Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

IGN has just posted their NBA 2K11 hands-on preview, as they explore everything Michael Jordan will bring to this year's game.

Three new screenshots can be found, right here.

Quote:
"Last but certainly not least is a mode called MJ Create-a-Legend that opens up after you've completed all ten challenges. The premise is simple: players insert Rookie Michael Jordan into any team they want (yes, you can run with Lebron, Bosh, Wade and Jordan on the Heat if you want) and then try to develop him into the player we know and love, but with the current crop of NBA talent. Jordan's look will change as you progress through his career and will mirror the physical differences that we saw as he moved from '80s Michael to late-'90s Michael. He begins as a high-flying youngster with an overall rating of 79 and it's up to you to bring him to greatness. The gameplay performs just like My Player in that you're player-locked to Michael Jordan and will have to complete different objectives for each game."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 aloncho11 @ 08/14/10 03:21 AM
Well there are licensing issues with Charles...don't think the 93 Suns will be included...

# 62 datboimall @ 08/14/10 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
yea i know that ur right about the part that is bold above....but all am saying is that it would have been better for me to c that animation of Jordan holding on pippen after the flu game.to me that was a spoiler...now am afrade to read another article about the Jordan challenge for spoiler reasons.so i was hoping that this ign preview is the last about the challenge.can we now get an indepth insight on defense?

I feel u on this an i for 1 will not be reading anything else dealing with jordan in the game...big time spoiler

# 63 datboimall @ 08/14/10 11:34 AM
all they have to do if we cant get certain players in the game is to add the camera thing from fight night an tiger woods like other people were doing to add there faces simple

# 64 aloncho11 @ 08/14/10 01:44 PM
Or an option to upload a photo to create a face for Barkley and others, like in other sports games.

# 65 youvalss @ 08/14/10 01:53 PM
Was it Live 2000 that enabled you to create faces using pictures with all those little dots? It wasn't great in Live 2000 (I've been trying to create Ron Harper for hours and it never looked good...LOL), but I think it's a nice tool to have in sports games.

# 66 aloncho11 @ 08/14/10 02:51 PM
You still have that game running? Cool

# 67 youvalss @ 08/14/10 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
You still have that game running? Cool
Nahh, that was 10 years ago. But I remember it like it was yesterday... (now there's a flashback for the viewers at home...)

# 68 bigsmallwood @ 08/14/10 03:06 PM
This game is going to be amazing!!!

# 69 Mr.Steal_Yo_Girl @ 08/14/10 08:20 PM
This is nice. Everythimg is on point. I already Pre-Ordered it.

# 70 neptuneniq @ 08/14/10 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT
as a guy who grew up watching him (like everyone else) I am so f'ing excited. However...........

to be nitpicky -

in the final shot of MJ - the AJI's did not have the Jumpman logo on the show as it had not been created yet..... maybe they must put that logo in since it is now 'the' label.

but DAMN! Mike looks good.

they cant put nike on air jordans anymore

# 71 RIZDRAVER @ 08/14/10 09:14 PM
If there's not a Mini-Game of having to wrestle the ball away from Randy Brown, I'm not buying this game.

# 72 Goffs @ 08/14/10 10:38 PM
Hey flyboy every post you make ends up having elite in it...I'm surprised you're not banned yet...

# 73 UMhester04 @ 08/14/10 11:17 PM
They should make a toonsquad version of Jordan. Seriously.

# 74 LeBronistheKing @ 08/15/10 12:06 AM
If Hare Jordan.........

And the "Hare Jordans".............

End up in this game I'm going to lose it. Ha Ha

# 75 infamyice @ 08/15/10 12:51 PM
Not really feeling the My Player mode for Jordan, unless the My Player mode is nothing like 2k10's

# 76 MJ23Sebastian @ 08/16/10 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamyice
Not really feeling the My Player mode for Jordan, unless the My Player mode is nothing like 2k10's
Yea I might give it a try because its jordan but I really never even used in 2k10!

# 77 BezO @ 08/16/10 12:08 PM
Did I read that correctly? We have to complete all the challenges before we can use rookie Jordan in a season? And that season has to be My Player?

We can't put Jordan in the normal season mode?

# 78 aloncho11 @ 08/16/10 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
If Hare Jordan.........

And the "Hare Jordans".............

End up in this game I'm going to lose it. Ha Ha
Man those are some nice AJ's...they're a combination of AJ1 and AJ7 plus the Hare Jordan logo

# 79 Jamesmaster @ 08/16/10 05:38 PM
I must admit that initially I thought this was more of a gimmick, but the IGN preview has got me very excited. The signature moves and attention to detail will be impressive.

# 80 aloncho11 @ 08/16/10 06:16 PM
It's going to be awesome!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.