Home
NBA 2K11 News Post
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ai2k2 @ 08/23/10 01:23 PM
2k11's scorers table boards should be in LED like in real life instead if the scroll shceme of ad's like it in the old days. It seems as if the NBA has upgraded to that.

# 22 bigballa21 @ 08/23/10 01:28 PM
For the detractors mike said in his twitter that this build from Gamescom is Weeks old so you can't really judge it yet until you get your hands on the game.....From what Da czar is saying it should be pretty good this year the icing on the cake for me will be info about Online play

# 23 Goffs @ 08/23/10 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ai2k2
2k11's scorers table boards should be in LED like in real life instead if the scroll shceme of ad's like it in the old days. It seems as if the NBA has upgraded to that.
yeah i asked for that in the wishlist thread i guess it didnt make it through...no biggy...theres always next year

# 24 bearschicago @ 08/23/10 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-BigGeorge
I'm not feeling the whole 1 second cut scene of players randomly getting out of a bus. Just like the whole concession stand cut scene in the older NBA 2K games.
Its because the user is pressing the buttons to skip intros.

# 25 bearschicago @ 08/23/10 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
yeah i asked for that in the wishlist thread i guess it didnt make it through...no biggy...theres always next year
Can't PC's mod this?

# 26 Goffs @ 08/23/10 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
Can't PC's mod this?
i dont think so...you can make it look like an LED but it would look out of place...

# 27 greenegt @ 08/23/10 01:47 PM
2K11 looks better and better the more I see it. I'm loving the ball/rim physics. Player control looks leaps and bounds better than previous iterations. I just can't wait to get my hands on this game.

# 28 Kaanyr Vhok @ 08/23/10 01:53 PM
The pass defense seems to have improved from terrible to at least decent.

# 29 DaReapa @ 08/23/10 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoudS
Am I the only one who doesn't really see a big difference in this game compared to last year? More canned animations and seems like very limited control over dribbling...again.
No, you're not. I stated something similar about another demo posted a few days ago. I hope that it's just all speculation and not what will become of the final product

# 30 elprez98 @ 08/23/10 02:22 PM
The ball looks a lot less "floaty." I think we should see cut on superman steals.

# 31 TheKasmar @ 08/23/10 02:40 PM
I absolutely love that his wild piss-poor passes kept getting deflected and resulted in turnovers.

His over-dribbling resulted in a loss of dribble a couple of times.

In the last vid, the pull up jumper by Lebron was a thing of beauty.

# 32 KING2672 @ 08/23/10 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReapa
No, you're not. I stated something similar about another demo posted a few days ago. I hope that it's just all speculation and not what will become of the final product
They said this game was all about polish so why would there be a big leap.

# 33 Nokstar @ 08/23/10 03:25 PM
I think to the untrained eye...you cant tell much difference...but for those that dont see the differences...to me..u can easily see that:

1...the locomotion looks alot better...when players move out to a open area..they automatically catch the ball facing the basket in a "shoot-ready" position...this may seem small but this is a big help on offense.

2...the new step back moves they've added seem to actually have some usefulness compared to prior games...they look to creat ALOT of space and are pretty quick and slick...not so much predictable and easy to guard.

3...blocks seem to be less "canned"...which SHOULD mean better post defense and less wild offensive moves in the post that's are always successful.

4...LANE STEALS looks wayyyy more effective and easier...which means..people wont be making crazy passes and being successful...this will balance everything out alot more..another feature that looks small on paper but will be BIG for this game.

5...it seems...there i say..SEEMS like you can finally do quick pull up jumpers without the slowwwwww gather...

6...i've seen in a few videos a crossover while on the move that looks very effective..its hard to tell if its all user controlled..but if it is...seems like dribble moves will be more effective that more manual...not some automatic successful move.

7..im seeing more contact on drives...which SHOULD promote more midrange game...and less slashing to the paint all game....last years game was basically all inside game and 3 point game...u really didnt have to shoot midrange jumpers at all....this is one of the biggest gripes of these basketball games..im hoping we HAVE to use alot of midrange game this time around...because the inside game was just waaaay to easy.

# 34 Basketball GURU @ 08/23/10 03:25 PM
this game looks like 2k10???... what exactly is it suppose to look like???? of course its gonna look similar to 2k10. 2k10 wasnt bad was it? this is gonna be the best bball game this year

# 35 Rocboyz101 @ 08/23/10 03:57 PM
Idk, I was saying it looked like 2k10 from screens, but the players look better in these videos than 2k10 imo. Doesn't look like 2k10 much to me anymore.

# 36 BezO @ 08/23/10 03:59 PM
Very nice so far.

My only concern at this time is the footwork. I see less skating and one-foot spinning, but the foot/floor interaction could use some work. I'd like the players to look more grounded.

# 37 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 08/23/10 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Thanks for the videos.

But why don't they ever let me watch the auto-replays? I keep hoping to see one, but no - they press a button!
i know, that is driving me crazy, and it doesnt help that the camera isnt zoomed in

# 38 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 08/23/10 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
Its because the user is pressing the buttons to skip intros.
i really hope thats the case

# 39 statum71 @ 08/23/10 05:46 PM
Man the gamers were frustrating to watch. What the heck is Brendan Haywood doing dribbling out on the perimeter?

Game looking nice though.

# 40 DaReapa @ 08/23/10 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KING2672
They said this game was all about polish so why would there be a big leap.
I understand Visual Concept's goal of polishing the game, but I don't really consider tweaking the controls a "big leap". Necessary maybe, but not much of an enormous change as you've indicated. And even though I am hopeful and somewhat optimistic of a much better iteration in 2K11 than the last two years' offerings, I'm not naive to the point where I would take every developer's word of polishing a game seriously. Case in point...Madden has been preaching that same sermon about polish for years.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.