FIFA 11 News Post

Game: FIFA Soccer 11Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 16 - View All
FIFA Soccer 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Matt10 @ 09/03/10 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I agree. There's something about it that doesn't say "organic" to me. They still haven't captured the feel like PES has. It seems like they have toned down the D to combat the lack of time on the ball, but they still can't seem to nail down player movement in space. Even in the vid, you could see they were purposely trying to create some realistic soccer movement. The off the ball offensive players are still in charge mode, playing fast-break soccer. And now the D is just lazy, not smart.

I'm gonna buy it, per the usual, but wonder how long it'll hold my interest. Hopefully, between last tuning before gold and patches, this game will get smarter, but I'm not holding my breath. And now I have two choices in footie games. Wondering which one will get the major spin time.... Never thought I'd say that.....
Definitely enjoying the prospect of having 3 options this year myself.

FIFA 11 PS3, FIFA 11 PC and PES 11 PC/PS3
With that said, FIFA 11 PC seems to be very possible the game this year. The modding capability and gameplay (hopefully) modding will make it a great game.

# 22 BrianFifaFan @ 09/04/10 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Definitely enjoying the prospect of having 3 options this year myself.

FIFA 11 PS3, FIFA 11 PC and PES 11 PC/PS3
With that said, FIFA 11 PC seems to be very possible the game this year. The modding capability and gameplay (hopefully) modding will make it a great game.
Maybe the Sweetpatch PC project will revive. The CEP mod for Fifa07 PC was a blast. Hopefully, now that the PC version is "next-gen," the Fifa modders will really get down and dirty with the gameplay. The pPC version might not have Personality Plus, but it should be able to be modded to play smarter/tactical. That's all Fifa is missing for me. Sim-style gameplay. I don't need 8 goals, just one really good one that I earned.....

# 23 aloncho11 @ 09/04/10 12:29 PM
Sweetpatch! That takes me back to 2001

# 24 BrianFifaFan @ 09/04/10 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
Sweetpatch! That takes me back to 2001
TheRizing02 sent me a copy of the CEP mod for Fifa07 on PC and that started my Fifa binge. I know the owner, Dave is as cool as the day is long. Wepeeler (Rob) is my dude, too. I need to call him and see how he's doing. Technically, I'm on the Sweetpatch team, just haven't been able to make time to really be involved. I intend to rectify that with the new game. As of late even Sweetpatch has been all about the console versions.But I have a feeling that Fifa11 PC is gonna get some major mods done to it. The last few years have seen the PC version get really overlooked by EA, and consequently, by the modding community. I'm really excited to see what all the CEP guys can come up with. PC is back!

# 25 cheesesteak @ 09/05/10 03:28 PM
I'm definitely going to check out the PC version this year. I assume there's no way to change controls of a PC gamepad to match that of a console controller? Like the special rotate the analog stick moves, etc

# 26 Matt10 @ 09/05/10 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak
I'm definitely going to check out the PC version this year. I assume there's no way to change controls of a PC gamepad to match that of a console controller? Like the special rotate the analog stick moves, etc
With PC, there's a way to do anything.

# 27 reo @ 09/06/10 05:10 AM
What a disappointment. No game gets passing right. FIFA. PES. FM. All terrible.

At least FM takes first touch into consideration. You can tell the difference between a Blue Square side and a Premier side. I'm not even going to get into FIFA and PES when it comes to ratings. Yawn.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.