Home
NHL 11 News Post

During the NHL 11 Developer chat today, it was announced that the NHL 11 demo will be released in North America on Tuesday August 17th and in EU on Wednesday August 18th. (On the 17th, 2AM PST for X360, and between 1-5PM PST for PS3)

Quick overview of what is included in the demo. You will get a first look at HUT. What is included in HUT will be a starter pack, with a mix of prospects and some rare cards. You will get to play through an offline tournament. Each portion of the tournament bracket you get to play will be the 3rd period of the game. You win? you move on, you lose? you start from the beginning of the tourney.

We will also be including Battle for The Cup in the demo as well. Very similar to last year. It will be Chicago vs Philly, 3rd period of Game 7.

Just the way first party works. Demo dates are subject to first party, so if it they don't launch on these days, it'll be due to issues to first party release.

In case anyone is wondering, your demo HUT team is only for the demo and will not carry over when you buy NHL11. We will be releasing a blog later this week / weekend, outlining all demo info.

UPDATE: Here are some ways you can earn some free HUT packs through the demo. 1) Play the demo. 2) Win the HUT tourney in the demo 3) Invite a friend to the NHL11 demo. To be clear, you will NOT earn 2 packs if you play the demo and win the HUT tourney. You will either get 1 free pack for playing the demo, or 1 free pack for winning the tourney. So when you play the demo, you have an opportunity to get 2 free packs for your actual HUT team in NHL 11.

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 boritter @ 08/13/10 02:00 AM
I guess I'll take a break from NCAA on Tuesday.

# 22 actionhank @ 08/13/10 04:41 AM
Guess i had better hurry up and get Xbox live back again.

# 23 Flyermania @ 08/13/10 07:54 AM
Can't wait!

# 24 06woz @ 08/13/10 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Oh well, I'll appreciate it that much more when I get it back...hopefully with few days of the demo before it releases so I'm not that far behind when I whoop you guys in Ultimate Team. There is a lot I don't like about the mode, but there is a lot that might be fun about it as well.

I'll try it for what it is, I suppose.

They (Microsoft) are giving me a free month of Gold which is awesome. Xbox customer support was really great to work with!!!

If you have a little bit of disposable income, i'd suggest just buying the new 360(360s). More hard drive space, quieter, built in wifi. It's convenient in so many more ways.

# 25 Gametheory71 @ 08/13/10 11:24 AM
As Tobias Funke would say

HUZZAH!

# 26 swil @ 08/13/10 06:19 PM
This thread makes me happy in my pants..... gotta go.

# 27 MizzouRah @ 08/13/10 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
This demo is the only thing that will keep me from playing NCAA.
I was just thinking that myself.

# 28 onlybygrace @ 08/13/10 10:37 PM
Quote:
Well, since my Xbox crapped out and is being sent to Microsoft tomorrow (hopefully), I'll be relying on the communities impressions. What a buzzkill after all this waiting.
Due to scheduling conflicts between my employer and my local UPS service center, this guy isn't getting his Xbox sent until Monday. Making the wait at least 2 days longer at least.

I think my NHL 11 flu is running like 104.8...

and the cure is delayed. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

# 29 voodoo_magic @ 08/13/10 11:11 PM
Quote:
Due to scheduling conflicts between my employer and my local UPS service center, this guy isn't getting his Xbox sent until Monday. Making the wait at least 2 days longer at least.

I think my NHL 11 flu is running like 104.8...

and the cure is delayed. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
lol, just be thankful to the video game gods that it happened now and not 1 day after the game came out.

# 30 onlybygrace @ 08/13/10 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_magic
lol, just be thankful to the video game gods that it happened now and not 1 day after the game came out.
Oh man, no doubt. lol!!! I'd be headed to what they like to call 'The Sixth Floor' in this town. Thats the floor of our hospital that we keep the nutcases, if you didn't assume so already.

# 31 slickdtc @ 08/14/10 10:16 AM
Suuuhhhweeet. I don't usually get too up for demos, but I've had my eye on NHL 11 ever since 2k announced no 2k11. This is the one new sports title I'm getting this year and I think it's going to be totally worth it.

# 32 Lubey @ 08/14/10 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Suuuhhhweeet. I don't usually get too up for demos, but I've had my eye on NHL 11 ever since 2k announced no 2k11. This is the one new sports title I'm getting this year and I think it's going to be totally worth it.
If you've never owned an EA NHL game since 07 you'll be in heaven. There is going to be way too much to do in this game. I've spent the vast majority of my time in EASHL. Last year I couldn't get much into Be a GM because EASHL was too addicting. Now we have HUT. That's 3 major (and really fun) game modes. Most sports games have 1.

# 33 Flyermania @ 08/14/10 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Maybe we'll have to have some online games on the PS3 this fall slickdtc...what do you think?

# 34 PVarck31 @ 08/14/10 03:10 PM
"This is just a real nice surprise." Its time too

# 35 akula @ 08/14/10 04:07 PM
nhl 11 should have NO MORE MODES other than Online dynasty. focus on the graphics, gameplay and presentation!

# 36 ether @ 08/14/10 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akula
nhl 11 should have NO MORE MODES other than Online dynasty.
Some people don't like to play online and if EA went in that direction, I know for certain I wouldn't buy it again and I'm sure there are others who wouldn't as well.

# 37 savoie2006 @ 08/14/10 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ether
Some people don't like to play online and if EA went in that direction, I know for certain I wouldn't buy it again and I'm sure there are others who wouldn't as well.
Yeah, not much for online play though I do occasionally get on for some OTP. I think having options only serves the game well. Can't wait to play the demo, which just happens to drop on my days off as does the release day for the game .

# 38 Vikes1 @ 08/14/10 06:26 PM
I suppose this sounds kinda silly but...I've enjoyed NHL '10' so much, I'm almost kinda thinking....please EA Canada, just don't screw something up.

I hate to sound paranoid, but man, the '10' game is so dang close to being perfect for me. I guess I'm just being a worrywart.

# 39 nolesfan69 @ 08/14/10 09:57 PM
I am really looking forward to the demo on Tuesday. The new physics is
something that I am really interested in.

# 40 actionhank @ 08/15/10 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolesfan69
I am really looking forward to the demo on Tuesday. The new physics is
something that I am really interested in.
I can't wait to crush someone with Pronger.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.