Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

When it comes to fact sheets, nobody does it better than the MLB 11 The Show team. Check it out, right here.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 malachijohn666 @ 02/04/11 07:33 PM
sorry but has a date been set?

# 2 djo201 @ 02/04/11 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malachijohn666
sorry but has a date been set?
March 8, 2011

# 3 Bullit @ 02/04/11 07:38 PM
I just got lite headed

I am going nuts waiting for March.

# 4 Perfect Zero @ 02/04/11 07:51 PM
Umpire personalities, sounds interesting.

I should mention that the bit about Eric Karros is missing something. He has a hatred of the Rangers every single time they play. I'm sure if we won the World Series this year, he would have complained that we didn't beat the '27 Yankees so we can't be true champions

# 5 econoodle @ 02/04/11 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
Umpire personalities, sounds interesting.

I should mention that the bit about Eric Karros is missing something. He has a hatred of the Rangers every single time they play. I'm sure if we won the World Series this year, he would have complained that we didn't beat the '27 Yankees so we can't be true champions
now you know how yankee fans feel watching games announced by McCarver & Buck! lol

as far as the fact sheet.
wow, when its all put in a neat list like that, the changes are immense!
bravo to SCEA!

edit: loved this part. something we hadn't heard yet.

¨New Presentations – The Show continues to add to an already expansive presentation base by adding more ways to accurately mirror real-life broadcasts. This year, watch for new pitch-by-pitch sequences that look back at, say, all seven pitches in an at-bat that led to a walk, or a montage of a pitcher's last six strikeouts.

# 6 WhiteM5 @ 02/04/11 08:11 PM
Of course there is plenty of excitement, but I can't help asking why they stopped at doing custom cams for hitting/pitching, but nothing for fielding. Bummer.

# 7 Perfect Zero @ 02/04/11 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
now you know how yankee fans feel watching games announced by McCarver & Buck! lol
McCarver and Buck are horrid at their job. I still can't believe some around here want them on the Show.

# 8 sydrogerdavid @ 02/04/11 08:45 PM
Buck and McCarver are my favorite when it comes to baseball broadcasts teams. For obvious reasons.

<---------

# 9 Doormat @ 02/04/11 09:07 PM
Awesome!! I had a feeling we would get a lot of information about The Show today :P

# 10 Rob_NYY @ 02/04/11 09:18 PM
Quote:
This year, watch for new pitch-by-pitch sequences that look back at, say, all seven pitches in an at-bat that led to a walk, or a montage of a pitcher's last six strikeouts.
So awesome!!

The wait gets so difficult when it's about a month away. So close, yet so far.

# 11 kenkraly2004 @ 02/04/11 09:31 PM
So awesome!! Can't wait for MLB 11 The Show to come out on March 8th. I will be getting my copy from Amazon.com. It's only a month away.

# 12 selahsdaddy @ 02/04/11 09:35 PM
Online League Upgrade (PS3) – Building on the foundation of the current online system,

MLB 11 The Show offers improved create league functionality with flexible divisions, a new schedule creator, and the ability to use a custom roster for your league. Commissioners can also set Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) controlled teams allowing for more flexibility and have an opportunity to reset or simulate games. There is also a new commissioner role management screen allowing users to provide responsibilities to other members of your league, like resolving games, resetting games, simulating games, and more.

Was hoping as a league commish we could allow the computer to actually take over control of some teams ala Madden in online league. This sounds as if it's only going to be to simulate or reset games?

# 13 person29 @ 02/04/11 09:43 PM
will co-op be available within franchise mode?

# 14 MasterX1918 @ 02/04/11 09:44 PM
New presentation stuff sounds great, especially stadium specific broadcast camera angles and weather, very authentic.

# 15 Mr. Franchise @ 02/04/11 09:44 PM
Quote:
¨ Unrivaled Player Creator – An infinite amount of options for creating players including everything right down to your own face with EyeToy® (PS2 only). But it doesn’t stop there. You can also adjust your personal rituals, swings—even emotions as you create mini-you.
Hm? What's this?

# 16 econoodle @ 02/04/11 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by person29
will co-op be available within franchise mode?

it was stated on here that no, it won't be this year.

# 17 HITTERSAURUS REX @ 02/04/11 10:17 PM
I gotta say, I've been a follower of past Show games and my passion has grown year in and year out. But never has my anticpation for this years release been this high. So given by that fact sheet, I was still memorized by what MLB11 is going to provide. Even now even I've come across new suprises that slipped by my radar as Pitch Grips & Tutorial Movies.

The bottom line is if you haven't been following or you just started I say start with this MLB11 Fact sheet 1st and see what a $60.00 purchase is all about. Cause these are some really impressive features that are going to cater and conquer all MLB enthusiasts. So do as I've done "Don't put $5 down on a pre-order.. Pay the whole thing right now and just keep March 8th 2011 for a day of America's Favorite Pastime and it all starts with MLB11 the Show.

# 18 myghty @ 02/05/11 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
edit: loved this part. something we hadn't heard yet.

¨New Presentations – The Show continues to add to an already expansive presentation base by adding more ways to accurately mirror real-life broadcasts. This year, watch for new pitch-by-pitch sequences that look back at, say, all seven pitches in an at-bat that led to a walk, or a montage of a pitcher's last six strikeouts.
I have been asking for this for years & they finally added it!!!

I have to see this!

# 19 SeerMagicX @ 02/05/11 01:02 AM
shame you cant edit the fielding cam, guess fielding will still look and be as boring as ever.

# 20 Skyboxer @ 02/05/11 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
I have been asking for this for years & they finally added it!!!

I have to see this!
Yeah the more info and stuff we see the harder the wait!
I'm so glad I never turned into a chronic whiner and can enjoy what these games do and that's give some relaxing fun days in this stress filled world.

As soon as I have the game in my hands I'll be entering some vacation.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.