Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

For those of you that can't view the videos from OS, check out and subscribe to the OS Youtube channel.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 cavsfan2 @ 08/12/10 11:56 PM
rEAnimator: first of all the clip looks great and im gonna get it first day or preorder.
i have one request for a game mode though, maybe an extension of dynamic season that lets you replay specific moments such as a buzzer beater and you can just hop into the game at that moment... idk this is more of a request for Elite 12 because i know you guys already have alot on your plate

# 42 rEAnimator @ 08/12/10 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 115carmelo115
He means the first gameplay trailer
You mean a trailer with high production value, fancy music and graphics and stuff?

Or just extended 5v5 footage?

If it's the former, I have no idea. The latter should be coming soonsih. Whatever that means exactly

# 43 Hulkules @ 08/12/10 11:57 PM
Hey Reanimator, thank you again for your presence on these boards, but will the verticals be toned down before shipping so we dont have to do it. Plus the fact it will be more realistic... Thanks again.

# 44 ParisB @ 08/13/10 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
You mean a trailer with high production value, fancy music and graphics and stuff?

Or just extended 5v5 footage?

If it's the former, I have no idea. The latter should be coming soonsih. Whatever that means exactly

i never cared for fancy trailers in any game...show us the goods!!! (as in unedited 5v5 gameplay for at least 3 or 4 possessions)

# 45 ParisB @ 08/13/10 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajknows
I hate to keep being negative on these vids but the A.I. has me worried.

Gasol looks lost, he should be going toward the basket for a pass or the rebound but instead he doesn't watch the ball he takes off to go back down the court with no clue.

Pierce acts like he wants to help on Kobe but retreats to cover his man, he should have continued to the basket in that instance to help and or get the rebound.

And Bynum is setup calling for the ball while Kobe is driving and 2 feet away from him.

Please tell me it will get better before time to ship.
That seems like a little bit of over analysis, IMO. Pierce had no business doing as such. He wasn't the help defender, but you can argue that he thought about it which is fine. It didnt strike me as a poor AI instance, especially if it happened normal speed.

Bynum calling for the pass isn't "wrong" either. The user dribbled too close. You can't really expect every single player to move 100% accurately in every single instance. This isn't real life.

And for Gasol, he probably could/should have cut harder once his man left to help on Kobe, but i think if you dished it to him he would be in a position to score a layup or dunk anyway (depending how quick KG recovered).

All in all, I think basketball AI in video games is improving a lot every year so we can't really complain about every little detail. Some of the things we complain about is because we take things for granted. You should have seen basketball video games a couple of years ago.

# 46 ParisB @ 08/13/10 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
I hate the gliding and skating which is evident in this video. Are they ever going to get rid of this?
out of all the basketball games I have ever played (wink wink), Live had by far the least amount of sliding. In this video it's also very minimal, but then again we're looking at it in super slow motion and LOOKING for things to not like.

# 47 Epiffani @ 08/13/10 12:52 AM
I like the physical brand of defense that Allen played on that possession vs Kobe despite sliding into position to stay in front of him a bit. I know if I did try to do a move similar to the spin that Kobe executed in this video in 10' that more than likely, I would have gotten tied up in an animation of some sorts, and there would have been even more skating occurring than it is in this video; however, the physical brand of defense that Allen played that ended up forcing Kobe to his off-hand and to his left, was negated a bit by the lack of physicality & violence in the contact between Garnett and Kobe. I've watched the video several times and not once have I been able to identify the point of impact that altered the shot in such a dramatic fashion, which intern makes the contact in the paint look cumbersome and unnatural. I would have also liked to see the way this video looked at real speed because at slow speed, it appears that any contact between the defender and the player on offense causes them to go a bit adrift into this type of "floaty" animation.

I can definitely see the upside in this new system in comparison to Live 10', but I can also see that I may have to brace myself for some very awkward, and head scratching moments as they continue to hammer at this system.

# 48 DubTrey1 @ 08/13/10 01:18 AM
Well, I will say this - Elite has the accessories and shoes on point. Everything else - not so much. It's still early and development is still going on - so I guess we all will see how they pull all of this tech together. Hope they can do it - cuz they have some great concepts.

# 49 The 24th Letter @ 08/13/10 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiffani
I like the physical brand of defense that Allen played on that possession vs Kobe despite sliding into position to stay in front of him a bit. I know if I did try to do a move similar to the spin that Kobe executed in this video in 10' that more than likely, I would have gotten tied up in an animation of some sorts, and there would have been even more skating occurring than it is in this video; however, the physical brand of defense that Allen played that ended up forcing Kobe to his off-hand and to his left, was negated a bit by the lack of physicality & violence in the contact between Garnett and Kobe. I've watched the video several times and not once have I been able to identify the point of impact that altered the shot in such a dramatic fashion, which intern makes the contact in the paint look cumbersome and unnatural. I would have also liked to see the way this video looked at real speed because at slow speed, it appears that any contact between the defender and the player on offense causes them to go a bit adrift into this type of "floaty" animation.

I can definitely see the upside in this new system in comparison to Live 10', but I can also see that I may have to brace myself for some very awkward, and head scratching moments as they continue to hammer at this system.
Good post as usual E....

I guess for me....nothing has hit me as "real time physics" from these videos....If we werent being told that it was in the game, nothing shown as of yet would jump out at me, as "Wow, they really worked on physics this year!"

Im guessing ill get a better view of the engine when 5 on 5 vids come out, or the demo...

# 50 rEAnimator @ 08/13/10 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Murder
Shouldn't this be clip #6?
They've got two videos on their facebook page labeled as video #5.

Dammit EA, when will you get it right???

( sorry, couldn't resist ...it's late...I'm tired)

# 51 rEAnimator @ 08/13/10 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Murder
rEAnimator

Next year is it possible to add limb contact because in clip #6 Allen arm went right through Kobe?
It's something I would like to seriously explore, but I cannot say for sure one way or the other right now.

It would be a great compliment to the foundation we're laying this year. The icing on the cake so to speak.

# 52 tedus @ 08/13/10 01:45 AM
Hi rEAnimator

what do you think the jumping hight of kobe??

many people all think kobe jumps too high...?

is it possible to twink it ??

thanks...

# 53 rEAnimator @ 08/13/10 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedus
Hi rEAnimator

what do you think the jumping hight of kobe??

many people all think kobe jumps too high...?

is it possible to twink it ??

thanks...
Yeah, we can definitely tweak it.

It might be a little high, but to be honest from the camera angle in the video it's really hard to tell. I wouldn't feel comfortable saying it's too high or not based only on that.

Perspective is a tricky thing and it can really fool the eyes.

I'll see if I can measure it though, make sure it's not too crazy.

If anything I think KG gets a little too high on the collision animation (I think that's a bug, as people pointed out he goes up which is wrong), but I don't think Kobe looks too bad...maybe with the gather he got...but could he get that high period...hard to say.

# 54 RayDog253 @ 08/13/10 02:01 AM
Yeah, I think we can judge once we finally get some 5 on 5 videos from the gameplay perspective/camera. At first I thought Kobe jumped way too high, after watching it again I'm not to sure now.

# 55 Haval93 @ 08/13/10 02:16 AM
Like the video overall but a couple of things bugged me in it.

When Kobe goes up for the dunk he already beat Garnett because by the time he got up, Kobe was in Mid-Air and should of push Garnett before he even jumped up. His momentum should of just plowed through him and should of easily finished the dunk or very close finger-roll above the rim.

It's a WIP so I will give it the benefit of the doubt. Also loved how at the end Kobe knew he was going to fall and braced for impact, nice to see some awareness of his surroundings.

# 56 dirtypuppet @ 08/13/10 02:18 AM
I'd say Kobe's vertical is OK, just no higher than that and we're all good. It's just KG who's jumping out of the gym which needs to be addressed.

# 57 rEAnimator @ 08/13/10 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haval93
Like the video overall but a couple of things bugged me in it.

When Kobe goes up for the dunk he already beat Garnett because by the time he got up, Kobe was in Mid-Air and should of push Garnett before he even jumped up. His momentum should of just plowed through him and should of easily finished the dunk or very close finger-roll above the rim.

It's a WIP so I will give it the benefit of the doubt. Also loved how at the end Kobe knew he was going to fall and braced for impact, nice to see some awareness of his surroundings.
This is based on both ratings, weight, height and momentum so it won't always play out the same way.

# 58 Flava Flave @ 08/13/10 03:09 AM
Hey rEAnimator are you able to miss dunks? For example the player will go for the dunk, but instead of getting it in the hoop he will hit the back of the rim.

# 59 rEAnimator @ 08/13/10 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flava Flave
Hey rEAnimator are you able to miss dunks? For example the player will go for the dunk, but instead of getting it in the hoop he will hit the back of the rim.
I have seen it happen, but it doesn't happen a lot. Not sure why, but the adjusted dunk into a circus shot is much more common right now.

# 60 Flava Flave @ 08/13/10 03:12 AM
Oh ok thanks for the reply and great job on the game. I can't way to try out the new controls.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.