Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

If the embed doesn't work, click here.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 apManila24 @ 08/26/10 10:59 PM
Looks like they fixed Jordans half calf sleeve. Hopefully they did it for the other players too.

# 62 bearschicago @ 08/26/10 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
wow this has to take the cake for craziest nitpick
Well that is why I said "To all those".

Personally I don't care about accessories/graphics because PC version can mod. Only thing that can't be edited is when certain accessories are glitched such as the calf sleeve bug.

# 63 yungflo @ 08/26/10 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
wow this has to take the cake for craziest nitpick
hahahahAha

# 64 yungflo @ 08/26/10 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
Well that is why I said "To all those".

Personally I don't care about accessories/graphics because PC version can mod. Only thing that can't be edited is when certain accessories are glitched such as the calf sleeve bug.
cant that be patched?

# 65 bearschicago @ 08/26/10 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
cant that be patched?
Yes some can be patched/added such as fingerstraps/goggles/player specifc arm sleeve/hexpads/undershirts/facemask/rubberbands allowing different colors/headband positioning/etc.

But the calf sleeve bug where it makes the sock disappear, I don't remember it being patchable. Also the high socks going over the kneecap.

# 66 VDusen04 @ 08/26/10 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
Dennis Hopson was not part of the 1992 squad, as he was traded for Bobby Hansen just a few days into the start of the season. Maybe it was another player
Shoot, my NBA knowledge has been bested. Nicely done. I did not know he was traded for Bobby Hansen. I saw a #2 on the bench and made the assumption. On second look, it says "Johnson" on the back of his jersey. I might see Cliff Levingston standing next to him though (around 25:30 mark of video). Very cool to know we'll be able to edit in those who are missing.

# 67 blackngoldfan @ 08/27/10 12:10 AM
I really like the Jersey textures this year. The numbers are slightly raised which gives them a "thickness". In the beginning of the game, you can see the light reflect off of Jordan's "satin" numbers when he stretches. Cool little stuff.

# 68 Goffs @ 08/27/10 12:14 AM
are you guys sure this is the same build as Ronnies? this version looks like its running 60 fps compared to the Nuggets vs Magic vid...

# 69 DGMikeBarker @ 08/27/10 12:25 AM
Looks excellent, has a past look

# 70 aloncho11 @ 08/27/10 12:28 AM
This is from the "Attention to details in Jordan Challenge" thread. I post it here just so it helps. I know I'm a nipticker, but a "constructive criticism" type.

Quote:
I have to say I'm very happy from what I saw on "the shrug". Great work by all the 2K team

I also noticed that it is an old build (see all those white bald "clones" on the Blazers bench or the mid-court line overlapping the center court logo ? those are some indicators) so I'm sure some fixes will be included like the shorter shorts for the Bulls.

The good thing is that accessories and players are editable, so that's always good.

Anyway, just in case, here are a few observations from that great vid:

The starting center for the Blazers should be Kevin Duckworth, but maybe 2K couldn't get his rights because he sadly passed like a year ago.

Pippen has his 1991 hairstyle, but not a big issue really. Just wanted to point out that it looks more like Scottie Pippen from the 1991 Finals rather than from the 1992 Finals.

The mid-court line shouldn't overlap the center court Bulls logo. Also the Bulls shorts should be the same length as the Blazers'.

It would be nice to have the old Finals logo on the court> "The 1992 NBA Finals" instead of the current logo (Same with the Bad Boys challenge 1990 playoffs logo). In Chicago Stadium these logos were always near the mid-court line.

*Benny the Bull Should look like the old Benny like the image I uploaded some posts back and referee unis should be like back in the day.

Here's an example of what I did in the early stages of my 1992 PC mod: NBA finals logo and retro referee unis. If I could do it, 2K certainly can.

# 71 TheEasyEntertainment @ 08/27/10 12:37 AM
Hey guys if anyone is interested in just seeing the 7 minute segment of the 30 minute interview only highlighting the nba 2k11 aspect I have cut and edited it for those who may be interested. The link is below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9xF018uGZA

# 72 youvalss @ 08/27/10 12:41 AM
^^ Thanks for posting!

By the way, no Kevin Duckworth (RIP). Too bad, he was an important part in this great starting five.

# 73 portlandblazer @ 08/27/10 12:57 AM
wow, the blazers bench was full of bald white guys! i sure hope they have secured some more players since then, especially duck. from the quick glimpses so far im not liking all the players face models too well, specifically paxson and kersey. hopefully bird is given a completely new model. and boy those generics are a real eye sore when 9 out of 10 players on the court are all wearing them. it looks like i will still have my work cut out for me this year.

# 74 RIZDRAVER @ 08/27/10 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandblazer
wow, the blazers bench was full of bald white guys! i sure hope they have secured some more players since then, especially duck. from the quick glimpses so far im not liking all the players face models too well, specifically paxson and kersey. hopefully bird is given a completely new model. and boy those generics are a real eye sore when 9 out of 10 players on the court are all wearing them. it looks like i will still have my work cut out for me this year.
I thought Cartwright was dead on, Paxson pretty damn good when you consider how off white dudes can be for 2K. But a glimpse of BJ and Stacy King on the bench was kind of an eye-sore. As long as the starting 5 are dead on, which I thought they pretty much were, I'm cool. My only beef is the knee-length shorts and after watching videos of that Game 1 again, Jordan's legs still may be too stocky - it's hard to tell because it might simply be because the huge baggy shorts are making it appear that way.

Jordan's skinny legs give him that characteristic "springy" feel when in motion. The shorts/stocky legs made him feel a bit clunky in the vid.

# 75 VDusen04 @ 08/27/10 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZDRAVER
I thought Cartwright was dead on, Paxson pretty damn good when you consider how off white dudes can be for 2K. But a glimpse of BJ and Stacy King on the bench was kind of an eye-sore. As long as the starting 5 are dead on, which I thought they pretty much were, I'm cool. My only beef is the knee-length shorts and after watching videos of that Game 1 again, Jordan's legs still may be too stocky - it's hard to tell because it might simply be because the huge baggy shorts are making it appear that way.

Jordan's skinny legs give him that characteristic "springy" feel when in motion. The shorts/stocky legs made him feel a bit clunky in the vid.
Yeah, I checked myself on Paxson because I also recall how funky the white guys turn out in 2K games. I didn't recognize Jerome Kersey though. He appeared a little off there. I withhold judgment on the Bulls bench because I still thought there was a little graphical drop between "on-court" players and "off-court". I could be wrong though. Even then, I could recognize Stacey and B.J. more so than Jerome and Pax.

If I've heard correctly, this build is as old as the Nuggets-Magic build, thereby older than the Mavs-Heat Germany build. That feels like a lot of time for progress in the department of classic players rights and likenesses. While a lot of gameplay things are probably mostly locked up by now, I could see a number of art changes taking place in the Jordan mode between what we saw today and what we'll see on October 5th.

And to PortlandBlazer, I read today rosters for these classic teams will also be 2KShareable. If you're editing in the right fellows, I'll be looking forward to your work.

# 76 aloncho11 @ 08/27/10 01:20 AM
It would also be nice to see the subs on the bench, with their respective teams retro warmups.

# 77 blackngoldfan @ 08/27/10 01:38 AM
Quote:
The starting center for the Blazers should be Kevin Duckworth, but maybe 2K couldn't get his rights because he sadly passed like a year ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
^^ Thanks for posting!

By the way, no Kevin Duckworth (RIP). Too bad, he was an important part in this great starting five.
That's very sad to hear about Kevin Duckworth, but according to the link below, he is in the game.
http://www.bomeiquan.cn/nba-2k-news/...sic-teams.html

# 78 Kaanyr Vhok @ 08/27/10 02:39 AM
I hated watching that game.

# 79 Cesco @ 08/27/10 09:01 AM
Wow! Loved to see Horace Grant wearing that old-school Flavor-Flav style white glasses! Another small detail to bring back the old atmosphere. Great Job! :-D

# 80 RIZDRAVER @ 08/27/10 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
I hated watching that game.
As a Blazers fan, it probably wasn't as hard as watching them implode in Game 6 - have a 15 pt lead all game and have a Jordan-less bench of Bobby Hansen, Scott Williams, Levingston bring the Bulls back to win the game/title in the 4th. Major ouch.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.