Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 RIZDRAVER @ 09/26/10 02:39 PM
Where the hell is Stockton's chest and leg hair. And they call this a sim? I'm sorry but that's a gamebreaker for me.

# 42 frbroussard @ 09/26/10 02:44 PM
Ay man, you cant make my Rockets look that bad dog. But one things for sure "WHEN EVER IN NEED GO TO YAO MING" ONE!

# 43 Boilerbuzz @ 09/26/10 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_Master07
Well i can kinda see where they are coming from, most of us were led to believe they got the full rosters (or most of) and simple stuff that differentiates the game from 20 years ago til now, correct (like short shorts). Don't get me wrong, they did a great job with what they did but lets hope they left everything customizable
I've never seen anything that hinted at more than the starters. It would seem SOME (not most) assumed more. If you can find any quote from any piece that states more than starters, link it. I'm not disagreeing with any of your points except the "lead to be believe" part. I think they pretty much admitted that they would not have the full rosters. They got as many as they could. Heard they would have tried to get Phoenix of Barkley didn't ask for a load of money. But that's just hearsay...

# 44 elprez98 @ 09/26/10 02:45 PM
Well maybe its because "present day" Houston is the home team. If they are playing in "present day" they are required to wear "present day uniform" attire of the NBA.

# 45 Chairman7w @ 09/26/10 02:51 PM
Exactly. You just can't pass THROUGH a defender. If they're in the way, don't pass it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phant030
His turnovers were him trying to force the ball. Things that he could get away with in previous games. I dont think the amount of turnovers is alarming b/c he made poor passes, simple as that. Nothing about the game, no slider adjustments, no difficulty level, nothing about realistic stats....just poor play. What happened should have happened.

# 46 Gosens6 @ 09/26/10 02:56 PM
Two things about this video. I absolutely HATE Kevin Martins sig shot, it's so slow and easy to block.

Also, The Jazz bench is loaded with generics, i'm confident some of our great roster editors will remedy this situation though.

# 47 youvalss @ 09/26/10 02:57 PM
Where is Greg AllStarTag?

Nice video, but I don't remember seeing pick n' rolls between stockton and Malone. Hope it does happen...unless it's because of the Pro level (but it's no excuse).

Still, nice video and good D by the Jazz.

# 48 Philstat @ 09/26/10 03:07 PM
QUESTIONS -

- What happened to the cheerleaders - I've noticed they have not been in the last few videos?
- Why are there so many blank silhouettes instead of the actual pic of players?

# 49 BZOE @ 09/26/10 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakewayking
why is stockton and the classic jazz team wearing baggy 2010 shorts
These were the 97-98 Jazz and at that time, the long shorts were in style...although Stockton never wore them. But come on...you guys are that picky that you're gonna complain about Stcokton's shorts? My gosh...as if 2k hasn't done enough. Anyway, that Scola jab and pullup on Malone was sweet

# 50 lakewayking @ 09/26/10 03:13 PM
^^^ go watch some videos, the jazz and the bulls never wore anything like those shorts.. look at the 97 or 98 finals

# 51 jfsolo @ 09/26/10 03:17 PM
Hurray for the long shorts. Good call Art team, make the short shorts DLC and charge 10 bucks for them. You'll get some OCD types to pony up the dough.

Users need to start taking the Czar's words to heart, they're still trying to play it like a video game and the CPU is playing basketball, and shredding the User to pieces.
I would imagine that ALL of us are going to have to unlearn some of our lazy video game ways that we've been able to get away with for years and years because of the substandard A.I.

To quote Dave Chappelle, "Those days are over"

# 52 NumberOneRB @ 09/26/10 03:20 PM
Stockton being portrayed in baggy shorts is a mortal sin against basketball history...

# 53 LeBronistheKing @ 09/26/10 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
Stockton being portrayed in baggy shorts is a mortal sin against basketball history...

This is quoted for truth.

# 54 CMH @ 09/26/10 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Users need to start taking the Czar's words to heart, they're still trying to play it like a video game and the CPU is playing basketball, and shredding the User to pieces.
I would imagine that ALL of us are going to have to unlearn some of our lazy video game ways that we've been able to get away with for years and years because of the substandard A.I.
I play sim but the one thing I know I abused and will have to relearn is making passes. I learned quickly from watching the videos and playing the demo. Hands are up and I can't just pass the ball to a big man if he is being shadowed by my defender.

However, the real reason I'm extremely happy about this is because the CPU also abused passing in previous iterations of NBA 2K. One of the things that frustrated me in NBA 2K9 (and a reason I didn't buy 2K10) was the CPU making clean passes from the three-point line to a cutting offensive player under the basket. It could not be defended and helped make the CPU's FG% abnormally high.

# 55 Gosens6 @ 09/26/10 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ******Pride
I play sim but the one thing I know I abused and will have to relearn is making passes. I learned quickly from watching the videos and playing the demo. Hands are up and I can't just pass the ball to a big man if he is being shadowed by my defender.

However, the real reason I'm extremely happy about this is because the CPU also abused passing in previous iterations of NBA 2K. One of the things that frustrated me in NBA 2K9 (and a reason I didn't buy 2K10) was the CPU making clean passes from the three-point line to a cutting offensive player under the basket. It could not be defended and helped make the CPU's FG% abnormally high.
I was thinking the same thing, hopefully all these hands up and active inside the paint area will help with both the user and CPU abusing the paint.

We could finally have realistic PIP numbers! Im stoked.

# 56 McLoving33 @ 09/26/10 03:37 PM
I can't believe people are griping about the length of players shorts besides the jazz team shown looks like the roster who lost to the bulls two years in a row in 97, and 98. By the way I'm pretty sure in the late 90's players weren't wearing daisy dukes anymore and if not who would want to see them wearing them?

# 57 LeBronistheKing @ 09/26/10 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLoving33
I can't believe people are griping about the length of players shorts besides the jazz team shown looks like the roster who lost to the bulls two years in a row in 97, and 98. By the way I'm pretty sure in the late 90's players weren't wearing daisy dukes anymore and if not who would want to see them wearing them?

Really?

And not just Stockton is inaccurate, Jeff Hornacek also was notorious for the short shorts....

# 58 lakewayking @ 09/26/10 03:44 PM
98 bulls and jazz shorts are waaay shorter than the ones in the video game and that is a FACT

# 59 LeBronistheKing @ 09/26/10 04:03 PM
Have you ever thought of that we are complaining about short shorts because there is very little else to complain about? That is a great thing. The game looks phenomenal it looks like a hoop fans dream. The fact remains if they can take the time to give LeBron the correct nba logo positioning on his headband then they can give John Stockton short shorts it just adds to the overall polish on an already extremely polished game. Stockton was known for the short shorts even up to his last season in the league in 2002-2003 when the rest of the NBA was sporting the long baggy shorts.

# 60 kennyacid @ 09/26/10 04:42 PM
smh some people shouldnt record themselves playing....this was just awful

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.