NBA Elite 11 News Post

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Beluba @ 08/27/10 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameplayovergraphics
obviously you didn't read my post. i said that the nba live engine was built from the ground up for the next gen consoles, not the nba elite engine. please read my comment next time . when mike wang was on the nba live team he admitted that the 2k game is stagnant because the engine is ported from the last gen systems and therefore is outdated. he also said he was sick of having to adjust sliders to get the game to play sim because the engine just didn't have the capability to play a true sim game.

get it?
I never said any of this.

# 62 Nephilim @ 08/27/10 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameplayovergraphics
lol. you know said it. let me find it then. i know you said it on one of the interviews when you were trashing 2k. don't you remember the days when you were saying how much 2k sucked? it was only a year ago...
Calling the big boy out will get you banned. Even if you are right. He was talking (mike) about 2k getting too stale, he never trashed it, he just performed a business move.

# 63 osubucksfan47 @ 08/27/10 06:51 PM
That did not look good

# 64 The 24th Letter @ 08/27/10 07:04 PM
Quote:
it all looks very weird this year with ELITE 11. They collision animations dont look fluid and it seem the players start to spasm instead of moving individual body parts. not comparing this to 2k but it doesnt look good at all. i know this is the first year with these mechanics but they need greatly improve next year. Good that they dont have 2 player animations but all thats needed is a way to branch out of them instead of being left helpless to the CPUs will. I hope this series will improve more next year
I just hope that doesnt become to the new "thing" to say in the community for games implementing new functions. "Well, Its the first year so lets give it time to develop"

# 65 23 @ 08/27/10 07:18 PM
It would help to report things with the report feature.. but now lets keep this stuff on topic

# 66 23 @ 08/27/10 07:46 PM
Go ahead but you could've PMd me that

# 67 Pokes404 @ 08/28/10 05:06 AM
Even though the video was all about collision physics, my favorite thing was the quick stop-and-pop jumper from Paul. If this had been Live 10, Paul either would have attempted some driving lay-up, a running floater in the lane, or been sucked into that off-balance leaner. There also isn't any waiting for Paul to slow down, gather, and then start the shot animation. The jump-stop and shot animation is all one fluid move, which allows him to instantly pull up. It's a really basic thing, but I hadn't really been satisfied with Live or 2K in this department for the past few years. Looks a lot better in that video.

# 68 adwin7 @ 08/28/10 09:09 AM
After watching the all the quick clips again, I think I am starting to see what EA is going for here. I've been super critical of Live in the past, I hated 09 and refused to even demo '10. I'll start with the demo this year and see what happens.

I think that with the new focus on physics, there will be some intresting moments that will make up for the lack of "polish."

# 69 da ThRONe @ 08/28/10 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Even though the video was all about collision physics, my favorite thing was the quick stop-and-pop jumper from Paul. If this had been Live 10, Paul either would have attempted some driving lay-up, a running floater in the lane, or been sucked into that off-balance leaner. There also isn't any waiting for Paul to slow down, gather, and then start the shot animation. The jump-stop and shot animation is all one fluid move, which allows him to instantly pull up. It's a really basic thing, but I hadn't really been satisfied with Live or 2K in this department for the past few years. Looks a lot better in that video.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adwin7
After watching the all the quick clips again, I think I am starting to see what EA is going for here. I've been super critical of Live in the past, I hated 09 and refused to even demo '10. I'll start with the demo this year and see what happens.

I think that with the new focus on physics, there will be some intresting moments that will make up for the lack of "polish."
This seem to be what it's going to come down to with Elite 11. Very fluid game play with organic moments but not very polished or detailed players. While the other guys are offering pretty much the opposite.

It's going to be really interesting to see which one I prefer. But I feel like this was the best course of action for EA to take. Clearly RTP is the future and they were already waaaaay behind in the race to have the most polished game. So why not change direction. I respect this move and I hope this game is as fun as it seems like it could be.

My biggest concern is that they might make gameplay too complex and tedious. I dont want to have to go to EA Elite training school so to speak just to have a feel for things.

# 70 da ThRONe @ 08/28/10 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
you used to be the target audience but this year both games arent "pickup and play". Practice will be needed with a little brain power. I for one am happy with the upgrades that benefit those that learn how to really play the game.
I think you misunderstood my position. I'm excite to have more control over my player and wont mind spending some extra time getting use to the new moves. But I dont want to have to spend months perfecting my stick skills just to be decent.

I dont think this will be an issue ,but it is a concern of mines.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.