Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 youvalss @ 09/11/10 10:34 AM
Whenever I see a LONG post by Czar, I know it's going to be good.

One questions, Czar: You keep saying "In my limited time with the game..." - you're kidding us, right? You secretly played TONS of games, you just don't want to make us angry (for not having it yet) or having us asking too many questions...

# 162 tha_show256 @ 09/11/10 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
You know what that is a hell of a question. I showed you all the "lamar" type plays in the lakers default playbook.... But don't forget these crazy dudes at 2k put in authentic plays for old skool phil bulls teams also.

There is a play in one of the classic bulls teams for Kukoc that has that same action. But I think he comes from the other side of the floor. So it is the same action but he starts in a different location.

Great question if you mix a match some of the old and new bulls/ lakers plays you will have a pretty good combination. Gawd I wish I had the game.. They went IN on the classic teams plays. I'm not talking about just having 3-4 classic plays per team. more like 15-20 and they are not rehashes of the current teams plays.

PLEASE 2k send me my game NOW !!!! LOL

Man Czar the vid is off the meter fam!! I can't wait to try out my Lake show in the demo, it looks like its gonna be one hella of ride this year fellas!! With the way 2k has stepped up their game this year, you've got to wonder what can they do next year to surpass this!?!? Oh well, only time will tell!!

# 163 domidomdomz @ 09/11/10 10:40 AM
Quote:
You know what that is a hell of a question. I showed you all the "lamar" type plays in the lakers default playbook.... But don't forget these crazy dudes at 2k put in authentic plays for old skool phil bulls teams also.

There is a play in one of the classic bulls teams for Kukoc that has that same action. But I think he comes from the other side of the floor. So it is the same action but he starts in a different location.

Great question if you mix a match some of the old and new bulls/ lakers plays you will have a pretty good combination. Gawd I wish I had the game.. They went IN on the classic teams plays. I'm not talking about just having 3-4 classic plays per team. more like 15-20 and they are not rehashes of the current teams plays.

PLEASE 2k send me my game NOW !!!! LOL
Ahhhhhh yeah.. How could I forgot those classic Bulls teams. Great to know that we can use classic teams's plays for present teams. I'll try to dig the internet deeper to find some Kukoc ran triangle offense.

Thanks for the great info, Czar

# 164 Boilerbuzz @ 09/11/10 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster
But that's how it is IRL, the combination of the massive contact and pressure + shady big man coordination (for most nba centers and many PF's) leads to many missed "bunnies" under the basket. just part of the game really.

Czar, Wicked video as usual. Much respect.
But representing those elements in a video is not easy outside of the contact element. And people hate comtact. They want a foul on one end and a block on the other.

The key is do prevent the ball from getting inside, like the real NBA and they are moving in the right direction.

# 165 Da_Czar @ 09/11/10 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Whenever I see a LONG post by Czar, I know it's going to be good.

One questions, Czar: You keep saying "In my limited time with the game..." - you're kidding us, right? You secretly played TONS of games, you just don't want to make us angry (for not having it yet) or having us asking too many questions...
You keep me laughing man... Sadly this must be said or some genius will play the game for 30 days them come back and say hey Czar why didn't you tell us the game couldn't blah blah blah ....ROTFLOL.

# 166 youvalss @ 09/11/10 10:50 AM
Quote:
You keep me laughing man... Sadly this must be said or some genius will play the game for 30 days them come back and say hey Czar why didn't you tell us the game couldn't blah blah blah ....ROTFLOL.
Well, they say laughing is good for health. Enjoy the weekend!

# 167 Penny Hardaway @ 09/11/10 11:08 AM
Czar, I just have one question that may branch into 3 or 4 others by the time I'm done. Your love for the little things and ins and outs of the game. Who or what motiavted you to start either playing/watching roundball? I'm impressed with your knowledge overall, its great to hear in detail how each play is executed rather than just press corresponding button. Keep doing it up fam, "life in prison for cheesers"
See I knew I had another question, with the ability for screens, pick and rolls etc., have you seen any offensive fouls called on the screener? Countless times its called when the screener doesn't establish his position or 'moves' with the defender. Any answer woukd be greatly appreciated.

# 168 domidomdomz @ 09/11/10 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmactic
The passing in this game just makes it awful to me. I played 2k10 last night and the passing is just straight up fake and arcade style. I just watched this vid and the defenders just don't react to the ball going right by them...not good. I think that was why I kept messing with that Live 10 demo last year. If you made a bad pass it was gone period. I really enjoyed that challenge and it forced you to run a play. Why would you need to run a play in 2k11 when you can pretty much pass the ball anywhere you want at anytime?
I hope you do know that most of the clips shown from Czar's vids were played on Pro difficulty. If not, you should check out the OKC and Spurs playcalling video to see some clips in higher difficulty.

# 169 Goffs @ 09/11/10 11:14 AM
Quote:
The passing in this game just makes it awful to me. I played 2k10 last night and the passing is just straight up fake and arcade style. I just watched this vid and the defenders just don't react to the ball going right by them...not good. I think that was why I kept messing with that Live 10 demo last year. If you made a bad pass it was gone period. I really enjoyed that challenge and it forced you to run a play. Why would you need to run a play in 2k11 when you can pretty much pass the ball anywhere you want at anytime?
you obviously didn't watch the vid at all....entry pass to Bynum at 2:14 and 4:50 the ball is stolen those guys were reacting to the pass...oh and Live 10 is probably the worst example to use i can show you vids where they throw it over there heads and they dont react at all...

# 170 TheAbstrakt @ 09/11/10 11:30 AM
YO Czar incredible work, game looks amazing!

But one quick question, how many faces that looked bad last year were changed? Because from what I've seen Westbrook looks the same. No biggy just wondering.

# 171 Boilerbuzz @ 09/11/10 11:36 AM
Quote:
Check out the clip at the 5:45 mark. The defender needs to switch on to Kobe but instead he just stands there until it's too late to make a play...c'mon son!!! Would you ever just let Kobe run right by you headed to the hoop without even moving? Could be time to start all over with a real focus on defense. The magic passing and dunkfest is not sim ball...but it looks good on 52 inch HD...lol.
OMG. Someone was late on a switch or didn't switch at all. That's NEVER happens in the NBA...

Uh. No. "Come on, son" as you say. When mistakes like this stop happening in the NBA, then you can expect to see perfection in a video game. Find a better example. That one was poor.

# 172 Boilerbuzz @ 09/11/10 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAbstrakt
YO Czar incredible work, game looks amazing!

But one quick question, how many faces that looked bad last year were changed? Because from what I've seen Westbrook looks the same. No biggy just wondering.
Folks should really read all of his posts. I don't know if he could have been clearer. He was focused on behaviors, plays, and the play system. If your question isn't REMOTELY related to things of that nature, he can't confidently answer that question.

No offense man, but these questions have been unending it seems.

# 173 Boilerbuzz @ 09/11/10 11:48 AM
Quote:
This is how you justify a lack of defense? So on pro level it's easier to play offense because the AI will not play real defense? Does that sound fair? We all love the eye candy in the game but it gets old when two skilled players are on the sticks and their skills get limited by the game and what they can do because of the limitations they have no control over. If I see Rose bounce pass to Boozer under the rim through 3 defenders for a dunk one more time I am going to jump...lmao
This is one of the silliest posts I've seen in a while. OF COURSE you make the defense softer to make playing offense easier on a low difficulty. How would YOU do it? Decision should come slower and some decisions should be wrong more often than normal. I guess you would use speed cheats and inflate shooting percentage, huh?

And these videos show user/AI or AI/AI. So to assume how it all plays for 2 humans is unwarranted. Not to mention if you want better defense change the difficulty. That's what it's for.

# 174 WTF @ 09/11/10 11:52 AM
tmactic, Czar captured over a TB of footage. He showcased some of the plays that "worked". What you see is one instance. Is it going to be like that? No read Czars posts that say the defense deters the plays a lot, but he was showcasing some of them that worked to perfection.

We'll leave it at that. You can test this if you want when you get the demo, or get the game yourself, but for the time being, let's leave it at that.

# 175 Goffs @ 09/11/10 11:53 AM
Quote:
This is how you justify a lack of defense? So on pro level it's easier to play offense because the AI will not play real defense? Does that sound fair? We all love the eye candy in the game but it gets old when two skilled players are on the sticks and their skills get limited by the game and what they can do because of the limitations they have no control over. If I see Rose bounce pass to Boozer under the rim through 3 defenders for a dunk one more time I am going to jump...lmao
weak attempt at trolling...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWeOUzZagf0#t=8m50s <---THIS PRETTY MUCH EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!

ofc you probably would just ignore the link all together but hey i think i fed you enough...

# 176 Da_Czar @ 09/11/10 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Hardaway
Czar, I just have one question that may branch into 3 or 4 others by the time I'm done. Your love for the little things and ins and outs of the game. Who or what motiavted you to start either playing/watching roundball? I'm impressed with your knowledge overall, its great to hear in detail how each play is executed rather than just press corresponding button. Keep doing it up fam, "life in prison for cheesers"

See I knew I had another question, with the ability for screens, pick and rolls etc., have you seen any offensive fouls called on the screener? Countless times its called when the screener doesn't establish his position or 'moves' with the defender. Any answer woukd be greatly appreciated.
Thank you Penny. I know there are a ton of guys on this site with great basketball knowledge. My dad is in the State of Kansas Basketball Hall of fame so I have been in love with the game of basketball all my life. I have played at different levels myself and trained with and against some outstanding talent. I have also had the opportunity to learn from some great coaches. The X's and O's of the game still amaze me.

The fact that I can tell you what I am going to do to you and you can't stop it because of the laws of the game just blows my socks off evertime. I love teaching that lesson to students and watch as they look bewildered
Then we tell them when you understand why you can't stop it we'll move on to something else... ROTFLOL

We teach more like a Shao lin Gung fu school than basketball instructors

Basketball is the family business. My father and I train kids on the fundamentals of the game. Which we feel are sorely missing. I Have always loved how the game reflects life and that is what we teach the kids we train. It's more about how to be successful in life using basketball as a point of reference.

The game is so beautiful to me the why things work even when you know there coming keeps me interested in the game. So its really a life long passion for me. And since I can't play at the level I am accustomed to anymore. I would love for these games to grow enough that I can still get that my hoops strategy fix without endangering my body parts on the pavement.

As to your other question yes they do call illegal screens this year if you start moving before the screen is set.

# 177 WTF @ 09/11/10 12:02 PM
tmactic and Boilerbuzz- Stop the back and forth, stay on the topic of the video, or infractions will be issued.

Come on guys. No need for that in a great thread.

Back on topic, glad to hear they call illegal screens. That was in Live 10, was hoping it would be in 2k11.

# 178 Boilerbuzz @ 09/11/10 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
tmactic and Boilerbuzz- Stop the back and forth, stay on the topic of the video, or infractions will be issued.

Come on guys. No need for that in a great thread.

Back on topic, glad to hear they call illegal screens. That was in Live 10, was hoping it would be in 2k11.
I thought we were on topic. We're talking about the defense he's seeing in the video. But if you think we should move the discussion, where should it go?

EDIT: actually, don't answer that. It just hit me that the dude is just trolling, so I'll just leave it.

# 179 Crossover1 @ 09/11/10 12:19 PM
Crazy work Da_Czar. Does the CPU ever get called for illegal screens? I ask this because in past 2Ks, they never start using the screen UNTIL the screener completely setup 1st.

# 180 SladeRider @ 09/11/10 01:36 PM
I've never used plays much in previous games, just give me the quick pick and roll and quick iso and I was fine with it along with fastbreak points and dumping the ball in the post. But with the improvements, I maybe using the 42 Rub and 12 Island plays alot and the ones for Lamar look good.

My only gripe with this video is when doing the 42 Rub play and when Pau gives the ball to Kobe, he stands still for a second before driving to the basket, it would of been nice if Pau gives him the ball with Kobe in full stride and he doesn't have to stop on his way to the basket. That was my only gripe with it but it all looks good, Kobe taking that jumpshot in the 42 Rub was awesome in how open he was.

Always like plays where the ballhandler is a screen for a player.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.