Home
MLB 2K11 News Post

The Major League Baseball 2K11 release date has been set for March 8th, 2011.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K11Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 12/15/10 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
2K did a fantastic job in the pitching camera options. The Show really needs to add a similar system so you can recreate virtually any camera angle.

I personally loved 2K's batting angle. It really helped my eye. Combined that and a more responsive pitch speed slider I would actually get walks. One game I had 7! It's something I've never been able to do in the Show due to a combination of the hitting camera angle, fast pitch speeds (even 0 on the slider is a little too fast for me in the Show while 55 was perfect for me in 2K10) and my slower reflexes.

2K does need to add a much better fielding camera. It was garbage - too close up. The Show does a much better job in this department. Of course 2K also needs to totally overhaul fielding so we actually see errors this year. I will be extremely pissed if I don't see injuries and errors this year.
Definitely agree about the hitting angle in 2k11. It helped my eye so much. For the first time, I could draw walks pretty well. I mean, in my player mode, I didn't get nearly as many walks as other hitters, but I still got a decent amount of walks, and this was really the first baseball game that I've played that I could draw walks in.

# 22 ryan36 @ 12/15/10 06:26 PM
Quote:
Totally agree. It was too easy to pitch once you got used to it. 2K10 was fun but would have been so much better if you had a pitch accuracy slider.

Furthermore the cpu used the contact swing too often resulting in too few HRs, even with cpu power at 100. A big part of this problem is that there is way too much of a difference between the contact and power swing. The Show probably doesn't have enough of a gap but 2K10's gap is way too large.
I liken many things in last years game between mvp 03/04...getting there...a little wonky. I think this year will be better...I just get the feeling the franchise mode issues will still be there.

# 23 rudyjuly2 @ 12/16/10 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
I liken many things in last years game between mvp 03/04...getting there...a little wonky. I think this year will be better...I just get the feeling the franchise mode issues will still be there.
2K10 was fun but there were so many things that they needed to fix I don't think it will be possible to correct all of them for 2K11. Only time will tell.

# 24 BlackBetty15 @ 12/16/10 10:43 PM
Hmmmmm....there are so many things I want to say about there being no info or anything but lets face it, its not exactley something we arent used to from this paticular dev crew and company. I am optimistic, but gald I have oprions, especially since another company fixed all the prblems that kept me interested in this game. Still, I am optimistic for 2k11.

# 25 mva5580 @ 12/17/10 04:28 PM
I'll continue to buy the 2K Sports games on PC as long as they release them, in hope of 2K finally getting the NFL license back someday and releasing NFL2K on PC. Would probably be the greatest sports game ever made.

# 26 elfdutch @ 12/19/10 04:20 AM
I own mlb the show 09 and mlb2k10. I didn't like the show at first, had too much trouble hitting. So, i bought mlb2k10. I love being able to choose the camera angles. Also a big big fan of stick pitching and hitting.
The movement of the ball, especially how it comes out of the pitchers hand is much more realistic in mlb2k10.

That being said the game started to bug me. Fielding too automated, unable to switch off fast play, no injuries.
What i hate most about the game, and what i dont understand, is why it has to look so bad on the ps3. Daylight games are not that bad, but play a nightgame and suddenly it looks like a ps2 game.

So, i decided to give the show another shot. I noticed how the show is much more fluent. There's things about the show that need improving too, but at this point for me it is the better game, its more finished.
I dont want to start a console war, and i know the 360 doesn't have the show. I really hoped mlb2k10 would be great, cause it has so much potential. I wont be buying mlb2k11 just yet. I'll wait a few months and read peoples reactions before i decide.

# 27 Artman22 @ 12/19/10 01:37 PM
Quote:
2K10 was fun but there were so many things that they needed to fix I don't think it will be possible to correct all of them for 2K11. Only time will tell.
I feel fielding was the biggest of them all besides injuries. If they redo fielding completely as I've been told then I feel this game will be a lot better. Errors, and the animations especially.

# 28 dodgerblue @ 12/26/10 11:50 PM
Quote:
It was fun and hopefully it will be improved for 2k11. Unfortunately over the years a decent version has been followed by a disappointing version. I plan on getting both the show and 2k because I'm a baseball addict.

I would just like someone at 2k to get rid of all the animations and herky jerky movements that make you scratch your head. The other day there was one that made me rofl. I wish I had recorded it.

# 29 tazbk @ 01/15/11 09:04 AM
I will get it, like I get it every year. Not sure if I will buy first day or wait until it goes on sale. I usually buy the other game as well for my own comparison's sake.

As someone else said, I'm just looking for the game to make improvements in the right direction. I liken this series to a bad team constantly changing coaches. Once you get a good coach, you want to see improvement every year until you get a consistently good to great product. I dont know if that will take another 3 years, 5 years or what, but it needs to happen before they lose the exclusive license. I don't what the series to disappear ala College Hoops 2K.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.