Home
Madden 12 News Post

About a week ago, Ian Cummings asked the readers of OS, about their thoughts on a Super Bowl halftime video podcast.

Well, we won't get a video podcast, but we will see a Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl halftime blog.

Most of us would love to see a blog covering the new and improved Franchise Mode, but it doesn't look like that will happen, as they want to save it for later.

With that out of the way, what are you hoping it will cover?

Quote:
"On a side note, I finally got a draft semi-approved of the Super Bowl Halftime blog. Which means it's official - there will be a blog!"

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 DarkOmnios @ 02/03/11 04:59 PM
Good start lets hope the actual footage are enough to show if Madden Team really wants to make a fantastic game.

# 42 Hova57 @ 02/03/11 05:11 PM
we have video people its bout to be on like donkey kong. So now as we do in OS we get to pick the video apart which I'm sure he knows. He'll respond afterward so its really two parted.

# 43 NoTiCe_O @ 02/03/11 05:53 PM
Choo Choo! Chugga Chugga Chugga ! .. Hype train gettin some steam

I didn't buy Madden 11 after a dissapointing 10, but heres to hoping they get the gameplay on point this year, so i can get back to online gaming competitively, with no cheap stuff.

They must be confident if they puttin out a gameplay vid. either that or they want some OS criticism. Either way I'm ready

# 44 ryan36 @ 02/03/11 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOmnios
Good start lets hope the actual footage are enough to show if Madden Team really wants to make a fantastic game.
Really? You can say a lot about decisions that are made, but to think they want to make anything other than a fantastic game is ridiculous

# 45 Meast21Forever @ 02/03/11 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Really? You can say a lot about decisions that are made, but to think they want to make anything other than a fantastic game is ridiculous
it's not that ridiculous. ian and the team have got to push their own ideas and those of the community rather than gimmicky ideas that are no doubt handed down from upstairs. they want to put out a good product, but their opinion of a great game may be different from ours, which may be different from the suits at ea. i think this year will be a key year in deciding whether this team is the one to take madden back to its former glory.

# 46 PantherBeast_OS @ 02/03/11 07:03 PM
Looking forward to the SB halftime video and info. I know it might not be much. But it's early and it's a start. I'm sure alot people will see the video and start picking it apart like always. But it's going to be nice to get some new info on madden 12. But I'm looking forward to see what they have done with offline franchise mode this coming year. Can't wait.

# 47 Bellsprout @ 02/03/11 07:40 PM
Looks like it might be Ultimate Team stuff:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian_cummings
Getting oh-so-close to 6k followers! Side note, I bet some people might be much more interested in MUT in the next few days..exciting stuff.

# 48 PhillyJim76 @ 02/03/11 07:49 PM
My bet then is that your Madden 11 MUT team will carry over to Madden 12.

# 49 RedZoneD25 @ 02/03/11 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyJim76
My bet then is that your Madden 11 MUT team will carry over to Madden 12.
How would that be considered news?

It did from M10 to M11.

# 50 PhillyJim76 @ 02/03/11 08:28 PM
Sorry man,never played MUT, didn't know

# 51 PantherBeast_OS @ 02/03/11 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
Looks like it might be Ultimate Team stuff:
Or it could just mean some MUT SB cards could be added into the mix for SB weekend. But who knows. You could be right.

# 52 kehlis @ 02/03/11 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
it's not that ridiculous. ian and the team have got to push their own ideas and those of the community rather than gimmicky ideas that are no doubt handed down from upstairs. they want to put out a good product, but their opinion of a great game may be different from ours, which may be different from the suits at ea. i think this year will be a key year in deciding whether this team is the one to take madden back to its former glory.
I've never had a job where I could do the opposite of what I'm told.

I can voice my opinion as much as I want but at the end of the day if my vote doesn't win, it doesn't mean I can disregard what I've been told to do.

# 53 Meast21Forever @ 02/03/11 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I've never had a job where I could do the opposite of what I'm told.

I can voice my opinion as much as I want but at the end of the day if my vote doesn't win, it doesn't mean I can disregard what I've been told to do.
exactly right. which is why i don't think the idea of this year being a defining year as ridiculous. the madden community will base judgments of this team from the final product (regardless of who came up with the ideas). the current madden team has to lobby as hard as they can in order to take the game in the right direction. i think they can, but it depends how hard they push.

obviously they can't blatantly do what the opposite of what they're told. the only job that lets you do that is at a strip club where they tell you 'don't have sex with the customers for money' but they're winking at you when they say it. (man what a weird summer job that was.) anyway, they're the ones making the game and their input has to have a higher value than some money man making a push for a game appealing to the 'casual gamer'. whether this team can make that push, listen to the community and reflect that message loud enough to be heard by the boss man at ea is yet to be seen. i think this years product will answer that.

and about the mut update, that's a bummer. this mode has always seemed like a little extra something and fairly unsubstantial. it's only my opinion, obviously, but if that's the only news to come from the superbowl blog, i'll be sorely disappointed.

# 54 kehlis @ 02/03/11 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
exactly right. which is why i don't think the idea of this year being a defining year as ridiculous. the madden community will base judgments of this team from the final product (regardless of who came up with the ideas). the current madden team has to lobby as hard as they can in order to take the game in the right direction. i think they can, but it depends how hard they push.

obviously they can't blatantly do what the opposite of what they're told. the only job that lets you do that is at a strip club where they tell you 'don't have sex with the customers for money' but they're winking at you when they say it. (man what a weird summer job that was.) anyway, they're the ones making the game and their input has to have a higher value than some money man making a push for a game appealing to the 'casual gamer'. whether this team can make that push, listen to the community and reflect that message loud enough to be heard by the boss man at ea is yet to be seen. i think this years product will answer that.
Sounds like we are pretty much on the same page then.

I think the only problem with your argument is the fact that "the right direction" is pretty arbitrary and unfortunately, and I know some will disagree with me here, we here at OS are pretty much in the minority as to what is widely viewed as the right direction.

And I don't mean that in the sense that we are wrong in what we want to see, but I think people that make decisions probably see stronger growth in other aspects of the game.

# 55 Meast21Forever @ 02/03/11 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Sounds like we are pretty much on the same page then.

I think the only problem with your argument is the fact that "the right direction" is pretty arbitrary and unfortunately, and I know some will disagree with me here, we here at OS are pretty much in the minority as to what is widely viewed as the right direction.

And I don't mean that in the sense that we are wrong in what we want to see, but I think people that make decisions probably see stronger growth in other aspects of the game.
i hate to agree with that point, but the reality is you're probably right. the fight for realism and depth instead of gimmicks is a battle madden has lost for the last 5 years or so. it's become more about the fiscal year than it has the football season. it's a damn shame.

i honestly think ian and his guys know what we want and agree with us for the most part. it's just the business side that is keeping madden from going where it could go.

don't get me wrong though. i think madden 12 is going to be a solid game and probably the best of the series. the current team has only improved the game since they've been here and i don't see that trend ending any time soon.

# 56 TheTruth437 @ 02/03/11 11:03 PM
I didn't buy Madden 11, because the Madden team didn't really focus on gameplay and offline franchise. If they don't focus on gameplay and offline franchise, and instead focus on gimmicks for the casual fans, I will not buy madden 12 either.

# 57 BlueNGold @ 02/03/11 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth437
I didn't buy Madden 11, because the Madden team didn't really focus on gameplay and offline franchise. If they don't focus on gameplay and offline franchise, and instead focus on gimmicks for the casual fans, I will not buy madden 12 either.
They didn't? This is news to me.

# 58 TheTruth437 @ 02/04/11 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
They didn't? This is news to me.
I played Madden 10 for a long time. I played the Madden 11 demo many times. I have watched many videos of people playing Madden 11. The actual gameplay is very similar in my opinion. I know that the Madden team focused on run blocking improvements and locomotion improvements, but I feel if they're focusing on gameplay, I should be able to notice more of a gameplay difference.

# 59 roadman @ 02/04/11 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth437
I played Madden 10 for a long time. I played the Madden 11 demo many times. I have watched many videos of people playing Madden 11. The actual gameplay is very similar in my opinion. I know that the Madden team focused on run blocking improvements and locomotion improvements, but I feel if they're focusing on gameplay, I should be able to notice more of a gameplay difference.
I understand what you are saying and agree to some point, but it's a subjective opionion. Right away, I could tell draw plays worked much better in 11 vs 10 and before and that was a huge improvement for me. The OL blocking was a big difference to me.

Others may disagree as my opinion is subjective as well.

Also, it's not like they focus on just game play.

# 60 rightallthetime @ 02/04/11 12:14 AM
maybe they will tell us that online scouting is free this year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.