appearence in these pics.

# 38 lkasprzak @ 08/12/10 03:49 AM
My good, looks incredible

# 39 bmchoszen @ 08/12/10 03:53 AM
It might be the 1986 Jordan not the rookie
The Arrival

When: April 20, 1986. Game 2, 1st round playoffs vs. Celtics

but either way he should be slimmer from the body and face as well. And legs and arms need to be longer. Face needs to be more narrow. Jerseys should fit tighter and shorts should be a lil shorter.

His body is way to buff for that stage of his carreer that body looks like it should be on the 91-93 jordan not the 84-86 jordan

# 40 Jakeness23 @ 08/12/10 10:11 AM
he should definitely be a little darker, but it's still early and at least they're releasing information about the game. cannot wait for oct. 5th!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.