Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here. It starts at roughly the :43 second mark.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 EutawStreet @ 02/07/11 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Yeah, I was always thinking of reasons why this may be, and then doing the motions for myself (I won't make a video ) I realized it's because batter's don't necessarily always let go of the bat on the follow-through. If they're like me, they might bring the back bat to their front side, and maybe even carry it a step or two before flipping it off to the side. This is probably more common with lefties or two-handed swingers, but this might be the cause for this strange look.

No game has really had animations where they run with the bat for any number of steps, so I think most games have really had this issue anyway. I remember the old-gen MLB 2K series had it really bad where the batter would like crouch low and slide their feet to angle toward first base before running. I guess there are some preset animations you might need so there aren't any issues as they're running.
Yeah its definately easier said than done. I just wish they would make different animations for example, maybe a few for no doubter home runs (which i think they already have), and then animations for a possible home run where the batter takes a few slow steps watching the ball rather than just putting his head down and taking off at full speed towards first. He should finish his swing and just kind of admire his home run before jogging towards first.

# 22 nymets94 @ 02/07/11 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42
Stop asking this question - last warning.

You've asked multiple times in several threads already and the answer remains the same, when they're ready, they will release them.
im sorrry just excited lol, i wont again! my baddd

# 23 Doormat @ 02/07/11 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EutawStreet
Yeah its definately easier said than done. I just wish they would make different animations for example, maybe a few for no doubter home runs (which i think they already have), and then animations for a possible home run where the batter takes a few slow steps watching the ball rather than just putting his head down and taking off at full speed towards first. He should finish his swing and just kind of admire his home run before jogging towards first.
You mean something like Manny Ramirez's home run walk?

# 24 countryboy @ 02/07/11 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nymets94
any gameplay videos coming soon?
nope

This game is so beautiful.

# 25 EutawStreet @ 02/07/11 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWayneFTW
You mean something like Manny Ramirez's home run walk?
Yeah...here is a video of vlad hitting a bomb that shows exactly what I am talking about. Rather than just hitting it, crouching down, and sprinting towards first, he pimps it!

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play****p?content_id=12520575

# 26 Eman5805 @ 02/07/11 09:17 PM
...anyone notice that that was a total babe on the sticks?

# 27 Joey @ 02/07/11 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
Yes. Sorry. The celebration. That little 'hop' that happens after a home run. You are probably right about a little premature judgment on my part. Sorry. I guess I noticed, because the celebration that happens in that video annoys me the most.
Yeah, I keep HR celebrations off because it provides a little more excitement on homeruns that don't clear the fence by much.

# 28 brett the jet favre @ 02/08/11 01:36 AM
Looks great, glad i got to see soem Felix!

# 29 Smitty730 @ 02/08/11 02:46 AM
I wonder when/if we're going to see personalized follow-throughs on swings. Would love to see that in the game some day.

# 30 zukes @ 02/08/11 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291
Hm. I noticed how in the 3 second clip of Felix Hernandez at Yankee Stadium, when he was winding up the camera zoomed in slowly. Looked awfully cool.
At the 49 second mark. Unbelieveable how realistic that looked. My jaw dropped.

# 31 vln13 @ 02/08/11 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291
Hm. I noticed how in the 3 second clip of Felix Hernandez at Yankee Stadium, when he was winding up the camera zoomed in slowly. Looked awfully cool.
That would be really cool, but if you look closely the whole image, including the scorebug, zooms in, which would make it seem like they just did a zoom effect in the movie process. I would love to see a dynamic pitcher broadcast cam in MLB 12 that zoomed in and out and everything! Maybe also give you the option of fielding from that view like the ESPN cameras? Just a little quibble, everything looks great!

# 32 bxgoods @ 02/08/11 05:23 PM
Are they updating the player creator at all, it looked exactly the same as the last 2 years. Are they adding any new hair styles or anything.

# 33 Doormat @ 02/08/11 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
Are they updating the player creator at all, it looked exactly the same as the last 2 years. Are they adding any new hair styles or anything.
Ask that in the other thread

# 34 thaSLAB @ 02/09/11 01:18 AM
I watched the whole feature on Qore... a lot of good stuff in there. Got a glimpse of the uniform select screen too

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 35 PLite14 @ 02/09/11 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I watched the whole feature on Qore... a lot of good stuff in there. Got a glimpse of the uniform select screen too

If you don't mind telling us, approx. at what time in the video?

# 36 thaSLAB @ 02/09/11 01:35 AM
I'll have to go back and watch it again... brb, LOL.

Edit: Actually, there isn't a time marker on the Qore vids, but its approximately halfway thru the (about) 7 minute video.

LOL, it was funny seeing Ramone ham it up at the beginning. I don't blame you tho, Audrey is smoking

Edit #2:

Spoiler

# 37 econoodle @ 02/09/11 06:12 PM
Steve, thanks for the drop.

Short but sweet clip.

Good to finally see a pitcher cam shot.
Was that the Yankee broadcast cam?

# 38 42 @ 02/09/11 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB

I'll make a thread for you...

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.