Home
NASCAR The Game 2011 News Post

The sign above the digital garage of the NASCAR world has read "vacant" now for almost two years. In 2008 EA released the final installment of its NASCAR series, titled NASCAR 09. While it received mixed reviews, many felt like the game was progressing in the right direction. In 2009 rumors surfaced that EA was not going to re-sign with NASCAR, and would therefore no longer be providing a yearly title any longer. That rumor was substantiated in early September 2009 when Peter Moore, the president of EA Sports, confessed that there would be no more installments of the NASCAR series. This was devastating news to console racers because they had no other alternative to turn to that would replicate the sport that they so dearly loved.

In early 2010 more rumors surfaced that a company out of New Castle, England was in talks to secure the NASCAR license. Then, in September, it was confirmed that Eutechnyx had in fact secured that license. The company has actually been developing a new NASCAR title for almost 18 months and will have a full two-year development cycle before the retail version hits store shelves. Eutechnyx is developing the title, NASCAR 2011: The Game, and the company has partnered with Activision to release the title on February 15, 2011.

I had a chance to sit down with Eutechnyx executive vice president, Ed Martin. Mr. Martin was kind enough to answer some questions about the upcoming title.

Read More - NASCAR The Game 2011 Exclusive Interview with Ed Martin

Game: NASCAR The Game 2011Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
NASCAR The Game 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Anakin19732001 @ 10/13/10 12:47 PM
I love the potential that this game has. I like the idea of starting small and building. In the next few years .. please add nationwide, and then trucks. Keep the racing fun, and remember its the little things that us gamers enjoy. Good luck!

# 2 GrandMaster B @ 10/13/10 01:00 PM
A nice read. Looking forward to second part.

# 3 Dazraz @ 10/13/10 01:09 PM
This game sounds awesome. Really impressed with the attention to detail & the presentaion. I was a bit disappointed with the lack of pre race & post race on track presentation with F1 2010.

# 4 bluengold34_OS @ 10/13/10 01:12 PM
I think people will be really impressed with what Eutechnyx has done with this game. I have a chance to head to the Race in Phoenix on November 14th. They will be showing the game live for the first time, and I wil see first hand how it has all come together(hopefully with some nice pics, and reports for OS)

# 5 8 @ 10/13/10 01:14 PM
Sweet!!

# 6 GrandMaster B @ 10/13/10 01:20 PM
I will be at the race in Phoenix as well. Will try and check that out.

# 7 kubankaos @ 10/13/10 01:33 PM
Excellent. Sounds like they might have a winner and he's right. Sometimes you do just want a game to play for fun and nothing else. I'm glad my wheel works on the PS3 as well.

# 8 Lieutenant Dan @ 10/13/10 01:51 PM
Outstanding stuff...,.thank you Blue!!! Looking forward to the next part.

# 9 Papi34 @ 10/13/10 01:58 PM
Very good read, thanks blue. Credit to Eutechnyx, they seem to have listened to what people want. Personally I can't complain about anything, sounds all good so far.
Can't wait to hear how it handles, especially with MS wheel.

# 10 mrdingman @ 10/13/10 02:02 PM
I noticed the ESPN on ABC banner on the inside wall on the front page image... wonder if that conflicts with EA's contact with ESPN.

# 11 Brew @ 10/13/10 02:27 PM
EA royally destroyed a potentially great franchise...
Sounds like Eutechnyx is building a great foundation to bring this series back from the grave.

I will be buying this game in February! Just in time for the Daytona 500!
Maybe it will spark my interest in the real thing again...
Its been rather boring and predictable the last few years.

# 12 Skyboxer @ 10/13/10 02:49 PM
Looks like I can finally dust off my racing wheel..!!!

# 13 sniperhare @ 10/13/10 03:44 PM
It will be cool if you could play online with 43 other people.

# 14 bluengold34_OS @ 10/13/10 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
It will be cool if you could play online with 43 other people.
You say that now......................

It will be hard enough racing with 15 other humans because not everyone understands track etiquette, has a good connection, or the same talent level.

# 15 Tidefan6869 @ 10/13/10 04:23 PM
Good to hear they have been working on it for 18 months already. I'm glad they are not having the trucks and nationwide series to begin with. I would rather them have great handling cars and a career with some depth, then spend time trying to figure out how the truck should handle, etc. I can't wait for the second part of the interview to hear about the career mode. The career mode it going to be the game breaker for me. That's what I play in all my sports games.

# 16 Lieutenant Dan @ 10/13/10 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidefan6869
Good to hear they have been working on it for 18 months already. I'm glad they are not having the trucks and nationwide series to begin with. I would rather them have great handling cars and a career with some depth, then spend time trying to figure out how the truck should handle, etc. I can't wait for the second part of the interview to hear about the career mode. The career mode it going to be the game breaker for me. That's what I play in all my sports games.
Yeah, maybe they can work in the trucks and Nationwide next year. But so far, this is sounding excellent to me.

# 17 Rules @ 10/13/10 08:40 PM
Nice, I just moved off the fence to the must buy side. To see the ties to Papyrus is good to see as that means they do know what real Nascar racing is.

# 18 CX1329 @ 10/14/10 01:15 AM
I like how honest they are about their game. They openly admitted that it's not going to be as realistic as a computer based sim, and earned my respect as a result.

# 19 GrandMaster B @ 10/14/10 03:23 PM
Let's get part 2.

# 20 bluengold34_OS @ 10/14/10 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMaster B
Let's get part 2.
Soon......man, NASCAR fans are impatient! I am still having communication with Eutechnyx, so I am hoping to have it up and posted by Next Tuesday or Wednesday.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.