Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Madden NFL 11 title update #5 is available now for everyone to download on their PS3 or 360 (no longer hit or miss). Please post your impressions here.

For those that missed out on the details of the title update, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 iAM-IncReDiBLe- @ 12/15/10 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdhc
the d-line gets pass the o-line to fast on every and i mean every play. thats not real football!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdhc
also i see the DBs are a lot better but why do the WRs drop more balls and the DBs are still beating my WRs to the spot before i throw the ball...
Is this user vs cpu? I didn't see any of this in user vs user game.

I played a second match user vs user match. I was using the Rams vs the Redskins. I was up 28-7 at halftime, but the Rams defense is badddd an it showed. My CBs could not cover very well an it showed. I can't really say too much about the zone coverages since I don't play it much. When I played zone it seemed to work decently enough. They ended up coming back an i needed a late FG to win 38-35. It's hard for me too say how the patch went in this game because the Rams defense is so bad but check this stat. I feel I played good D, the Redskins QB was 9-22 so that's great, but he had 222yrds due to my CBs not being able to contain Santana Moss and I didn't keep a safety over top so the two times Moss broke a tackle he was gone. I did shut down his run game but he broke one for 70yrds because I over ran a toss play.

# 82 Shogun613 @ 12/15/10 08:28 PM
The custom audibles don't register too well... you have to button mash, and even then you almost get flagged for a delay of game.

# 83 Hailtodemskins @ 12/15/10 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun613
The custom audibles don't register too well... you have to button mash, and even then you almost get flagged for a delay of game.
i knew i wasnt crazy!...but think this was done on purpose because it works fine when you call audibles slowly....so i think this was done for online play to stop them from calling multiple audibles at one time

# 84 Sausage @ 12/15/10 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailtodemskins
i knew i wasnt crazy!...but think this was done on purpose because it works fine when you call audibles slowly....so i think this was done for online play to stop them from calling multiple audibles at one time
I noticed this as well, and I like the idea. I do believe instead of delaying the reaction of the audible plays, it should show the QB changing singles, running backs, and WR's listening and adjusting.

# 85 Tyrant8RDFL @ 12/15/10 10:04 PM
I read some posts but could not find the info im looking for. Can anyone give some info on how the zone coverage is playing with this patch?

# 86 jazztrumpet5 @ 12/15/10 10:11 PM
For offline franchise players, have you seen any stat weirdness? Last year after the last patch AI rushing numbers (among other things) went haywire, and I don't want to d/l if I'm looking at 12 guys hitting 2000 yards every season...

# 87 Shogun613 @ 12/16/10 12:11 AM
I realized after a few more games that the custom audibles were indeed slowed down, but for realism. You can only call an audible once everybody is lined up at their set position.

# 88 russwg1970 @ 12/16/10 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phant030
Idk, never had a problem with jukes. I play ALL MADDEN w/ 0 HUM break tackle.
Comments like these are really ********, what's the point? You hoping to make everyone ohhh and ahhh and think your a madden god? Nobody gives a ****!

# 89 BigUnit @ 12/16/10 01:20 PM
I definitely noticed the difference in the quick audibles.

They also don't show the play art all the time when you click on them.

# 90 GWorld74 @ 12/16/10 05:46 PM
Online: Defensive line will get pressure from RE and ROLB position. Fatigue is more a factor on defense. You have to be patient with run game. Tighter coverage by CBs. Better bumps from CBs. LB cover the middle a little better. More fumbles.
Hot Routes will screw you sometimes.

Offline: More fumbels and better defensive line play.

# 91 Shogun613 @ 12/16/10 07:57 PM
You indeed do need patience for the run game, but it is very rewarding.

# 92 Senator Palmer @ 12/16/10 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I read some posts but could not find the info im looking for. Can anyone give some info on how the zone coverage is playing with this patch?
If you're Human playing against the CPU, the CPU zone is indeed better. Not over the top, unrealistically, better imo, but the CPU defenders play their areas and track receivers better. It's not quite as easy to throw into holes on those dig routes. The LB or safety will not just stand there anymore while the pass is completed.

When you are on defense, I have noticed that my defenders track the ball in the air better. They make strafe and make better plays on deep passes wheras there were times when they would stand with their back to the play while the opposing receiver leapt 6 feet in the air to snap it. Here, it is more evened out. The flats are also defended better. The CPU doesn't throw a quick out against cover 2 and turn it up field with ease anymore.

# 93 falconfansince81 @ 12/16/10 08:35 PM
in my last online franchise gm all madden settings i ran for 154 with beanie wells on 26 attempts. when playing zone, i noticed my lb's swatted down a few passes they would normally let sail past em, plus the db's seemed to at least be in a position i could user pick/swat when needed. overall there isn't a night and day difference but thats a good thing, i think overall it's improved the D in regards to online play without breaking anything else.

# 94 Senator Palmer @ 12/16/10 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I am step closer to picking up the game. How are the broken tackles?
Infinitely better. There is a such thing a solo tackle now. It is very... how can I put this... NCAA-ish as far as tackling and how guys fill and pursue. You'll still see the broken or missed tackle, but it's in a much more realistic way.

One prime gauge I use is the ISO play. I play as the MLB and in NCAA when I would take on the fullback and force the play back inside, the backside backer would fill and make the tackle. Before this patch, if I would fill in Madden, the backside backer would be nowhere to be found -- either knocked on his butt or I don't know -- and if he did try to make the play, sometimes he'd get the tackle, but more often that should happen, he would get shrugged off.

Now, I can rely on my cpu teammates to make the play.

# 95 at23steelers @ 12/16/10 10:02 PM
I played a kid today who was the Cowboys, and subbed in Dez and Romo. I was the Steelers, and he just kept throwing screens to Jones or deep to Bryant. Out of the attempts downfield, 3 were INT, and 1 was a big gain for him. The spotlight feature works better now, with the deep coverages, and the defenders react better to the screens. Although, he did score 2, almost 3 TD's off of kickoffs, so it seems to be worse.

# 96 Tyrant8RDFL @ 12/17/10 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
If you're Human playing against the CPU, the CPU zone is indeed better. Not over the top, unrealistically, better imo, but the CPU defenders play their areas and track receivers better. It's not quite as easy to throw into holes on those dig routes. The LB or safety will not just stand there anymore while the pass is completed.

When you are on defense, I have noticed that my defenders track the ball in the air better. They make strafe and make better plays on deep passes wheras there were times when they would stand with their back to the play while the opposing receiver leapt 6 feet in the air to snap it. Here, it is more evened out. The flats are also defended better. The CPU doesn't throw a quick out against cover 2 and turn it up field with ease anymore.
Thank you for this info. This is great news. All I needed was for the defense to play better, and from what you posted it sounds just like what I needed to read.

Again thanks

# 97 CreatineKasey @ 12/17/10 09:06 PM
Zones play shorter overall. It's an improvement. Short drags against cover 2 are not such a great idea anymore.

# 98 ryan36 @ 12/17/10 11:14 PM
just picked it up. played all pro no slider tweaks , no roster updates, and gameplay balance seems to be much better

# 99 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/17/10 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
just picked it up. played all pro no slider tweaks , no roster updates, and gameplay balance seems to be much better
Good to hear from a mod. Ps3 or 360? Anyone with ps3 know if they fixed the replay length issue?

# 100 ryan36 @ 12/17/10 11:24 PM
im on ps3...but I only played a qtr and a half..****nning game is less "automatic." But bear in mind I hadn't played ANY post patch Madden...but I'm starting a Broncos franchise (no roster updates, I bought it used so I can take it back); I'll chime in after a couple games.

Spoiler

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.